Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

after 3 2/3 quarters..

dinzelwashington

Did you like the manner in which we beat the Cowboys?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the manner in which we beat the Cowboys?

• Yes, I was glad to see comeback the way we did
    • No, I would have loved to have scene a blow out

Christ on a pogo stick.

When will you folks understand that no, we didn't put in Patrick Ramsey in Monday's Game. We won. Therefore, we had to have had some sort of winning formula (however delayed). So gee, I don't know, that makes me sort of GLAD they didn't put Ramsey in.

Brunell = :point2sky :point2sky

Ramsey = Who knows, who cares.

So to all of you whiners that want to get this off their chest, do it in the 6 million other threads dedicated to the topic. Don't be the one to start the six-million and first independent topic. In fact...

stoppit.gif

My only thoughts are see how Brunell gels with the receivers over the bye. He is obviously not the Brunell of last year (perhaps he really was injured). It takes time to develop a relationship with receivers. It is not just cut and dry. From what I have seen so far, Brunell is the QB that won't lose the game for you and can win it for you if needed. My jury is still out on the new new Brunell, but I am willing to give him a shot for a while.

I was thinking we should have put ramsey in long before that point. Obviously brunell pulled it out, but there was no reason for a rational human being to expect him to pull it out. I don't care what all the blind faithful say, we did get lucky. But, i'll take luck over skill any day. I was also thinking, if we go scoreless, there's no way gibbs can start brunell after the bye. Obviously this is a moot issue, but thats what I was thinking.

during monday night, watching brunell suck ass during for the first 3 and 2/3 quarters, did it cross anyones mind, put in ramsey??

Of course....Thats why there wasnt hardly any Brunnell supporters on the board Monday night. He pretty much played as expected except for two good plays.

why is it that redskins fans think they have a winner in either of these two? they don't. at best either one could win a few and lose most. as far as hopes for this year goes? it will be nothing short of what happened last monday night for that to happen. gibbs was called in to rebuild a loser team....what in gods green earth are the fans thinking to believe he can do that in two years? my god.....and some even had high hopes for last year??????? good grief people.....he knows pr AND captain boonell isn't the answer....to be quite frank? our o line sucks....in both passing and running game....that's not going to improve that much this season....and if this team can manage an 8/8 season consider it better then last year. your expectations for some kind of a god to have taken over the controls is a bit over the top. gibbs is doing the best he can with the talent pool he has....but your talk of playoff hopes for this season is also wayyyyyy over the top. i think that jason could be gibbs weapon of choice for next season and may see some play even this season depending on the w/l come the middle of the season....but in the off season? we need some desperate help on the o line and a talent at de....before we ever even think that we can compete with the best of the best.....i kid you not.

To this negative article, i ask you, are you a redskins fan? Dallas put up what, 28 points against San Diego and managed only 13 against OUR Redskins. Yea, every body knows our offense is struggling, but with a bye at this time in the season, when Brunell will have a chance to get in sync with the recievers, you honestly believe our team doesn't have a chance. Im not preaching super bowl, but i do believe a wild card is in our grasp.

it would be a nice wish........but a wish none the less.....and to answer your question? not a dallas fan.....redskins all my life.....38 years of it anyway......and we are weak as hell on our o line.......we can't break out portise.....and we can't throw the ball.....we suck....and you know it.....our only hope is our d.....and if it was all that damn good? where was it last monday night? pressure? ya....maybe.....but i'm not even sure on that one.....how many hurried throws did you see? how many sacks? and just what the hell did we do? other then the last 4 min's of the game we were totally dominated.....totally! it was a good win.....could we do that again? is it repeatable? hell no....till it is? we need help....more help then the o line is giving us at presant and more pass rush on d......plain and simple

Did you not realize from watching the game that for the first quarter our D held their supposedly great running back to under 20 yards, therefore their offense adjusted and began passing the ball on almost every play, therefore, our D dropped into coverage to cover the passing game and other than one trick play held them to merely 2 field goals. And yes, our O-line is suffering. But, can you name me one coach you would rather have to turn that around.

no....i love gibbs....i have 100% of my redskins faith in him.....but not to the point of thinking he's gonna work some damn kinda works of wonder with a team thats been on a downhill slid since his departure either.......i think in due time....he will get another super bowl....we will get another super bowl....maybe even a few of them.....but not until we learn and can seperate ......right now.....at presant...we win.....especially our first 2.....with luck. excuse me if i have stepped on your toes here young fellow.....but the way i see it....i'd rather win because we are good.......not because of dumb luck.

Absolutely. Brunell looked like 8 games of last year, and I for one, was cursing him, and contemplating the fact that Ramsey at least would throw the ball down field and get a few 20-30 yarders. The fact that Moss was beating the safety all night, just one or two of those passes and we are up in the game quickly. None of these last minute hail mary's.

And of course I am wondering if those two passes by Burnell were simply luck, since for 8 games and 3 and 3/4 of game 9 he looked frightening.

But with that Dallas win he has the starting job for at least 8 more games. So stay tuned folks.

Sean

I think that we saw in that 4th quarter Monday night what Gibbs saw in him, and why he kept him in for so long last year, and put him in so early this year. A preview of things to come, I can only hope. I'm not in the habit of making bold statements or predictions, so I'm only left with optimism, and a VERY limited amount of patience.

Bye week sucks.

Put it like this, if it had been anyones decision on Monday night besides Gibbs....Brunnell would have been pulled out of the game. Gibbs had to stick with him on Monday Night as to not start another week of controversy, but I know down deep he was thinking......I have no quaterback that can produce.

Archived