Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poor Smoot. We are 2-0 and they are 0-2

sumodat

Even though it was his choice, so he deserves it, I feel bad for him. He is a good player and a great guy, but he can't get away from losing in the NFL.

Should have stayed here Smooty.

Funny, I was just about to post about Smoot. So quickly it seems that he has been forgotten around here...a hell of alot faster than Champ was forgotten about!

I hate threads like this.

Both sides made mistakes in the Smoot situation.

He should have been extended before the season ended last year......(our fault). He shouldn't have left (his fault).

But, he must still have a pretty good rep in this organization if they give a Smoot award out.

So, lay off the guy. A lot of us wish he was still here.

Even though it was his choice, so he deserves it, I feel bad for him. He is a good player and a great guy, but he can't get away from losing in the NFL.

Should have stayed here Smooty.

Maybe Smoot is bad luck. So with him leaving we'll be better at the expense of the Vikes being bad..

I'll take that trade =)

I agree especially since we are just in week 2. So many more games to play.

I hate threads like this.

Both sides made mistakes in the Smoot situation.

He should have been extended before the season ended last year......(our fault). He shouldn't have left (his fault).

But, he must still have a pretty good rep in this organization if they give a Smoot award out.

So, lay off the guy. A lot of us wish he was still here.

Smoot who?

Seriously though....i feel nothing toward Smoot....he is not in a Burgundy & Gold uniform so Im not rooting for him.....Im not avidly rooting against him but if people look back at the end of the year and say that Smoot was a FA bust...I will definitly smile.

I want this organization to look SMART for letting him go...I want to get the satisfaction that the decision made was the correct one (and he wasnt worth what he wanted)....Smoot having a bad year would definitly justify that...but its only week 2 - still a lot of football left.

Tough call for me...I really liked Smoot when he was here. But do I feel bad for him? Not really.

I mean, it's Minnesota. He'll spend that extra cash on coats and firewood, play on turf in a big Glad bag of a dome, and watch people rollerblade around Lake Calhoun for fun in his off time. If you choose to go there, god bless and good luck.

IMHO, the Idea Of Smoot always seemed to be better than Smoot was. It's like the pretty girl who you admire a long time from across the room, but when you get to know her she's nothing special.

Smoot's quotable, a likeable teammate, and a hard worker. He's also a good but not great CB. He wanted to go elsewhere, supposedly to a "winner" but notably to a team that was willing to pay him more. His choice. We've moved on.

There's nothing "poor" about him.

P.S. - Do you have as much confidence that Smoot would have made the 4th down tackle that Walt Harris made on Monday? I don't.

Smoot who?

Seriously though....i feel nothing toward Smoot....he is not in a Burgundy & Gold uniform so Im not rooting for him......

I totally agree... the grass looked a little greener and now he might regret his decision. I personally believe that Walt Harris and Carlos Rogers make this team better anyways. Smoot received top CB pay for a #2 corner.

Smoot was a great player and a team leader. He is missed but it was his choice. Don't worry about the Vikings. Still a long way to go before this season is over and 8 wins might get you in the Playoffs.

And I actually miss Champ more. He's having a great year so far. Basically won the game for Denver with that interception return for a TD.

And I actually miss Champ more. He's having a great year so far. Basically won the game for Denver with that interception return for a TD.

That was the type of play that he just didn't make here. That's what he is paid to do. And he did it well on Sunday.

But, let's be honest here. The Chargers just completely flubbed that play up. Any # of DBs make that play when they're in coverage. When the QB telegraphs a quick hitch and the WR runs a different pattern, it's easy pickings for the TD.

As far as Smoot goes, redman got it right. He was solid and was an easy guy to root for, but not spectacular. An above-average CB, but not a guy that makes or breaks your defense.

Did anyone see the guys on NFL Tonight rip on Smoot the other night? It was their "What were they thinking" segment. They showed Smoot hugging Chad Johnson before the game when they were in warmups. Then they showed Johnson burning Smoot. It was pretty funny.

I liked Smoot. He's a good player, but not great. When it comes to tackling we are waaay better off now.

Archived