Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How is it the Brunell haters are out today?!

JimmiJo

What bothers me is that we only played well when our back was against the wall. Mark really didn't do any better then Ramsey in more then three quaters. Do I want a QB change...................

NO, That would be the worst thing for this team, but Mark has to step it up throughout the entire game and get it down field on a consistant bassis. If not, Portis will have a very long season.

I disagree. We were looking at a serious controversy(among fans at least) before those passes. because up until that point it looked EXACTLY like last year and he made all the same mistakes Patrick is accused of and some that are specific to Mark.

If he continues to do the same against Seattle he shouldn't start the next week, because we'll be tossing in the towel on the season when we, allegedly, arent.

Now, if he DOES start stepping into his throws and hitting passes over the middle and we resemble a multifaceted passing offense, then he should stay in.

I'm not a "hater" of either QB and am in fact a supporter of Ramsey, but disappointed that he looked the way he has all pre-season. Like it or not, from January to August he actually regressed.

What I don't get is, as someone else mentioned, if Ramsey didn't get all the 1st string snaps all pre-season and came in game and started game 2 and we lost, eveyone would be saying it's not fair to judge him, because he didn't get the same practice time. Yet when Brunell is in the same situation and wins, he still is hated.

Brunell may not be a great QB, but he is certainly capable. Unfortunately Ramsey is not capable right now. Maybe soon he will be, but right now he's not.

A lot of people here don't like Brunell because of all that went wrong last year. - I didn't understand Gibbs' decision at first to bench Ramsey, but after thinking about it rationally I understand it. And even though I'm a Ramsey fan/supporter, I got to think that had Patrick started that game, the first 3 quarters would have been expotentially worse than it was with Brunell in there.

Mark has composure. Patrick has never shown composure, much less to ability to get out of the way when someone is rushing him and so far in pre-season is as inaccurate, if not more so than Brunell.

I do hope that in the coming weeks Mark will get better timing down with the starting receivers (notice the bulk of his completions came from Thrash and Royal - both back-ups) and I also really really hope that the 2 TD drives will alert the coaching staff to throw more of that all through-out the games so we can spread out defenses and do a little of everything.

Even if you like Ramsey, it's ok to like Brunell too - they're both Redskins.

...and remember, Brunell did something that Jeff Hostetler, Trent Green, Brad Johnson, Jeff George, Tony Banks, Shane Matthews, Danny Wuerful and Patrick Ramsey have ALL been unable to do, and that's win in Dallas.:logo:

I'm not a "hater" of either QB and am in fact a supporter of Ramsey, but disappointed that he looked the way he has all pre-season. Like it or not, from January to August he actually regressed.

What I don't get is, as someone else mentioned, if Ramsey didn't get all the 1st string snaps all pre-season and came in game and started game 2 and we lost, eveyone would be saying it's not fair to judge him, because he didn't get the same practice time. Yet when Brunell is in the same situation and wins, he still is hated.

Brunell may not be a great QB, but he is certainly capable. Unfortunately Ramsey is not capable right now. Maybe soon he will be, but right now he's not.

A lot of people here don't like Brunell because of all that went wrong last year. - I didn't understand Gibbs' decision at first to bench Ramsey, but after thinking about it rationally I understand it. And even though I'm a Ramsey fan/supporter, I got to think that had Patrick started that game, the first 3 quarters would have been expotentially worse than it was with Brunell in there.

Mark has composure. Patrick has never shown composure, much less to ability to get out of the way when someone is rushing him and so far in pre-season is as inaccurate, if not more so than Brunell.

I do hope that in the coming weeks Mark will get better timing down with the starting receivers (notice the bulk of his completions came from Thrash and Royal - both back-ups) and I also really really hope that the 2 TD drives will alert the coaching staff to throw more of that all through-out the games so we can spread out defenses and do a little of everything.

Even if you like Ramsey, it's ok to like Brunell too - they're both Redskins.

...and remember, Brunell did something that Jeff Hostetler, Trent Green, Brad Johnson, Jeff George, Tony Banks, Shane Matthews, Danny Wuerful and Patrick Ramsey have ALL been unable to do, and that's win in Dallas.:logo:

Well said, well said.

