Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Warrick Holdman Exposed

Dan T.

This is my thought on the whole Holdman, Ariington, Williams saga. When GW popped off on the Comcast girl he made a very telling statement. GW said I trust the decisions of Coaches Blache and Lindsey. Where did Blache and Lindsey come from? Da Bears. Where did Phillip Daniels and Warrick Holdman come from? You guessed it, Da Bears. Who is LA competing for time with? Holdman and Daniels. I am not trying to espouse a conspiracy theory or anything but all of this is very coincidental. Lindsey and Blache know what Daniels and Holdman can do and know how they fit into the "packages". Sometimes familiarity brings a comfort level to coaching staff. Just food for thought.

I equate this situation to last year's deal where Gibbs stayed with Brunell way too long, to the detriment of the team overall. This year, the icing of Lavar, for whatever reason, is now hurting the team overall.

Zero turnovers today. Only TWO the whole fricking season! That is horrendous.

I thought about paralleling that situation too

We've absolutely got to set Holdman down. There is no rational that puts him on the field rather than Arrington. It doesn't matter whether Holdman's in the right place or not; people are taking him out easily and runners are blowing by him. Daniels is a huge disappointment. I know other guys have made gut wrenching mistakes, but if those two guys had made plays they should have made we're 5 and O. Williams is a great defensive coach, but he's made a couple of mistakes here.

SO since you cant make a new tread on who you really wanted to talk about, you make one on the one guy everyone is watching now with a microscope ready to nickpick everything he does? Why dont you complain about Marshall or for that matter Washington? Don't most of the couch-coaches here know that 56 is good enough to play any LB position?

SO since you cant make a new tread on who you really wanted to talk about, you make one on the one guy everyone is watching now with a microscope ready to nickpick everything he does? Why dont you complain about Marshall or for that matter Washington? Don't most of the couch-coaches here know that 56 is good enough to play any LB position?

LaVar can play any linebacker position but he is more effective and needed most on the outside. The middle is being stuffed up pretty well. The D is getting gashed off tackle and on perimiter plays. Holdman is the weakest linebacker out there so he has to go. LaVar and Marcus are play makers and would take pressure off one another if they could ever play together. Holdman is a good solid backup, no more.

This is my thought on the whole Holdman, Ariington, Williams saga. When GW popped off on the Comcast girl he made a very telling statement. GW said I trust the decisions of Coaches Blache and Lindsey. Where did Blache and Lindsey come from? Da Bears. Where did Phillip Daniels and Warrick Holdman come from? You guessed it, Da Bears. Who is LA competing for time with? Holdman and Daniels. I am not trying to espouse a conspiracy theory or anything but all of this is very coincidental. Lindsey and Blache know what Daniels and Holdman can do and know how they fit into the "packages". Sometimes familiarity brings a comfort level to coaching staff. Just food for thought.

This stood out to me for another reason. Nobody on the redskins now wants the responsability to answer the question why he isn't playing. They want to pass it down the line to someone else. You know why? Because there is no reasonable answer.

This stood out to me for another reason. Nobody on the redskins now wants the responsability to answer the question why he isn't playing. They want to pass it down the line to someone else. You know why? Because there is no reasonable answer.

Or because they are absolutely sick and tired of fielding the question.

Or because they are absolutely sick and tired of fielding the question.

Well, if they would catch the question and spit out a DIRECT answer instead of some quotes that dont directly answer the question and only lead to more questions.(like he has to show it in practice....He dosen't even get the reps anymore.)

It would have also have been a good idea if they wouldn't have bragged about how good he is and how they couldn't wait to get him back on the field.

Holdman sucks.

to be honest, i dont care who they put in there... whether it be L*V*r or Clemons or even Patrick Ramsey in as LB. Holdman sucks, take him out.

I played pickup football with some friends last week for 45 minutes and made more tackles than he did the whole season. LOL.

at this point in the season, with Holdman with tackles somewhere in the single digits, and sacks that equal zero, they might as well let the 3rd string LB #56 have a shot at starting one full game. perhaps to show people that the 3rd string LB #56 isnt capable, and shut everyone up...

this is my opinion right here folks... if they let 3rd string lb #56 play one full game, i garauntee he'll put up better numbers than Holdman did the past 5 games.

I mean, i been siding with the coaches for the past few weeks regarding this issue about 3rd string LB #56. I never wanted to questions the coaches at all... But after critically observing Holdman for the past few games... it's clear to me that he sucks.

In terms of 3rd string LB #56 not able to understand the defense??? c'mon now... the guy plays chess, and very good at it too.

Holdman sucks.

to be honest, i dont care who they put in there... whether it be L*V*r or Clemons or even Patrick Ramsey in as LB. Holdman sucks, take him out.

