Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

From a Cowboy fan...

Nerm

What kills me is that if we sucked on Saturday, these same fools would be here chiming in too!

What do you mean IF we sucked? Haven't you been reading this board? Cowboy fans have been chiming in for MONTHS. Our QBs are horrible. They are so bad they need to know defensive coverages ahead of time. They throw in the dirt every other play, and all by week one of training camp! Pack it in kids! Our season is doomed!

Ah, but a preseason game, that's completely meaningless. That's just 2nd and third stringers against 2nd and 3rd stringers. If one of our boys lights up the scoreboard, he's playing rookies and resorting to dirty tricks and p!ssing off the other team. Doesn't mean he's any good or anything. :rolleyes:

Sad thing is, this thread started with a well-intentioned Cowboy fan trying to say something nice. The rest of this is just silly. It IS a preseason game. If we got in the 49ers heads already that's their problem, not ours. The most important thing to take away from it is that noone got hurt. Be happy with that and don't sweat the rest of it until they start using real bullets.

Originally posted by Henry

Sad thing is, this thread started with a well-intentioned Cowboy fan trying to say something nice. The rest of this is just silly. It IS a preseason game. If we got in the 49ers heads already that's their problem, not ours. The most important thing to take away from it is that noone got hurt. Be happy with that and don't sweat the rest of it until they start using real bullets.

Agreed.

I tried to chime in and offer my congratulations, but of course in light of the Redskins success in Japan, some posters ART and Sonny J view it as an opportunity to throw some jabs.

I love it man.

Q.....i think your use of the term "dominated" is just a shade under ridiculous. i watched the game same as you. and the 9er offens was anything but dominating. theeir first team did not score against our second team line if you'ld like a new twist on things. how can you run 2 series and be dominating? kinda silly if you think about it.

let's just let the season unfold.

I am not so sure why its so hard for you guys to understand why the niners didn't care about losing (its preseason) but cared about what SS did by running up the score (like throwing long on 4th and 1) to show up perhaps.

Someone with an IQ of 50, (too bad that leaves you out), would realize the 4th and 1 bomb wasn't running the score up. It was a message to all defensive coordinators and defenses.

Maybe, just maybe, the defenses during regular season will have to keep it in the back of their mind to look for that instead of packing 11 men in the box to stop Davis.

And maybe just maybe Spurrier was trying to evaluate the roster to see who stepped up and who fell.

Of course I doubt you have to worry about being in the situation of being accused of running the scores up.............

Do most cowboy fans provide the best evidence for genetic screening and abortion or what? Could probably wipe out half the mental defects in the US............

Originally posted by fansince62

Q.....i think your use of the term "dominated" is just a shade under ridiculous. i watched the game same as you. and the 9er offens was anything but dominating. theeir first team did not score against our second team line if you'ld like a new twist on things. how can you run 2 series and be dominating? kinda silly if you think about it.

let's just let the season unfold.

Redskins 1st Qtr.

- 6-7 mins time of possesion

- 1 First Down generated

- 21 yards total offense

- 0 take-aways or sacks

49ers 1st Qtr.

- 8 plus mins time of possesion

- 5 First Downs generated

- 75 yards total offense

- 1 Int for 31 yards

Well, here are the facts describe it any which way you want!!

That is sad. I should have acknowledged a legitimately well-intentioned post if I'm going to jump on disingenuous ones.

Nerm, thanks for the congrats. Obviously, it was just a preseason game, but it does give cause for cautious optimism, if only for one week.

I'm sorry I didn't single you out from your trolling brethren. I enjoy civil discourse from the opposition, it's the ones who come in on trojan horses that irk me.

Originally posted by Qcard

Agreed.

I tried to chime in and offer my congratulations, but of course in light of the Redskins success in Japan, some posters ART and Sonny J view it as an opportunity to throw some jabs.

I love it man.

Well, ok thanks then.

Still, somehow quoting stats to prove the 9er starting dominance seems a bit back-handed, especially considering that in two offensive series' each, one team mustered one half of a drive off a turnover, and nobody scored any points.

Sorry, I don't see calling 0-0 obvious 49er dominance a compliment to the Redskins. Call me crazy.

It is very simple what Q means. This game meant next to nothing to the 49ers. It was the first of five games. They just wanted to get through it without any injuries. However, they have pride.

No sir! Wrong! There IS a difference. Do you know what the word CONTRAST means? It's kind of like your post. See, Q even confused YOUR small mind.

If there was "pride" involved, then the Forty Whiners would have PLAYED with "pride"....they DID NOT...that is indicative of the FVCKING score. "Next to nothing" means JUST THAT! If it meant "next to nothing", a grudge wouldn't be at the front of their minds at this point. However, AS a fan of the NFL, I know that once a team IS beaten as badly as the WHINERS got beaten, forgetting that game is anything BUT at the front of their minds!

Pull our a G@DDAMN dictionary and look up the word CONTRAST....PLEEEEEAASE! :shootinth

Well, ok thanks then.

