Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What 3-0 Would Mean

3CardMonte

Cincinnati, Indianapolis and Tampa Bay can take a bow, with Washington on deck to do the same.

The playoffs are within your grasp. Of the 54 teams that have started 3-0 in the past 10 years, 40 of them have advanced to the playoffs.

The percentage has been even higher the past two years. Of the 13 teams that have opened 3-0 the past two years, 11 of them have advanced to the playoffs, the exceptions being Minnesota in 2003 and Jacksonville last season.

link

:seahawksu

The Dallas game was a start....

We're winning ugly games, but we're winning.

Last year we may be 0-2 right now....so we know how to win tough games.

If you look at the current schedule.....I still think the NFCW is the worst division in the NFL and think 3-1 or 4-0 is really likely.

The AFCW is looking more difficult, but no team looks unbeatable there 2-2 would be great with them.

The Bucs may be a helluva lot harder to beat than I thought.

So then our divison....every game a dogfight. But I think we have a better chance than last year.

3-0 would be a great start.......to maybe a return to what we once were.

3-0? Get there first. You can't look past any teams in this league. You give the Seahawks a little breathing room, and Hasselbeck and Alexander will eat you up. Forget about 3-0. The Skins need to approach this game as if they're 0-2 and the season's on the line.

I'm worried about the Seahawks game ... in the last one (2003) Skins were lucky ... Seattle fumbled at the goal line and the winning TD was a trick play (screen to Gardner who threw the option to Canidate in the end zone). The key will be TOP. Skins need to keep Hasselbeck/Alexander off the field. If Brunell does "3 and outs" it will turn ugly. If Skins win they will finally get some respect, albeit grudgingly. Even if the Sklins lose to the Hawks, they can still emerge as a playoff contender by splitting the next 2 games, beating the 49ers and splitting the Giants and Eagles games.

3-0? Get there first. You can't look past any teams in this league. You give the Seahawks a little breathing room, and Hasselbeck and Alexander will eat you up. Forget about 3-0. The Skins need to approach this game as if they're 0-2 and the season's on the line.

Well, i dont think anyone here is playing on sunday, but yea we shouldnt assume a victory. Not sure anyone was, just giddy at the idea of a possible 3-0 start.

If we won it with a clean offensive showing, scoring a td or two, showing progress moving the ball, 3-0 would be huge. If our D holds off the Hawks and we win with 3 FG's it wont mean much.

I disagree Sam ... if Skins go 3 and 0, no matter how ugly, they will get some respect if no other reason than Gibbs has outcoached Mesrrs. Smith, Parcells and Holmgren ... all Gods in the NFL coaching Pantheon.

I guess you havent been a skins fan long? If theres a way to critisize and deminish anything the Skins do, the media finds a way. If our offense is still ugly, they will be saying that its amazing we are still undeafeated, and headed for a big crash. Im not saying i believe that, its just what we'll hear all week

I think that this game will be won in the first half. If Shaun Alexander has more than 12 touches then we are in trouble. We need to take him away as an option. If we're lucky Hassleback will guarantee a win during the coin toss and make it easy on us.

Nice win in SF, thank them for getting conservative in the 4th "Mr. Cowboy"... You could just as easily be 0-3, so be thrilled to be 2-1. Skins/Seahawks is a good match-up, and as good as we are against the run and as good as our corners are, we have an edge against the Seahawks. Actually, that gives us an edge against many teams from week to week.

I like Oakland to beat Dallas, btw, 31-20, this weekend. Good luck with that Newman-Moss match-up... and those Bledsoe picks in SF were a sign of things to come.

3-0 will be huge, I know it hasn't happened since the SB 26 season. It is doable, very doable. My bet is Brunell gives us what Trent Dilfer gives his teams. Effort plays like his scramble.... the occasional big play to one of our speedy wideouts... and a lot of handoffs to Portis. Veteran leadership that he couldn't provide last year when his season got off to such a bad start. He will play above average football the rest of the way.

Archived