Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Allan Houston Retired

santanamoss89

he was good with the nets(?) before he went to the knicks on a HUGE contract. if he was playing like he should they would have won a title. he definately had one of the nicest shoot motions i've seen.

He played in Detroit before the Knicks got him. His first deal wasn't too bad, but the extension Layden signed him to was insane.

He had one big Knick moment (the leaner against Miami the year they made the finals as an 8 seed). But since he's been hurt, he hasn't been the same.

He'll go down in histroy because of the "Allan Houston Rule". That rule is that you can waive a player & not have to pay his luxury tax. The rule was designed for the SOLE purpose to help the Knicks. Of course, the Knicks waived Jerome Williams instead. Gotta love Isiah Thomas.........

He'll go down in histroy because of the "Allan Houston Rule". That rule is that you can waive a player & not have to pay his luxury tax. The rule was designed for the SOLE purpose to help the Knicks. Of course, the Knicks waived Jerome Williams instead. Gotta love Isiah Thomas.........

either way, both retired

how people bash isiah is beyond me, as a knicks fan

before IT, we had as a starting lineup

howard eisley

h20

kvh

othella harrington

kurt thomas

6th man: clarence weatherspoon

now we have larry brown and the majority of our players are under 27... all are athletic and can run up the floor... we just Larry to coach em up a little bit, which is what he does best

we're always gonna be over the cap, so its not like its a big deal anyway (aaand we'll have penny, houstons contract (when they retire does their contract come off the books?) mo taylor and malik rose expiring in the next 2-3 years anyway)

You're right Carter, i think the knicks actually will be good this year. And if the rumored deal for Theo Ratliff goes through, i'll be even more excited. That guy was a beast when he played for Philly a couple of years ago.

A starting five like this:

Marbury

Jamal Crawford

Q Richardson

Eddie Curry

Ratliff

That's not too bad. He's definitley done a better job than Layden.....

Houston was a player who had the skills but was too "nice" to fully take advantages of those abilities and become a great player. Despite this, the Knicks still decided to pay him as if he were a great player.

He was a good player with a pretty good jumper.

He played in Detroit before the Knicks got him. His first deal wasn't too bad, but the extension Layden signed him to was insane.

He had one big Knick moment (the leaner against Miami the year they made the finals as an 8 seed). But since he's been hurt, he hasn't been the same.

It wasn't just to help the Knicks, but a couple of other teams (Dallas). And the reason they didn't waive Houston is because they were counting on this, Houston retiring. Now they lose Junk Yard's and Houston's luxury tax payments.

The Knicks are going to be a big disappointment again. Marbury, Crawford, and Q in the same starting lineup? Brown is going to shoot himself. He'll take his 10 mill and run at the end of the season. And Ratliff? He hasn't done anything in 4 or 5 years. Hopefully Curry will be ok, this has got to be a scary situation for both him and the Knicks, especially with what happened to Collier this weekend.

I went ahead and found a picture of Allen Houston because now it will be easier to put the name with a face :laugh:, I dont follow basketball that much, all I know is that the Denver Nuggets were not good for so long and now they have started to win some. Wow, we made the playoffs, heheh.

Archived