Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Brunell is awesome...

D'Pablo

I'm not sure if anyone cares to note, but confidence is built with wins. Currently, Brunnel is rated higher(QB rating) then either Manning, Brady, McNair, T. Green, etc...

This is early in the season, he's learning his chemistry with these receivers, and considering Monday night, I like that we're 2-0 and able to learn, over 1-1, or 0-2.

Give him some time before he has a QB rating of over 100, or whatever. If he'd thrown one bomb per half, would that make people happier? I have no idea why people are so enambered with Ramsey. He's got a rocket of an arm. He is tough, but that is a result of holding the ball too long, and a somewhat weak pocket pressence.

Do I wish Ramsey could have succeed, was the QB? Yes, and don't care. I feel bad he got benched, honestly that was crappy. But its over, when will people move on? More people have moved on from the Cowboys victory then the benching of Ramsey. As a fan, I'm an optimist, until we're out of the playoffs or in them, I'm optimistic during each game. And when we're out of the playoffs, I still watch. They could go 2-14 this year and I'd still watch. I curse when things are bad, and I jump for joy when things are good. But holding onto the benching of Ramsey when we're 2-0, with the 10th ranked offense(yardage wise), Portis in the backfield and an emerging receiver in Moss? That's just not needed. Find the good, dwell on that for a bit. If we go 2-6, then lets talk about Ramsey...

I am very sceptical that we well ever see Ramsey under center again for the skins unless Brunell gets hurt over the next 6 games....If he Brunell gets hurt after the 8th game and we are in playoff contention...you will see PR...if it is after the 8th game and we out of the race....it's JC...

Don't be too sceptical Sweet Daddy! I don't think Brunnell can play 6-8 games in a row without an injury. Patrick will get another shot........let's hope he's ready for it when he does. Maybe he will be able to relax now and just play football instead of looking over his shoulder, wondering when he's going to get the hook. I really think he knew Gibbs had him on a short leash and IMHO, it effected his play.

Well I don't know if he felt the short leash or not...I tend to think he told himself internally that Gibbs is a man of his word as he professes and if he gave Brunell 8 Games last year then I think he felt he had a chance....

- He has cool, 70's sideburns

Seriously, out of all our QBs, Brunell definately has the coolest hair. Ok, on to the point of this thread. I honestly thought people could rally behind Brunell and show him some love. The guy didn't bench Ramsey. If anything, Ramsey benched himself (Rule #1 of Redskins Club: Never blame Gibbs). Brunell has played great in the past and I'm sure with at least our own fans behind him (lord knows the local and national media aren't), he could do better. After two AFC championship games, I'm sure he wants a Redskins superbowl victory more than any of us.

Seriously.....when did it matter that "rarely commits turnovers when it is HIS fault"?? Ramsey gets his head taken off against Chicago but it's still a fumble....Brunell may be an Awesome person..No one is accusing him of being a prick, but the guy is not a good QB anymore...We aren't denying that at one point in his career he was a pro bowler...Now, he only belongs on the sidelines...If Ramsey is not the answer, it must be Campbell.

Then it must be Campbell.

Yea your right....I have never seen such crisp passing like that...boy we just marched down that field....The O looked like a machine..never did the O stutter once Monday night..I did hear that we looked so good against the boys that we aren't going to practice this first week and Brunell is resting that Golden Arm for the whole two weeks....no worries mate...

Wait, was that sarcasm?

Apparently you only watched the last 4 minutes of the Dallas game. No one who watched the entire game could possibly say he is "Awesome". He made 2-3 good plays that helped us win. Actually, I'd say we were lucky to win, really. Great Defense at the end. I fully expect Ramsey to be back in and starting in 2 weeks. I will be shocked if he's not.

Prepare to be shocked.

OMG Brunell is so much better than washed up has been Brett Farve. Don't even mention the two in the same sentence. Brunell is the best of all time! We are going to the Super Bowl and Brunell is going to the Pro Bowl this year!

:point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky

Yeah, this guy is the best QB that the Redskins have ever had. I have never seen a QB put away a defense like that. I think they are coming this week, during the bye week, to get a bust of him for the Hall of Fame. This guy is really something. :jerk:

He played well for five minutes. Look, I am VERY happy we won, but please don't start this Brunell is the best crap. He looked like the same Brunell of last season until those two bombs.

I couldn't be happier we won, but lets not lose prospective on him. He is a smart, efficient, system QB now.

I still worry that he will stumble and prove to all of us that last season DID NOT have everything to do with injury.

But until then, I am a Brunell fan only because I am a Redskins fan. I can't wait to let Campbell take the team over (not this season!) because I am so tired of the QB dibacle we have had for the past ten seasons!

But for this season, GO BRUNELL! Go Redskins! :cheers:

Seriously.....when did it matter that "rarely commits turnovers when it is HIS fault"?? Ramsey gets his head taken off against Chicago but it's still a fumble....Brunell may be an Awesome person..No one is accusing him of being a prick, but the guy is not a good QB anymore...We aren't denying that at one point in his career he was a pro bowler...Now, he only belongs on the sidelines...If Ramsey is not the answer, it must be Campbell.

As a fan of your opponent next week, I really wish Ramsey or Campbell would be your QB. Unfortunately for me, I believe your coaches have more sense than that.

The sad part is that it is TRUE!!! Not a laughing matter for most fans.

In 9/10ths starts and 56/60 minutes you are absolutely correct.

Now if we can make those last 4 minutes a little more commonplace we might be getting somewhere but as of now he has been good in about .5% of his time as a Redskin so I'm not going out on a limb and expecting the coin to stand on its side again like it did twice against the Cowboys in the 4th.

Awesome is a bit strong. Capable is closer, but may be a bit weak.

I like his situational stats, although they don't mean much so early in the season.

- his QB rating tends to be better if he throws it longer

- his QB rating is dramatically better in the 2nd half

- his QB rating increases step by step as each quarter advances to the next

Most of these stats seem to hold up if you check prior years. For example, his QB rating is above 100 even LAST year, if you look at passes over 30 yards, passes in the 4th quarter, and passes in the final two minutes. He seems to be his best when under pressure.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1032/splits/2005

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1032/splits/2004

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1032/splits/2003

He certainly has the upper hand in leadership and "intangibles." He absolutely refuses to quit, as does his teammates. The win in Dallas was not luck as many would like to believe. It was simply a victory by a team who refused to give up. All comments to the contrary are biased.

-He led an expansion team to an AFC championship team in its second year

-Has ridiculous pocket presence (maybe the best I've ever seen from Skins QBs)

QUOTE]

everything else is coo but his Pocket presence is not very good at all, he takes too many damn 7 step drops OMG pisses me off, he needs to get in that pocket better, like he did at the very end of the dallas game.

What a difference 3 minutes and two perfect passes makes! :doh: :(
Hate to agree with a blue star bozo, but "yup".

We would have seen anything but this post a week ago.

I'm definitely encouraged by what happened on MNF because I wasn't even sure he was physically capable of making those passes anymore. But let's see how this plays out before we annoint him a stud for us.

i hated him untill i knew he had a hamstring injury last year then it made since

hes a 4 time probowler we know what he can do

and he wants nothing else then to win a superbowl brunell had a great career

the way hes playing hes the 3rd best qb in nfc right now *did anyone say probowl*

I would like to agree, but I can't. Anyone who missed the first PAINFUL, oh so painful 3.5 quarters would think he played better than Peyton right now. He was simply horrible the first 3.5 quarters, Gibbs was not looking so smart. Then he did shine after that. Let's hope he continues playing this way, but I am playing the wait and see approach rather than calling him our savior just yet.

Archived