Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redksins vs. USC

SkinsNYC

You're crazy. This happens every once in a while - some hot college team gets going and then someone brags they that could beat x or y NFL team. No way that would ever happen. You're talking about 1-2 unproven NFL prospects against a whole team of NFL vets. They would get destroyed - football is a team game. Every time this comes up it's a ludicrous thought.

There was a team with the number one scoring defense in the land, a tougher schedule (see combined records of foes), in the number one football conference in the land, defeated 5 top ten teams and didn't struggle against 4-7 Stanford. Oh, did I mention they were undefeated?

Auburn didn't get into the BCS championship game because its schedule was so weak. The bottom few teams in the SEC are always weak, the L-Monroes and L-Lafayettes are extraordinarily weak...those are gimme games. USC hardly ever gets games like that.

Alabama 24, Arkansas 13

USC 70, Arkansas 17

While we obviously cannot conclude that USC would beat Alabama by 42 :), there is clearly a huge difference between these two teams, and Alabama is considered a strong (although not the best) squad in the SEC.

Like I said in another thread, it's sad that your bias is so strong that you can't appreciate one of the great offenses in the history of college football. If USC's defense were a little better, the Trojans would be thoroughly unbeatable.

I wish we knew who was better. How long is it going to take to get rid of BCS? What reason could you possibly put forward for NOT playing the only two undefeated teams against each other. Sure, the Big XII is a great conference, but OU had already proven they couldn't beat USC the year before, hadn't they? There's no logic to it.

If you got the worst 53 players in the NFL together to play USC then USC would win easily.

They could easily beat a collection of bad players, but they could not beat a single NFL team.

I don't know about that; there is something to be said for team chemistry. And there are some serious scrubs sitting on some NFL benches. I would think that USC would have a good shot at beating the all-NFL scrub team. Unless of course you got the scrubs together and practiced for a month or two before playing. I mean, that USC team has been together for quite a few years now; they know eachother pretty well.

NFL teams, however? No chance for USC, they would get mushed.

• 3 months later...
No chance USC stays within 5 TDs of any NFL team, including the 49ers. There is a HUGE difference between college and the NFL game. Much faster, much more physical, much more complex. There isn't an NFL team in existence that wouldn't absolutely destroy USC.

Thank you. Some people forget that there actually is a difference in the level of play between college and the NFL.

While not exactlly USC vs an NFL team,there was college vs NFL game held each year:

College All-Star Game, which had the NFL Champion play against a team made of college all-stars.

Here is a link with some info....

http://www.footballresearch.com/articles/frpage.cfm?topic=y-allstargame

Enjoy!

:logo:

Yeah I thought I recalled that. Man that was a LONG time ago. Whatever happened to that game?

USC vs. Washington: Even though Leinart is a good college QB, his ballroom dancing skills dont save him as his extremely overmatched offensive line gives up 27 sacks. The Redskins defense that in the past has shut down offensesfor good portions of the game against teams manned by future hall of famers holds the amazingly inexperienced USC offense to -67 yards and 0 points. The Redskins offensive line dominates USC's and helps give Clinton Portis 380 rushing yards and 7 TD's Mark Brunell passes for 452 Yards and 5 touchdows, 297 yards and 3 of those TD's going to Moss. The defense intercepts Leinart 6 times, returning 3 of them for touchdowns, Sean Taylor somehow knocks 8 of the 11 starters on USC's offense out cold at one point or another.

Redskins:105

USC:0, or possibly -30

:applause: That was awesome!

unfortunately, they can beat us.

why would u think they couldn't? They can possibly beat a 1/3 of the teams in the NFL.

and yes that includes the Cowpukes and G'ints...

No college team can beat a pro teams second string players. The game is much faster in the NFL.

Archived