Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poor Smoot. We are 2-0 and they are 0-2

sumodat

He had good heart, playing with broken shoulders and what not. I do not have any feelings for him... I am sure he felt something good brewing in Washington, but decided to go for the $. In the end, that's the difference between Gibbs' guys and everyone else. Washington is not a place to "come get paid" anymore. It's a place where the team is above all else. It is still business, but everybody has to make sacrifices. Leaving for more money if you're playing for a 9 to 5 Spurrier is one thing, leaving from a Gibbs' team is another.

Walt Harris is doing an excellant job...he didn't even hardly get caught on...he made some good tackles. He has been showing good coverage...this guy can play. The reason why no one has been mentioning smoot is because this guy has been stepping it up to show that he can be consistent starter in this league...and maybe even a good starter.

Washington = $10 million bonus.

Minnesota = $11 million bonus.

That's how Smooty makes his decisions. All short-term thinking.

No consideration of the coach, the organization's resources or the coordinator that helped make his career last season in Gregg Williams :)

Smoot was the #2 corner on the Redskins last year.

Smoot who?

Seriously though....i feel nothing toward Smoot....he is not in a Burgundy & Gold uniform so Im not rooting for him.....Im not avidly rooting against him but if people look back at the end of the year and say that Smoot was a FA bust...I will definitly smile.

I want this organization to look SMART for letting him go...I want to get the satisfaction that the decision made was the correct one (and he wasnt worth what he wanted)....Smoot having a bad year would definitly justify that...but its only week 2 - still a lot of football left.

Pretty much how I feel as well. He did get burned by Chad Johnson, although everyone does these days. I always loathed his ability(lack there of) to wrap up the QB on a blitz.

Archived