Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How is it the Brunell haters are out today?!

JimmiJo

It boggles the mind that after watching THE COMEBACK of the decade, one that will be remembered and mentioned for years, you PR-homers/Brunell-haters are still at it.

We won, IN DALLAS

We have won two in a row for the first time in two years.

We won on two (no, not one), count them, two BOMBS.

We converted 3-4th downs

WE BEAT THE FRIGGIN' COWBOYS!!!

So, here's my poll, enjoy it with a nice hot cup of STFU.

It boggles the mind that after watching THE COMEBACK of the decade, one that will remembered and mentioned for years, you PR-homers/Brunell-haters are still at it.

We won, IN DALLAS

We converted 3-4th downs

:applause:

:cheers:

Yawn

I've only seen 45 of these threads today.

Is that all? ;)

Did Brunell have two great throws at the end of the game? He sure did. Did I see him toss the ball into the dirt on multiple occasions? I sure did. Did I see him underthrow what should have been a touchdown and was instead almost intercepted? Yes I did.

We won. I'm happy. Brunell is not our savior.

Is that all? ;)

Did Brunell have two great throws at the end of the game? He sure did. Did I see him toss the ball into the dirt on multiple occasions? I sure did. Did I see him underthrow what should have been a touchdown and was instead almost intercepted? Yes I did.

He was last night, huh? And what of the other throws? The 4th-down converts? And what of the super-money 25 yard scramble?

Could P-Man do that? Maybe - but he didn't

It was our 35-year old veteran that a host of haters swore could never bring us success.

It boggles the mind that after watching THE COMEBACK of the decade, one that will be remembered and mentioned for years, you PR-homers/Brunell-haters are still at it.

We won, IN DALLAS

We converted 3-4th downs

:cheers: :notworthy: :applause:

Maybe you should STFU.

Unless you watched a different game than I did, I saw brunell:

throw an INT

Take 5 Sacks

Over and UNDER throw multiple recievers, multiple times.

Had brunell been the QB you guys act like he was, we would have won that game 28-7.

So like I said, do us a favor and STFU.

Is that all? ;)

Hmm, to just think back only one week ago we had a QB take his first 4 drives...and he created 0 points, and had 1 Int. 2 fumbles.. Damn if thats not the perfect guy!

Whats perfect? You show me somthing perfect and i'll show you somthing thats not! Sorry had to pull a Seabiscuit verse! :cheers:

Who needs perfect, if can you toss the ball like that to win the game @ Dallas and see the crowd take that painfull loss!! :notworthy

Although i'll tell ya if we have anymore nail biters like that my heart may just POP!!! :point2sky

Skinster

Skin 4 Life!!!

Maybe you should STFU.

Take 5 Sacks

You know what? Sometimes taking the sack is the right thing to do. When the pocket is breaking down and there is nowhere to go with the ball. Even the sack that knocked us out of field goal range. Brunell looked up and had defenders in his face, he had now way to safely get rid of the ball, so he covered up and took the sack. We keep position, punt and pin 'em deep. The pass protection was not good last night. But Brunell played smart, made few mistakes and then WON THE GAME FOR US. Somehow you'd think WINNING the game with great plays would count for a little, but I guess not.

The problem with all of the banter on this thread is the lack deliberative analysis. Yes Brunell won the game with some wonderful throws, but he also played terribly, along with the rest of the O, for the first 56 minutes. Ramsey might not have been able to pull the game out, but we can't get all over Brunell's jock until we see consistency.

Consistency= Playoffs

A big win against Dallas has made my month, but the playoffs would make my year.

:dallasuck

You know what? Sometimes taking the sack is the right thing to do. When the pocket is breaking down and there is nowhere to go with the ball. Even the sack that knocked us out of field goal range. Brunell looked up and had defenders in his face, he had now way to safely get rid of the ball, so he covered up and took the sack. We keep position, punt and pin 'em deep. The pass protection was not good last night. But Brunell played smart, made few mistakes and then WON THE GAME FOR US. Somehow you'd think WINNING the game with great plays would count for a little, but I guess not.

Sure, great.

All I know is there were 5 chances to score either a TD or a FG, and brunell only allowed us to do it twice. Thats only 40%.

Now, I will be fair here and say that Ramsey probably wouldn't have hit the second TD pass to Moss, cause that was a pure touch pass, but the first one was underthrown by brunell and off target.

The first chance for Moss was severely underthrown, and nearly picked off.

And the underthrow/off target one to Patten would have been gold from Ramsey.

He was last night, huh? And what of the other throws? The 4th-down converts? And what of the super-money 25 yard scramble?

Could P-Man do that? Maybe - but he didn't

It was our 35-year old veteran that a host of haters swore could never bring us success.

And yet he posted better numbers then Drew

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20050919_WAS@DAL

Odd. Parcell, one of the best coaches ever has Drew. He also won with a washed up Testi.