Still, somehow quoting stats to prove the 9er starting dominance seems a bit back-handed, especially considering that in two offensive series' each, one team mustered one half of a drive off a turnover, and nobody scored any points.

Sorry, I don't see calling 0-0 obvious 49er dominance a compliment to the Redskins. Call me crazy.

My congratulations may seem back-handed, but that was not the intention. I point out facts that can not be disputed or refuted.

The Niners and Skins are different teams with ultimately the same goal, but will definitely follow a different path to the season because of each teams previous season.

Here is an article from the 49ers site that describes the Niners coaching staffs game plan going into Osaka.

http://www.sf49ers.com/newsroom/DisplayNews.asp?newsid=670

So here was an article written after the game to describe to us the San Francisco plan going into the game? Fascinating.

Spurrier said he only ran plays he ran in college so he wouldn't give away the new stuff he had in store. Did you know that? Or did you just read the post-game articles written for the Niners to understand what they wanted to do going into the game?

Qcard,

the 49ers had a good record last year. but as we have seen the past 3 or 4 years there are no more dynasty teams. what a team does in one season does not automatically transfer to the next.

the Patriots were dogmeat in 2000 and champs in 2001.

the Rams were dogmeat in 1998 and champs in 1999.

the Ravens were 8-8 in 1999 and champs in 2000.

with that in mind, there is no way of knowing based on schedule, injuries and changes in staff and roster which teams are going to be better in 2002.

certainly SF comes into 2002 with expectations from their finish last year.

I am sure the Ravens did in 2001. And the Vikings as well, after making it to the NFC title game.

But teams often regress from 12-4 or 11-5 back to the pack as often these days as they come back and improve on it :)

The 49ers get a wide berth by the media and fans because of their past under Walsh and the 'romance' of the team and its rep.

But this 49ers team is not like those. It is a solid team with workmanlike players like Garcia and Hearst that have to be at 100% to be effective.

The Redskins peformance against them is memorable only in the fact that the team looked composed and functioned with a degree of cohesiveness that I am sure surprised a lot of people given how short a time the regulars and backups have been working together. :)

I am not naive enough to think the Redskins have arrived and will beat SF during the season by a like score.

But, all those that think the Giants and Cowboys and Eagles are going to load up on the Skins because Spurrier is starting Shane Matthews or Danny Wuerffel at quarterback I think are in for an equally great surprise :laugh:

Originally posted by Art

So here was an article written after the game to describe to us the San Francisco plan going into the game? Fascinating.

Isn't it.

Originally posted by Art

Spurrier said he only ran plays he ran in college so he wouldn't give away the new stuff he had in store. Did you know that?

No I didn't, but that is good thing. At least he is in tune with the other headcoaches about not showing (SS) the real stuff during the Off-season.

Originally posted by Art

Or did you just read the post-game articles written for the Niners to understand what they wanted to do going into the game? [/b]

No. 49ers were a play-off team. Common sense.

Originally posted by bulldog

Qcard,

the 49ers had a good record last year. but as we have seen the past 3 or 4 years there are no more dynasty teams. what a team does in one season does not automatically transfer to the next.

the Patriots were dogmeat in 2000 and champs in 2001.

the Rams were dogmeat in 1998 and champs in 1999.

the Ravens were 8-8 in 1999 and champs in 2000.

with that in mind, there is no way of knowing based on schedule, injuries and changes in staff and roster which teams are going to be better in 2002.

certainly SF comes into 2002 with expectations from their finish last year.

I am sure the Ravens did in 2001. And the Vikings as well, after making it to the NFC title game.

But teams often regress from 12-4 or 11-5 back to the pack as often these days as they come back and improve on it :)

The 49ers get a wide berth by the media and fans because of their past under Walsh and the 'romance' of the team and its rep.

But this 49ers team is not like those. It is a solid team with workmanlike players like Garcia and Hearst that have to be at 100% to be effective.

The Redskins peformance against them is memorable only in the fact that the team looked composed and functioned with a degree of cohesiveness that I am sure surprised a lot of people given how short a time the regulars and backups have been working together. :)

I am not naive enough to think the Redskins have arrived and will beat SF during the season by a like score.

Yada Yada Yada. The fact remains that play-off teams with minimal turn-over during the Off-season approach the preseason games differently. They are more concerned about avoiding the injury bug and keeping there starters and immediate back-ups fresh. This is the blue-print followed by teams that have more stability.

Originally posted by bulldog

But, all those that think the Giants and Cowboys and Eagles are going to load up on the Skins because Spurrier is starting Shane Matthews or Danny Wuerffel at quarterback I think are in for an equally great surprise :laugh: [/b]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: After 1 preseason game you have come to this conclusion:silly: :laugh: :laugh:

Get a grip!!!. When faced with the 1 string players the Offense had 21 yards offense and 0 defense takeways and sacks.

ooooh we are scared!!!

Archived