Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Enuff with the games... Holdman is not the right weak side player

Drkstar

Guest Gichin13

Holdman supposedly is in there due to his discipline and playing his assignment.

It was him blowing his critical assignment of holding the outside that lead directly to the first long touchdown. If he is not even going to contain and force the play back in, sit him down I say.

Holdman looked bad today. On that TD run to his side he looked like he was moving in slow motion. When they sent him on a blitz it didn't even look like he tried to make a play, usually you try to get around a guy *OR* push him back...Holdman looks like he just runs into the blocker like it was practice.

I don't know what to believe about the coaches. They came out and said Lavar was in certain packages.....but it look more and more like they are trying to humiliate the guy and make a point. I hope they weren't lying when they said they wanted him to work his way in there because more and more members of the press are saying he isn't even being used in practice (which means not even being given a CHANCE to work your way in). Sad.

Holdman looked bad today. On that TD run to his side he looked like he was moving in slow motion. When they sent him on a blitz it didn't even look like he tried to make a play, usually you try to get around a guy *OR* push him back...Holdman looks like he just runs into the blocker like it was practice.

I don't know what to believe about the coaches. They came out and said Lavar was in certain packages.....but it look more and more like they are trying to humiliate the guy and make a point. I hope they weren't lying when they said they wanted him to work his way in there because more and more members of the press are saying he isn't even being used in practice (which means not even being given a CHANCE to work your way in). Sad.

granted holdman did make a couple of plays today but the big td run on his side was kinda bad. it made me wonder if he was just "playing his assignment" instead of trying to run to the ball b/c he was practically watching the play happen.

i felt bad to see lavar with his helmet on and standing net to the staff on every defensive series in the first half but in the second half lavar just put on a coat and stayed warm.

btw lavar should beg to get on special teams.

Mr. Five-Tackles-in-three-games got blown out of his lane and missed a tackle which allowed the first TD. SInce then, he's turned in his usual lackluster performance. So much for impact players! Meanwhile, one of our biggest defensive playmakers is getting splinters in his 4ss!

I don't want to hear any more "package" or "not getting it done in practice" cr4p! If we lose this game, in which our "spot-on defense" is allowing first-down after first-down, I hope that Williams has a lousy week because there is absolutely NO excuse for having Lavar in there to cause some havoc, and maybe a turnover! Arrington COULD be smacking the cr4p out of Jake the Fake!! And Holdman doesn't impress me AT ALL!!

21 freaking points!!

Gregg Williams is smarter than you.

Do you know why 21 points seems so bad? It's because Gregg William's defense is so good. When a fan is outraged after giving up 21 points, you know you have one hell of a defense.

Gregg Williams knows what hes doing. Gregg Williams has turned this defense into one of the best in the league and if he thinks Holdman is the right man, then he is the right man.

Wow, the critical analysis here amazes me. :rolleyes:

It was Daniels who screwed up on that first touchdown, not Holdman.

And while we are throwing out stats here, Holdman did have 5 tackles today, as many as the other guys.

Jason

You complain about critical analysis and then offer nothing but the same thing you complain about. On that play Holdman was there and did nothing, he was in slow motion watching a run going his way go by. I'm glad he got five tackles today, I am, but he hasn't shown the ability to play a GOOD game yet.

granted holdman did make a couple of plays today but the big td run on his side was kinda bad. it made me wonder if he was just "playing his assignment" instead of trying to run to the ball b/c he was practically watching the play happen.

i felt bad to see lavar with his helmet on and standing net to the staff on every defensive series in the first half but in the second half lavar just put on a coat and stayed warm.

Yeah. I saw those "couple of plays!" One, Holdman landed on the guy after he lost his footing and tackled himself. I guess Holdman will get the credit for THAT "tackle!"

There is no excuse for not even using Lavar on even ONE play! ONE FREAKING PLAY!!

And while we are throwing out stats here, Holdman did have 5 tackles today, as many as the other guys.

Jason

Here's the thing. If Lavar was on that side they wouldn't have even run there. They would have run up the middle. But because Lavar wasn't in, the Broncos were able to call a play to that side against a weak, weakside linebacker. Gregg Williams allowed himself to be outcoached in today's game because of some hidden factor that we just don't know. Lavar has been practicing for almost two months now. To not play him one single snap is insanity. I had a conversation this weekend with a former Redskins who remains close to the organization and when I asked him his thoughts he told me that Lavar loves the fans and wants more than anything to get on the field but "He stepped on the wrong toes" This former skin's name rhymes with Roc Hawker. That was enough for me.