I played pickup football with some friends last week for 45 minutes and made more tackles than he did the whole season. LOL.

Lol, I like that.The bum has only 12 tackles, 9 solo, 3 assists. Marcus Washington has 3 times as many as him.

Holdman was held on that long Priest td. But he **stayed in his lane** on that one goal line play and stuffed trent green. Lavar may have done whatever on that kind of play. Holdman imo is just ok hes not bad nor good. If Lavar would just shutup I bet they would play him.

As soon as that play happened everybody I was with said the same thing. If that were Lavar it would have been a fumble by Green. Now, maybe somebody would have taken the vacated spot by Lavar before he would have been able to make a play giving up a TD, but who knows. Only thing I can tell you is that the Green is lucky Lavar wasn't in on that play.

GW is ****y and has something against lavar. That is only reason he isnt playing.I think Gibbs will say "hey I back you on any decision you make, but you might want to re-consider lavars playing time." He wont make him put him in though. I think he will get in some against the 49ers. Then I believe we will unleash him against the giants. :gaintsuck

I agree that Holdman needs to take a back seat to the more talented LaVar. Not because of what he has done but what he has not done. No Im not a NFL coach nor qualified to be one and will go on to say GW could out coach about anyone on Def any day. However, as a former player from little league through a D1, I do know the game very well. I do have eyes and I have seen LaVar through the years as a pro bowl LB and a real difference maker at Penn State. I also know that just because you are an NFL coach does not exempt you from having a grudge/personal problem with a player/person. Its obvious to most of the world that this is the case here and so be it. Im sure GW only wants to win and i would never question that but he believes he can do it without LaVar for what ever reasoning it may be, but I will never believe its because he truly thinks Holdman or any LB he has ever coached for that matter is better than LA. His peers his history and somewhat his contract is and should be enough proof of this fact. Maybe he is a step slower than he was before the injury i doubt it but maybe but still a step slower LaVar is much faster than 95% of any LB in the NFL. I have seen quotes for 3 different pro bowl players in the last week Trent Green Tony G and Champ who all 3 said he was the best player they believed we have on this team. So in defense of all the Lavar supporters on this board I think these 3 guys know football to and are qualified to one day be coaches themselves. Im in support of our GW and will be till he is gone. I just hope that his decision to keep LaVar out of the lineup is because it is for the better player no just a player who can fill the role in at best in my Opinion, 'average'. This defense needs a difference maker, LaVar supporter or not, no Redskin fan can deny that he is the best playmaker we have had on this team in the last 5 years.

Good point, Destino. Green would have been out of the game if Lavar is making that tackle instead of Holdman.

that and probably done for the season for that matter...just play the damn guy already, at least 5-10 snaps per, what could it hurt? If he gives up the long play, then we know the coaches were right! Our offense could bounce back from a long play. :2cents:

Yes Warrick Holdman is a part of the weakness on defense but don't forget about are sorry D-ends. They are also part of the reason the D is gettin exploited on the perimeter too. Phillip Daniels was hyped up so much this year since he missed time last year and he hasn't done a thing. He had a free shot on Trent Green and couldn't even bring him down! Every week it becomes more and more apparent that we need Arrington out there.

Williams is so caught up in his ego that he says Wynn, and Daniels are excellent pass rushers.

The Williams/Lavar situation reminds me of Shottenheimer/Green situation where Marty played favorites with his players under the guise of discipline. He benched Darrell Green for his handpicked Smoot, even though Darrell Green crushed Smoot as a rookie. Then talked to the media about whiney undisciplined veterans. It was much less scrutinized though because Darrell Green was over 40 and not in his prime like Lavar.

Holdman was held on that long Priest td. But he **stayed in his lane** on that one goal line play and stuffed trent green. Lavar may have done whatever on that kind of play. Holdman imo is just ok hes not bad nor good. If Lavar would just shutup I bet they would play him.

Just shut up, your only 17, you don't know enough about football to comment on this subject...LOL

Warrick Holdman is some crap and there is nothing ANYONE can say about it.

:laugh: :D:silly:

At least Marshall and Washington have quite a few more than 9 solo tackles after 5 games!

I posted this on another thread, but I think it bears repeating. Among NFL linebackers, Holdman ranks 120th in solo tackles. He's got 9 through 5 games (Using NFL stats on yahoo.com.) There are 119 linebackers in the 32 team NFL that have more solo tackles than Holdman. You might argue that because the Skijns swarm so much, solos aren't a good measure. Well, on total tackles (solos [9] plus assists [3]), he ranks 114th.

I know you can't measure overall performance based on tackles alone, but for a weakside linebacker, tackles are at least one indication of how that player is doing.

Archived