Ok haters, here is Brunell's power rankings from NFL.com for the season. He is ranked 14th overall and ahead of other terrible QBs such as Tom Brady, Steve McNair, Mark Bulger, Trent Green, et al

Player Team G Att Att/G Cmp Pct Yds Yds/G Lng TDs Int Sck SckY Rate

Mark Brunell WAS 2 48 24.0 28 58.3 361 180.5 70 2 1 6 57 87.2

I disagree. We were looking at a serious controversy(among fans at least) before those passes. because up until that point it looked EXACTLY like last year and he made all the same mistakes Patrick is accused of and some that are specific to Mark.

If he continues to do the same against Seattle he shouldn't start the next week, because we'll be tossing in the towel on the season when we, allegedly, arent.

Now, if he DOES start stepping into his throws and hitting passes over the middle and we resemble a multifaceted passing offense, then he should stay in.

I feel the same way. If game 3's first 2-3 QTRs play out like this last game did and Brunell can't get any points on the board then Ramsey should be in there. It's not like he turned the ball over 3-4 times a game last year and teams were scoring 28 points on us because of his mistakes.

The fact is that our defense is good and with Ramsey in there we will score points and win games due to having a better overall offense. Of course if Gibbs finds a way to make what happened at the end of the Dallas game happen earlier in games more often then stay with Brunell. I don't really care but that offense has been pathetic except for a few plays used in desperation in a game we would lose 19 out of 20 times.

Ok haters, here is Brunell's power rankings from NFL.com for the season. He is ranked 14th overall and ahead of other terrible QBs such as Tom Brady, Steve McNair, Mark Bulger, Trent Green, et al

Player Team G Att Att/G Cmp Pct Yds Yds/G Lng TDs Int Sck SckY Rate

Mark Brunell WAS 2 48 24.0 28 58.3 361 180.5 70 2 1 6 57 87.2

BTW - the 'Skins are ranked 10th overall in total offense...

Maybe you should STFU.

Unless you watched a different game than I did, I saw brunell:

throw an INT

Take 5 Sacks

Over and UNDER throw multiple recievers, multiple times.

Had brunell been the QB you guys act like he was, we would have won that game 28-7.

So like I said, do us a favor and STFU.

yea all that and the cowboys STILL couldnt beat us .... we are 2-0 going into the bye after a gretawin over dallas IN dallas , the glass is also half full >< stop hating and enjoy it for a little bit or you will become a bitter fan that noone likes

Maybe you should STFU.

throw an INT

Take 5 Sacks

Had brunell been the QB you guys act like he was, we would have won that game 28-7.

So like I said, do us a favor and STFU.

So now, we are no good unless we BLOW OUT our opponents. Have you EVER followed a team through an NFL season?

Loser. :doh:

Maybe you should STFU.

throw an INT

Yes, those do happen. I've seen Ramsey throw plenty himself, though.

Take 5 Sacks

Disappointing? Sure! Could some of them have been avoided? Possibly. Bottom line, though...he had poor pass protection for most of the night, and was doing the best that he could. Sometimes he didn't have someone down-field to throw to, and it looked to me like the pocket collapsed pretty quickly. In other words, one second, it looked like he had some time, the next, a guy's right in his face and he's on the ground. Sacks suck, but things happen pretty fast out there. They were playing good D, and our O-line still isn't where it needs to be yet. It's not all his fault.

Yes, he did, but Ramsey throws a lot of junk too.

Looked like we had multiple chances to do better, I'll agree. Our defense kept us within striking distance. In the end, he made the plays. We got the win. Be happy, because that's what counts.

So like I said, do us a favor and STFU

That's just not necessary. Everyone is entitled to their opinion..

My final thoughts. I don't think Gibbs ever believed Brunell was the future. I don't think he ever saw Ramsey that way either. I think he needed to put some pieces in place quickly, so he went after Brunell for two reasons. Experience and veteran leadership, and the chance to win some games along the way. Now he has a young gun that he's hoping to bring along and work into the system. He is the future. Brunell was correct in the post-game interview when he said that the difference is they've been playing together for a year. Joe's offense isn't simple. When you've got new people doing new things, it takes time to get up-to-speed. Hopefully, we'll have a decent season. If we're somewhat consistent, we may even make the playoffs as a wildcard. I don't see us beating out Philly. I hope I'm wrong. I hope we beat everyone. That's just my take. Have some faith, bro.

