Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nick Nova kid is amazing

Moz Wanted

He didn't "MISS" the kick left or right or short, it was BLOCKED because someone on the line missed their assignment. Novak is a good kicker, he's not great but he has won 2 games so far.

1.The Tackle against the Cowboys on the kickoff

2.The kick in Ot on Sunday.

:doh: it was blocked because it was kicked 6 feet off the ground..it hit a guy in the facemask at the line of scrimmage.....wake up people, he made a clutch kick. he also blew it. 66% is not david akers.

He didn't "MISS" the kick left or right or short, it was BLOCKED because someone on the line missed their assignment. Novak is a good kicker, he's not great but he has won 2 games so far.

1.The Tackle against the Cowboys on the kickoff

2.The kick in Ot on Sunday.

Frankly....I think it was Novak's fault it was blocked. The kick came out way to low. The push from the defensive front was not very big. No one broke thru.....the trajectory was low enough for the line to get their hand on the ball.

As for the original question....Novak has a very long way to go to prove himself in this league.....a decent start but far from being the best ever. And as others have pointed out....his kickoffs sucked....incredibly short when he was kicking long.....and not all that high for kickoff coverage.

They were doing that on purpose. I don't know why, but Gibbs said so on his radio show.

because the one time he did (i think he got it to like the 5, it was really low, which doesn't give your teams a chance to get down there. the potential for a big run back jumps tremendously when your teams doesnt have time to get down the field.

because the one time he did (i think he got it to like the 5, it was really low, which doesn't give your teams a chance to get down there. the potential for a big run back jumps tremendously when your teams doesnt have time to get down the field.
Is this your opinion? I'm not trying to rip you because it sounds like it could be right on the money, just want to know.

Is this your opinion? I'm not trying to rip you because it sounds like it could be right on the money, just want to know.

i guess its my opinion. you couldnt even see our special teams until the returner was at about the 25-30. signs of a low kick. It happened in week 2 against Dallas when they broke one at the end of the game.

it kinda proves it when they decided to just go with pooch kicking to keep them from returning the ball. When you have a shutdown defense you can do that. You dont want your special teams allowing them to get in to your territory because of low kicks when you can just pooch one up to the 30 and let your D stuff them.

i guess its my opinion. you couldnt even see our special teams until the returner was at about the 25-30. signs of a low kick. It happened in week 2 against Dallas when they broke one at the end of the game.

it kinda proves it when they decided to just go with pooch kicking to keep them from returning the ball. When you have a shutdown defense you can do that. You dont want your special teams allowing them to get in to your territory because of low kicks when you can just pooch one up to the 30 and let your D stuff them.

Might this be a test for something the team wants to do against KC and the Giants? Both of those teams seem to have dangerous special teams and with our D we can't afford to give them near 30 yard line and not risk a big play.

Might this be a test for something the team wants to do against KC and the Giants? Both of those teams seem to have dangerous special teams and with our D we can't afford to give them near 30 yard line and not risk a big play.

Could be. But I dont see why they would feel the need to "test" it. Its a pooch kick, as long as you get it up there, theres little or no return. If he needs reps on how to do it effectively against the chiefs, I'm sure they would use practice.

Archived