Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking News: Tampa Bay Aquires Tim Rattay...

Cou-!@#$DALLAS-gh

Well cool thing for him, he went from a last place team to a first place team, you know hes got to be thrilled!:cheers: to that, guess the 49ers are really going to stick with Alex Smith now, plus the reason for the bucs making this decision is the fact that Griese hurt his knee in this last game I believe.

I think the 49ers are planning to stick with Alex Smith and don't want to tempt their fans with Rattay. Peyton Manning commented this week that playing in the NFL ASAP is best for a young QB. The 49ers are probably buying that. I don't think that assuming Smith gets hurt is part of their plans.

Regarding the Bucs, I think this makes sense even if Gruden is comfortable with Simms. The Bucs only have one loss and will probably make the playoffs as long as they have a backup in case Simms goes does. No way that Rattay starts.

shocked.....but I guess Nolan is betting that he will keep his job if the rookie QB struggles.

yeah, I don't think Nolan's job is an issue this year because they are in rebuilding mode and trading your only vet QB kind of verifies that.

I wonder because of their past working relationship, if Norv gets fired if Nolan would hire him as OC?

Archived