It boggles the mind that after watching THE COMEBACK of the decade, one that will be remembered and mentioned for years, you PR-homers/Brunell-haters are still at it.

We won, IN DALLAS

We have won two in a row for the first time in two years.

We won on two (no, not one), count them, two BOMBS.

We converted 3-4th downs

WE BEAT THE FRIGGIN' COWBOYS!!!

So, here's my poll, enjoy it with a nice hot cup of STFU.

:cheers:

So now, we are no good unless we BLOW OUT our opponents. Have you EVER followed a team through an NFL season?

Loser. :doh:

I don't think anyone's asking for a blowout. I don't see things in black and white, and neither, I believe, should any of the fans here. Our quarterback play, while not a crisis, is a concern. Forgive me if I'm less than excited about the prospect of Brunell starting after what we saw last year.

I don't hate Brunell, and if he's the one to take us into the playoffs that's fine by me. However, when we play better teams than the Cowboys we won't be in position to make a comeback like the one Monday night if we don't put points on the board earlier.

Your question implies that you have followed NFL teams for quite some time. Surely then, you must know that teams that win in the NFL are consistent teams. I haven't seen anything consistent out of the Redskins (not just Mark Brunell) yet except solid defense and a general inability to get into the endzone for most of the game.

Some people need to lay off the video game football and get behind their team.

First, it was Brunell has no arm and can't hit the deep ball. Now it's he can't hit the intermediate throws. Heck, we still have one tard who still insists Brunell has no arm.

Then they discount his fourth quarter performance as if coming from behind against an NFL team in their home opener (a Bill Parcells coached team nonetheless) as it were a routine walk in the park.

Clearly, some people are more interested in appearing like a "smart" than simply pulling for their team. Those people must be real fun to watch a game with....

So you show me one thread?

You're kidding me right? You say you saw none, and within 1 minute I show you one. If you read the one thread you will see a host of haters posting. Believe me there are myriad others.

Are you seeking to minimize the hater's efforts? Are you suggesting that we haven't seen a deluge of anti-Gibbs/anti-Brunell rants?

It boggles the mind that after watching THE COMEBACK of the decade, one that will be remembered and mentioned for years, you PR-homers/Brunell-haters are still at it.

We won, IN DALLAS

We have won two in a row for the first time in two years.

We won on two (no, not one), count them, two BOMBS.

We converted 3-4th downs

WE BEAT THE FRIGGIN' COWBOYS!!!

So, here's my poll, enjoy it with a nice hot cup of STFU.

They aren't real Redskin fans..I mean there like bad mouthing Portis and everything.....what they need to do is lace them up :doh:

Let's just hope he plays like he did the last five minutes and not the first 55 mins. We all want to see the 'skins win. With 6 mins left in this game, I was about to start looking up Brunell in the phone book to go smash his car. But he came back strong. He needs to throw the ball deep more and continue to make plays. He also made a nice play running. KEEP IT UP.

JimmiJo...you are stirring things up around here like your call sign is short for Jimmie Johnson....What's the deal....Really dumb poll...

There are a lot of people that would rather Patrick play and a lot of people that would rather Brunell play....I am a Ramsey fan. I don't think Brunell is a very good quarterback, but he's the one playing right now....I think everyone needs to grow up a little and act like adults....I'm sick of insults and comments like STFU...Come on Bro.

JimmiJo...you are stirring things up around here like your call sign is short for Jimmie Johnson....What's the deal....Really dumb poll...

There are a lot of people that would rather Patrick play and a lot of people that would rather Brunell play....I am a Ramsey fan. I don't think Brunell is a very good quarterback, but he's the one playing right now....I think everyone needs to grow up a little and act like adults....I'm sick of insults and comments like STFU...Come on Bro.

