Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is the deal with our kickoffs?

InGibbsITrust

Most surprising undefeated team at the week 4 mark?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Most surprising undefeated team at the week 4 mark?

• Buccaneers
    • Colts
    • Bengals
    • Redskins

Can someone please explain what the deal is with our kickoffs? I love Novak (Go Terps!) but the guy can't kick a kickoff to save his life. I mean when the other team calls a fair catch on their 30 you've got a real problem. I have yet to see him kick on past their 5 yard line. I thought one of the reasons we brought this Frost guy in to punt was that he could also handle kickoffs. I love Novak but we've got to do a better job on kickoffs. :2cents:

Anyone watching the Zona-SanFran game? This guy Rackers can kick the snot out of the ball. The guy kicked off and hit the damn goal posts. Not to mention he jus kicked his 7th field goal of the game. Go gettim Danny boy!

OK, I was 9 in 1983, so some of you vets might have to help me out. During at least part of Mosley's career, didn't Steve Cox handle a lot of the 50+ yard kicks or is my memory deceiving me? And did Cox ever kickoff? That I don't remember.

I wouldn't mind a similar situation here, where the punter handles kickoffs. As a Terp fan, and having seen what Novak can do, it'll take a lot to get me off his bandwagon. But kickoffs that short will not work under any circumstances.

I also LOATHE the idea of teams that carry two kickers. If you're that good that you don't need the extra roster spot, good for you. We do. All the more reason to have a punter who can also be the KOS.

Anyone watching the Zona-SanFran game? This guy Rackers can kick the snot out of the ball. The guy kicked off and hit the damn goal posts. Not to mention he jus kicked his 7th field goal of the game. Go gettim Danny boy!

rackers got me 27 fantasy points this week!! best free agent pickup ever. :applause:

Archived