Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

brunell vs dallas last year

Byebye

remember towards the end of the game we were down? (1st game against dallas last year)

brunell starts airing it out deep and we end up moving the ball extremely well... But then the next game we went back to same old conservative brunell...

are we unrealistic expecting brunell to air out deep more often in future weeks?

when the o line can open up holes for portis, i think we'll see brunell take more shots- now they know that they are going to be there. remember brunell took some shots vs dallas before the 2 big passes and just missed 2 of them. they'll get in sync.

actually, i think they'll take more shots regardless of the run- it may be all we have!

We will find out Sunday what kind of team the Skins are offensively, as Brunell gets a bye week to get insync with the other members of the offense. It will be time for him to start making the throws. Should be interesting.

Mabye. Seattle is the 8th ranked D overall but their rushing D is ranked 18th. So look for Portis left, Portis right, rinse, repeat. All that running could open up some long balls but the question is will Gibbs call those plays or will he be conservative again. Seattle can certainly score points so we better score more than 14.

Watch the plays this week.. Whenever Brunell goes short see if there are other options down the field. I don't think Gibbs deserves as much blame as he's getting for the conservative offense.

I agree. Watching the Dallas game I felt Brunell gave up on looking deep way to early until late in the game when he had to go deep. He was looking for the ole safety valve way too soon.

I was at the Dallas game, and there were very few, repeat, VERY few deep options. The didn't run patterns into the middle of the field and it was very dink and dunk. Don't blame Brunnel for giving up on deep options, the play calls had no deep options.

Very good observation there. I was thinking if we have ANY plays for the middle of the field at all.

Of course the TD bombs we in the middle but deep plays.

I was thinking of slants and ways to get Cooley or Royal open in there.

I was at the Dallas game, and there were very few, repeat, VERY few deep options. The didn't run patterns into the middle of the field and it was very dink and dunk. Don't blame Brunnel for giving up on deep options, the play calls had no deep options.

That's very disappointing to hear. Everyone in the league knows that Roy Williams can't cover -- I expected the Skins to game plan for Cooley on long patterns down the middle to exploit this weakness. It's not encouraging to hear that we didn't.

I just hope we can maintain some type of balanced attack.

I think the win in Dallas brought an emotional spark to this team. Even moreso, we proved to the Cowboys and the nation that Santana Moss demands respect, and teams can no longer have 8 men in the box to contain CP.

We've always known this, but we need to stretch the field and go over the top to open up the rushing attack.

Archived