Not that I owe you an explanation, but my user name is short for Jimmy Jo Johnson jr.,' which itself comes from an old DC slang expression (circa late '70s early 80s) 'look at that jimmy johnson," which itself turned into "look at that jimmijo."

But you wouldn't know that, damn country-a** boy.

And furthermore, the poll results reflect that I am not the only one who feels this way.

However, all of my comments are in good humor, even calling you country (which I've no doubt you are :laugh: ).

I don't think anyone's asking for a blowout. I don't see things in black and white, and neither, I believe, should any of the fans here. Our quarterback play, while not a crisis, is a concern. Forgive me if I'm less than excited about the prospect of Brunell starting after what we saw last year.

I don't hate Brunell, and if he's the one to take us into the playoffs that's fine by me. However, when we play better teams than the Cowboys we won't be in position to make a comeback like the one Monday night if we don't put points on the board earlier.

Your question implies that you have followed NFL teams for quite some time. Surely then, you must know that teams that win in the NFL are consistent teams. I haven't seen anything consistent out of the Redskins (not just Mark Brunell) yet except solid defense and a general inability to get into the endzone for most of the game.

Did you even bother GLANCING ant the quote I referenced? The "fan" was dissing our response to this win because it was not 28-7!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pure Idiocy.

No one says Brunell is the savior or the answer. What is the matter with this place??? This was a HUGE win.

- With Brunell at the helm, we are 2-0 - when was the last tiem we beat Dallas in Dallas - 1995? How often since Gibbs left have we been 2-0?

- Gibbs, one of the premier all-time NFL coaches, stated that this was one of his top experiences in sports!!

- When was the last time we had THREE passes ove 30 yards in one game???

C'mon guys. You want to pretend to be a Redskin fan?? Let the real fans at least enjoy a HUGE, dramatic, last minute victory over our most hated rival for a couple days without trying to rip holes in it.

Disgusting.

Oh, by the way, yes, I HAVE followed NFL teams. I started going to Redskin games when I was 5 (59 years ago). I saw them through 15 straight losing seasons (and was NEVER as negative as you are). I have operated a large national fantasy sports service since 1990 when I retired from IBM. So, yes, I HAVE followed NFL teams. I recognize inconsistencies. But the difference between us is that I ALSO recognize exciting, important games with GREAT finishes. And when it is MY favorite team, I know how to stop and enjoy it for a while. Games like that do not happen often enough to waste the afterglow WHINING about perceived inconsistencies or players that you don't appreciate.

And furthermore, the poll results reflect that I am not the only one who feels this way.

However, all of my comments are in good humor, even calling you country (which I've no doubt you are :laugh: ).

You are right..you owe me no explanation.....Also, I call it southern, not country...there is a difference....I've been all over the the united states and believe me, there are country bumpkins everywhere...thanks for the trying to be more civilized though

Did you even bother GLANCING ant the quote I referenced? The "fan" was dissing our response to this win because it was not 28-7!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pure Idiocy.

No one says Brunell is the savior or the answer. What is the matter with this place??? This was a HUGE win.

- With Brunell at the helm, we are 2-0 - when was the last tiem we beat Dallas in Dallas - 1995? How often since Gibbs left have we been 2-0?

- Gibbs, one of the premier all-time NFL coaches, stated that this was one of his top experiences in sports!!

- When was the last time we had THREE passes ove 30 yards in one game???

C'mon guys. You want to pretend to be a Redskin fan?? Let the real fans at least enjoy a HUGE, dramatic, last minute victory over our most hated rival for a couple days without trying to rip holes in it.

Disgusting.

Oh, by the way, yes, I HAVE followed NFL teams. I started going to Redskin games when I was 5 (59 years ago). I saw them through 15 straight losing seasons (and was NEVER as negative as you are). I have operated a large national fantasy sports service since 1990 when I retired from IBM. So, yes, I HAVE followed NFL teams. I recognize inconsistencies. But the difference between us is that I ALSO recognize exciting, important games with GREAT finishes. And when it is MY favorite team, I know how to stop and enjoy it for a while. Games like that do not happen often enough to waste the afterglow WHINING about perceived inconsistencies or players that you don't appreciate.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

I share your sentiments fully.

Archived