So let's Keyshawn him for the rest of the season. Cut him in the offseason and with a whole years rest and a chip on his shoulder he will sign with one of three teams. Dallas, Philly or NY. We will pay for it. I'm done thinking Gregg Williams is the next and when Joe Gibb's hangs it up again we are going to be mediocre for many a generation to come.

Now of course I am biased because Lavar is my favorite player but the Redskins will always be bigger than any player to me. What I can't stand is the thought of us wasting a talented player and not giving ourselves the best chance to win. We didn't give ourselves that chance today.

Gregg Williams is smarter than you.

Do you know why 21 points seems so bad? It's because Gregg William's defense is so good. When a fan is outraged after giving up 21 points, you know you have one hell of a defense.

Gregg Williams knows what hes doing. Gregg Williams has turned this defense into one of the best in the league and if he thinks Holdman is the right man, then he is the right man.

He has turned this defense into one of the best. Last year that meant top 3. This year his defense has taken a step back in every category. His defense has no turnovers in three games. His defense isn't getting the opposing QB dirty, much less sacking the guy.

His defenses play on the field is creating the questions. If you can't handle people questioning whats wrong when something is CLEARLY wrong, then it's best to avoid a discussion forum.

Yeah. I saw those "couple of plays!" One, Holdman landed on the guy after he lost his footing and tackled himself. I guess Holdman will get the credit for THAT "tackle!"

There is no excuse for not even using Lavar on even ONE play! ONE FREAKING PLAY!!

He has turned this defense into one of the best. Last year that meant top 3. This year his defense has taken a step back in every category. His defense has no turnovers in three games. His defense isn't getting the opposing QB dirty, much less sacking the guy.

His defenses play on the field is creating the questions. If you can't handle people questioning whats wrong when something is CLEARLY wrong, then it's best to avoid a discussion forum.

Thank you, Des. It seems that some on this forum can't understand the difference between being negative about some ASPECT of the team and being negative about the entire team.

WHAT THE HELL is wrong with some of you people?!

All many of you do is ____ about other people's observations and talk about how XYZ knows more than you do. Guess what--SO DOES MIKE FRIGGIN TICE. SO DOES MIKE NOLAN! They do! They honestly do! Now, Williams is better than those guys--but that doesn't mean he's incapable of making a mistake.

Fact is, every critic of Lavar has talked about him giving up teh big play--well guess what happened today?!? TWO HUGE plays given up, and NOT because of Lavar.

So if we're going to give up BIG PLAYS AND not MAKE ANY, then why not insert Lavar at least for 10-20 plays? Seriously.

Jason

Watch the replay (great reason to have a TiVo!). Holdman got pushed like a three year old girl out of his lane, AND missed the tackle. Result: TD Donkeys.

Face it guys, LaVar Arrington is done in Washington. He won't see the field and he won't be with us next year.

This might be true, but it doesn't mean it's right. LA is a three time pro bowler. I can't undertsand how a novice coach like Kurt Schotenheimer Jr.s could utilize LA so well (94 tackles 11 sacks) and GW is having a hard time.

all of the coaches have said that Lavar hasn't shown it in practice yet. What makes you think he can come in the game and make big plays? The guy hasn't shown the physical ability in practice, he isn't ready.

You're right!!!! And WH or CC hasn't shown up in a game YET!!!! Where's Allen Iverson when you need him. I can't believe you posted this BS....You're a $2 crackhead!!!!

You're talking about PRACTICE!!!! What about a game???? Have either of those stellar players (WH or CC) made ANY plays in a game? PRACTICE?!?!??! Are you kidding me?????!!!!! I guess they're practice superstars... Just like you and GW like!!!

Why even bother having Lavar fly out with the team? Why bother have him suit up for home games? I'd have more respect for GW if he'd just come out and say "we're not playing Lavar EVER because of his $6M contract complaint!"

I just heard GW on the postgame and it almost made me vomit! This "he's getting better in practice.." nonsense is farcical! Steve Szaban said it best by saying "my leg is getting wet, and it's not raining." If anyone buys this "package" and "not doing it in practice" nonsense, then you must be holding about 4000 acres in the Everglades!

I have zero respect for GW! Before this nonsense, I was hoping that he would be our next HC after Gibbs retires. Now, I don't want him!!

Archived