Gibb, who is in the Hall, would rather play Brunell. Who as some of us saw in the preseason, can lead the team and can make the throw.

But yet, you are smarter then both of them and agrue with those of use that arent to immature to put last year behind and see what he has done his whole career minus 1.5 years ( INJURIED )

ahhh, yeah.

What's amazing is MB can't get a friggin break to save his life. Despite the fact that Ramsey had most of the snaps with the 1st string offense during camp and preseason, some of you blithering idiots continue to cut the guy no slack. Give him a friggin break...give him some friggin time with the offense...he's led us to 2 and friggin 0. Get a friggin life and enjoy this!

Maybe you should STFU.

Unless you watched a different game than I did, I saw brunell:

throw an INT

Take 5 Sacks

Over and UNDER throw multiple recievers, multiple times.

Had brunell been the QB you guys act like he was, we would have won that game 28-7.

So like I said, do us a favor and STFU.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20050911_DAL@SD

How many sacks did Dallas have against Drew Brees the week before ?

answer. 4

How many INTs 2

Completion %50

How many games has Brunell started against starting Ds this year ? 1

How many games has be started with his starting WRs 1

So you take maybe the best QB in the league last years and put his stats against Brunells who has started 1 game and I'd say, maybe Dallas has an awesome defense and Brunell did pretty dame well and help us win.

Better the D Brees did against them the week before and he is playing in and offense that is established with LT, maybe the best RB in the league and with WRs he knows well.

So, one more time STFU.

And yet he posted better numbers then Drew

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20050919_WAS@DAL

Odd. Parcell, one of the best coaches ever has Drew. He also won with a washed up Testi.

Gibb, who is in the Hall, would rather play Brunell. Who as some of us saw in the preseason, can lead the team and can make the throw.

But yet, you are smarter then both of them and agrue with those of use that arent to immature to put last year behind and see what he has done his whole career minus 1.5 years ( INJURIED )

ahhh, yeah.

Yikes...It's difficult to be a weiner with a washed-up testi :twitch:

im still here! and by the way Brunell still stunk! winning in Dallas was Great! but it doesnt change the facts. fact is MB at QB hurts this team, thinking otherwise is ignorant at best. unless you only watched 4 minutes of the game. as for the MB supporter (I will refer to them as jocks) if your think him at QB is good for the future of this team, your stuck in 1990 with JG! He's terrible, and if the ratio continues he will be effective for a wopping total 70 minutes all season, good luck stacking your hopes to that! MB sucked last nite, get used to it, it will happen all year

What team in the NFL wouldn't want a clutch 4 quater QB? If he plays like crap all game long, and pulls out a victory in the 4th quater every week than how can you not be happy? A win is a win.

you couldnt give MB away to any team right now! they wouldnt take him! he sucks! how can I not be happy? i saw what MB did last year, and its the same this year! the win against dallas was great but in the grand scheme of things it will do more harm than good. MB will suck like he did last year and like he did against Chicago and the first 3 1/2 quarters of the dallas. Playing any other QB would be a better move for the long term development of this team than letting MB play. buy playing PR or even JC atleast we will be building on the future, but right now with MB under center, this season is over, and probably worse than last year! he cant move the ball, has no arm, completes zero mid-range passes, he is awful! and frankly he made all the same mistakes PR makes (overthown balls, underthrown balls, INT's even a fumble) he also land 2 deep passes which PR is also known to do, so frankly playing PR makes more sense, atleast he can get better were as MB will only continue to get worse! if you dont like PR then play JC, but this is a lost season with MB under center. we maybe 2-0 but have been outscored by 27 other teams already, this offense sucks with MB at QB!

What team in the NFL wouldn't want a clutch 4 quater QB? If he plays like crap all game long, and pulls out a victory in the 4th quater every week than how can you not be happy? A win is a win.

Sure, it's nice to have a guy that doesn't crack under pressure when the chips are down, and we surely have that in Brunell. Think about what your saying here. You want to play from behind every week? I sure as hell dont.

Brunell has proven many of us wrong in that he can get the ball down field farther then 20 yards. He hit on 2 out of 5, and I can live with that for a few early season games. His timing will get better with the other recievers as the weeks pass. It has too, and I think it will.

What bothers me is that we only played well when our back was against the wall. Mark really didn't do any better then Ramsey in more then three quaters. Do I want a QB change...................

NO, That would be the worst thing for this team, but Mark has to step it up throughout the entire game and get it down field on a consistant bassis. If not, Portis will have a very long season.

What's amazing is MB can't get a friggin break to save his life. Despite the fact that Ramsey had most of the snaps with the 1st string offense during camp and preseason, some of you blithering idiots continue to cut the guy no slack. Give him a friggin break...give him some friggin time with the offense...he's led us to 2 and friggin 0. Get a friggin life and enjoy this!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Archived