Extremeskins

Why Brunell is awesome...

D'Pablo

-He led an expansion team to an AFC championship team in its second year

-He donates a lot of time and money to charities

-He is mobile despite being 35 years old

-He is still accurate with his fade and go routes

-He rarely commits turnovers that are entirely his fault

-Has ridiculous pocket presence (maybe the best I've ever seen from Skins QBs)

-He has a lot of playoff experience

-He learned under the great Brett Favre

-He is very humble and won't complain if injured or benched, and takes blame without using the term "we" as opposed to "I".

I'm not sure where this rarely commits turnovers thing comes from.....last year and this year at least one int in every game except one I think and a fumble in most games....That's almost as bad as Ramsey...

Seriously.....when did it matter that "rarely commits turnovers when it is HIS fault"?? Ramsey gets his head taken off against Chicago but it's still a fumble....Brunell may be an Awesome person..No one is accusing him of being a prick, but the guy is not a good QB anymore...We aren't denying that at one point in his career he was a pro bowler...Now, he only belongs on the sidelines...If Ramsey is not the answer, it must be Campbell.

-He led an expansion team to an AFC championship team in its second year

-He donates a lot of time and money to charities

-He is mobile despite being 35 years old

-He is still accurate with his fade and go routes

-He rarely commits turnovers that are entirely his fault

-Has ridiculous pocket presence (maybe the best I've ever seen from Skins QBs)

-He has a lot of playoff experience

-He learned under the great Brett Favre

-He is very humble and won't complain if injured or benched' date=' and takes blame without using the term "we" as opposed to "I".[/quote']

What a difference 3 minutes and two perfect passes makes! :doh: :(

Here we go again...another variation on the same theme. I agree with anyone who says that Brunell has a lot more to prove before we decide he is NOT washed up.

Accurate throws? You mean his last two or three passes of the game against Dallas? Ok. That is very true. But he has NO history of perseverance, consistency, accuracy or anything markedly remote to be considered an "awesome QB." In fact I found his turnovers last year, and his INT in Dallas similiar to Ramsey type turnovers. And we all know the "choke collar" Pat was on in game 1 against the Bears.

Brunell muddled through the Chicago game and muddled through 3.5 quarters of the Dallas game.

This is just becoming a new concept: Brunell as a decent QB that might help the Skins win a number of games. But it far from a reality yet.

Yea your right....I have never seen such crisp passing like that...boy we just marched down that field....The O looked like a machine..never did the O stutter once Monday night..I did hear that we looked so good against the boys that we aren't going to practice this first week and Brunell is resting that Golden Arm for the whole two weeks....no worries mate...

Apparently you only watched the last 4 minutes of the Dallas game. No one who watched the entire game could possibly say he is "Awesome". He made 2-3 good plays that helped us win. Actually, I'd say we were lucky to win, really. Great Defense at the end. I fully expect Ramsey to be back in and starting in 2 weeks. I will be shocked if he's not.

Apparently you only watched the last 4 minutes of the Dallas game. No one who watched the entire game could possibly say he is "Awesome". He made 2-3 good plays that helped us win. Actually, I'd say we were lucky to win, really. Great Defense at the end. I fully expect Ramsey to be back in and starting in 2 weeks. I will be shocked if he's not.

I of course was being sarcastic...

on a serious note...I would love to see PR back in there....but lets not forget that we watched 8 of the worst QB'ed games in the history of football last year.....and all we got out of Gibbs is "he was courageous"

I am very sceptical that we well ever see Ramsey under center again for the skins unless Brunell gets hurt over the next 6 games....If he Brunell gets hurt after the 8th game and we are in playoff contention...you will see PR...if it is after the 8th game and we out of the race....it's JC...

Frankly, Brunell could show up drunk for practices and meetings and run a gambling ring on the side as long as he got the job done in games and didn't interfere with his teammates doing their jobs. I would nevertheless be a fan.

The charity stuff is nice, but lots of people earning that much money make significant charitable contributions, including I suspect Dan Snyder, but I would not want them as Redskins QB.

I of course was being sarcastic...

on a serious note...I would love to see PR back in there....but lets not forget that we watched 8 of the worst QB'ed games in the history of football last year.....and all we got out of Gibbs is "he was courageous"

I am very sceptical that we well ever see Ramsey under center again for the skins unless Brunell gets hurt over the next 6 games....If he Brunell gets hurt after the 8th game and we are in playoff contention...you will see PR...if it is after the 8th game and we out of the race....it's JC...

I knew you were being sarcastic......I was really just commenting to the person who started the thread.......I should have replied to them. I agree with your assessment of the season and QB situation.

Don't be too sceptical Sweet Daddy! I don't think Brunnell can play 6-8 games in a row without an injury. Patrick will get another shot........let's hope he's ready for it when he does. Maybe he will be able to relax now and just play football instead of looking over his shoulder, wondering when he's going to get the hook. I really think he knew Gibbs had him on a short leash and IMHO, it effected his play.

Archived