Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CMON PEOPLE, Am I the only one scratching my head over this????????

Arnok Vanquish

Two possessions, BOTH in Denver territory, 3rd and 1, and another possession 3rd and 2. BOTH times we pass the ball?????? IN DENVER'S territory? I would prefer not to hear the argument about "predictable playcalling" because if we are succesful RUNNING for even one of those first downs, we may get into field goal range for yet even another Novak attempt, considering we lost by two. Fumbles, penalities, bad officiating, tuck rules notwithstanding, with the RB's we have, we should NEVER EVER not try and get a 1st down on a 3rd and 1, or 3rd and 2. Portis, Betts, Cartwright and Nemo and we call a pass play on both series? Leaves me scratching my head every time?:eaglesuck:gaintsuck

Yeah, but if we convert those third down plays by passing, this thread wouldn't even be here. When you have 9 in the box, you gotta throw. Especially if the QB is hitting almost everything he throws like Brunell was. If we run the ball and get stuffed, the thread would be "Why didn't we pass in those situations?" IMO

Yeah, but if we convert those third down plays by passing, this thread wouldn't even be here. When you have 9 in the box, you gotta throw. Especially if the QB is hitting almost everything he throws like Brunell was. If we run the ball and get stuffed, the thread would be "Why didn't we pass in those situations?" IMO

Yes but WHY are there 9 men in the box? Because the Skins can't throw the ball very well. If the Skins can beat you deep or complete those passes on 3rd down, then they would. And then there would never be 9...and in 1 case....10 men in the box. The Skins need a better QB.

In 3 of the games this year.....This team has only 1 TD total in the first 57 minutes of play. Brunell is not getting it done until the other team goes into its prevent defense.

Yes but WHY are there 9 men in the box? Because the Skins can't throw the ball very well. If the Skins can beat you deep or complete those passes on 3rd down, then they would. And then there would never be 9...and in 1 case....10 men in the box. The Skins need a better QB.

In 3 of the games this year.....This team has only 1 TD total in the first 57 minutes of play. Brunell is not getting it done until the other team goes into its prevent defense.

???

Um, I think I remember three.

In my opinion our main problem is not our passing in the redzone, but our running.

Because the Skins can't throw the ball very well.....

The Skins need a better QB......

He shredded you guys yesterday and your precious Browncos. It was the fumble and a couple of stupid mistakes that prevent us from beating you arses completely. You've got some nerve bad mouthing a QB that outthrew your QB by like 230 yards.

Take it back to your background :jerk:

excellent point. Maybe the pats will trade us Tom Brady?

So what you're saying is that the Skins aren't good on third down? (about 40%)??? Brunell threw for over 300 yards and we got over 100 yards rushing. Almost all teams put nine in the box on obvious running plays. He has over the last two games burned opposing defenses on third down and they weren't in prevent D all the time. You guys have to remember, that he is getting more reps every week with the first team and is more comfortable with the offense and the players around him. We'll see if you change your tune in December!

Really? The Skins can't throw?

Mark Brunell:

78-137, 909 yards, 6TDs & 2 INTs

Projected(yeah it's just speculation)

312-548, 3,336 yards, 24 TDs & 8 INTs

That my friend is a Pro-Bowl season.

I was extremely puzzled by the fact that we ran on 3rd and short twice, maybe gibbs does not think Portis can pick up those tough 2-3 yards, and thats why we are not scoring any rushing td's in the redzone, we don't got one this year!

Also, I think a draw out of shotgun woudlnt' hurt every onece in awhile ...

Valid point... Rock Cartwright got in the game on offense atleast once yesterday, I would have like to see him get it done. Outside of those 2-3 plays, I thought the play calling was excellent. I can't complain too much.

Archived