Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

_____ Cost Us The Game (Fill In The Blank)

Blondie

The failure to put the best players on the field in a position to maximize their ability. That is my personal opinion. As an athlete who played at a very high level collegiately I realize there is only one answer to this question. The Chiefs cost us the game. Ultimately the better team won on this day. They may not be better tommorrow and may have not been better yesterday, but today they were 7 points better.

Just fill in the blank with the appropriate name.

Rock fumbles and you would think he had killed someone's dog. Of course. Cut him. He has never done anything for this team. Can't play.....doesn't need to be on the team. Handed the ball to the defender.

He cost us the game.

Oh, wait........Jimoh cost the game right. I forgot.

No wait......it was Holdman......or Lavar not being in there.

No.....silly me......it was the defense that was horrible...and let Holmes score.

No......it was Gibbs and Williams being egotistical and not knowing what the **** they are doing.

No, wait...Brunell at the end of the game.

I mean, it is always ONE guy. Never a team defeat.

So, put the rantings here.

So, you couch coaches.......have at it.

Blondie

I will read them to Rock when I talk to him.

I agree. We win as team, we lose as a team. On the Holdman end, don't get me wrong, I still believe if the coaches think Lavar shouldn't play, they probably know best. However, Holdman has consistently been getting dominated. Every big run this year (except Bell's 2nd TD) has been right at Holdman. Holdman couldn't get off a block to force Holmes to the sideline on the screen. Holdman got picked up and taken out of the play on the touchdown run. I even saw a reciever seal Holdman to let Holmes get the edge on a first quater run. He's decent at coming from the backside to support when teams run at Marcus Washington but when they run at him he is consistently being taken out of the play. At this point, Lavar may give up plays being out of position but at least he'll make SOME plays. I think I'd rather see that than constantly seeing Holdman in the right place but physically dominated to the point he's taken out of the play. Watching the game today I held my breath every time they ran it thinking, PLEASE RUN AT WASHINGTON! Every time they did they were stuffed, but almost every time they ran at Holdman, it was money. This is already at least his 2nd game with 2 or less tackles in 5 so far. Maybe the coaches don't trust Lavar, but somebody, I don't car if it's Khambell, Clemons, Lavar, SOMEBODY on this team has got to be able to do more than Holdman has.

Guest strongkaracter

I was the lack of a pass rush from the "D-line and a lack of pass protection from the O-line!! :doh: And turnovers.

blondie, i know you work w/ rock, but your adamant defending of him is.....interesting. that fumble was huge. potentially a 14 point swing.

but you're right, he wasn't the only one that goofed. since you're reading this to rock, i'll go with samuels getting OWNED by some DE that i've never heard of.

Maybe some of you didn't hear this, but Tony Seragusa(I can't spell his name right but you know who he is) actually made an insightfull comment yesterday...I know I was shocked too... But he said that when the coaches were preparing his team to face Brunell that they told them he always ran with the ball away from his body, so they should always go for his arm and he will fumble.... now that is what happened to him on Sunday, he ran with the ball not tucked and got hit twice and fumbled the ball, that one is on him. The other one of his fumbles is squarley on the shoulders of the O-Line, they just could not stop the D-Line from getting penetration, even some of the best plays we made were because of adjustments by Brunell and the Reciever cause they knew someone was getting into the backfield either unblocked, or through a block. Our line had more holes than swiss cheese out there, and that showed on the running game aswell. Which leads me to the Rock fumble, if the line was doing a better job then he would have been farther up the field or the fumble causing hit would have been blocked... Our O-Line has been severely in question lately. If not for them breaking down then Brunell doesn't get the ball swiped from his hand early, Brunell doesn't run down the field so fast(notice that he had been hit way back in the pocket) and if they run block better then Rock doesn't fumble either...

Now that is just the Offensive side of the ball... we have been making some glaring mistakes on the Defensive side of the ball aswell, take the first drive, When M.Washington is about to pick a ball off, Rogers makes a sparkling play to knock the ball down and prevent the only person who had a chance at catching it(a redskin player) from doing so... and there were others too, but to list them would make an already too long post even worse.... We lost as a team people, We beat ourselves once again, Penalties, bad plays on both offense and Defense, mistakes in the coaching staffs, and even the refs contributed equally to this loss

Blondie I understand your frustration for people turning on Rock after one play, but I don't blame him for that situation, he would be soley at fault only if it was an unforced fumble, that's it.

Just my 2 cents.

You no I love me some Rock Blondie. Even after he changed his number. However, this isn't his first costly fumble. It's was Rock's chance to step up and he didn't. He knows better than to carry the ball out like that. As does Brunell. Rocks fumble was huge. No way to spin it, and it should keep Rock up for a night or two. Then he'll need to put it behind him. His position coach Earnest Byner, knows a thing or two about putting a costly fumble in the past.

Archived