Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New ESPN Power Rankings...

skinsfan00atg

Doesn't matter if we win or not, or by how much - the truth is, most NFL fans are not gonna pick the Skins this week or any other week. For example.....let's say we win 49-3, what do you think the headlines will be?

"Seahawks play horrendous game, lose 49-3"

If we win 12-10......

"Horrible Redskin offense sputters along, Seahawks collapse 12-10"

I've noticed that when it's a Redskins victory, it's never a Redksins WIN.....it's more of an opposing team LOSS (Chicago? Well, they had a rookie QB - no way they lose that game in week 6............Dallas? Well, that's just a fluke loss........Seattle? They were looking past Washington for that huge divisional matchup in week 4 with the Rams.)

Ok, I'm done ranting, I'm going back on my meds........

AMEN, Brother!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking

I know the rankings don't matter, wins do, but I love my skins and I want to see them respected. I just think Dallas being above us shows that the media looks for anything to disrespect us, i.e., Dallas being 2-1, us having a bye gave em the chance to put em higher. The 1-2 teams above us also irk me, oh well. We beat Seattle and we'll finally have that quality win.

do you seriously think we're a top 10 team? I don't. I know we're homers, but just cause we're 2-0 doesn't mean we're the best. We beat chicago and dallas for gods sake. Chicago that got blown out by cincy, dallas that nearly lost to the 49ers. We haven't proved a damn thing yet.

We've proven we can beat Dallas yet they "out rank" us? That's f'ed up regardless of how you look at it. I personally could care less, but it's still f'ed up.

I agree we should be maybe a spot or 2 above Dallas, but if you use this logic, than Dallas should then be higher than San Diego, who then should be higher than the NYG, who then should be higher than NO, who then should be higher than Carolina, and on and on. 15 is about right for now, even if we know we could beat half of the teams higher than us. We just have to go out and do it.

good point and hilarious picture. let's just try to keep winning and the rest will take care of itself.

I will take 15, it is better than I would expect from ESPN. If we win this weekend we will turn the corner in alot of the mediots minds. From there we will see more and more respect. However, looking at our 2 w's it is hard to be too over confident. We are definetly not world beaters yet...however the potential is there.

The Skins need to put up some kind of offensive numbers and score to be taken serioulsy. So unless they beat Seattle 31-10 this weekend, look for them to not even move into the top 10, even if they win.

Actually, 31-10 sounds about right to me for this game. Followed by a temporary end to all the whining about the offense.

:logo:

Havn't you notice? ESPN is filled with a bunch of Cowboy fans. From Irvin all the way down to that one SC anchor that reported on the Monday Night game on SC and pretty much tried to be a downer over the victory saying, "Over reacting a little? I didn't know 1 game actually mattered so much."

ESPN/ABC=Cowboy fans.

Not sure what I expected considering we had a bye, BUT we are one of only four undefeated teams, yet somehow we're 15. I can understand Carolina, because they just might be a better team than us, but Dallas and San Diego?!!!! How can you put a team we beat and a team they beat above us. They might hate us, but for the simple fact that we've beaten the 'Boys just has to put us above them. Ugh, oh well.

CBSSportsline.com has us at #9......I'm kinda suprised we're that high up.

we proved that we can beat dallas. How can Dallas be rated higher? I could care less what espn things, but that is just illogical.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Everyone at ESPN has huge man-crushes on Bill Parcells. They all want to cuddle with him in front of a warm fireplace and whisper sweet nothings into his ear. They love the guy. Its to the point of ridiculousness, actually.

Dallas could be 0-3 and they would find some excuse to rank them ahead of us in the polls.

Being ranked 15 is fair if not generous. We barely escaped Dallas with a win and so far our offense hasn't shown the consistency to be considered any higher in the rankings. We've already made a big jump in comparison to our initial preseason rankings so I'll take it even though personally I would prefer that we remain under the radar longer.

Archived