Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We owe Thanks to Moss, not an Apology To Brunell

footballhenry

Well I wont be that crude, we owe thanks to both Moss and Brunell (mainly Moss). Brunell played 3 and a half bad quarters of football. I have no doubt Ramsey would have delivered a win with the way the game played out tonight. Brunell needs to be consistent and sustain long drives for me to even think about an apology. Ramsey has done that more as a starter than Brunell has (as a skin of course). Im ecstatic that we won but our offense was the WORST in the league for the vast majority of the game, we need to fix that. Ramsey needs to be our QB, not Brunell.

Cant blame it all on Brunell, the team wasnt showing they really wanted. We had no run game, the offense was just flat. Brunell pulled it out for us with his monster run, and two PERFECT long balls. As I and many others said all week, BRUNELL GIVES US THE BETTER CHAAAAAAAANCE TO WIN and we did. Cant believe you make a thread like this on a night like this, after a win like this

Excuse me, Mr. Potato head!! Ramsey would have thrown 4 picks and fumbled 6 times in that game. Brunell took the sacks when he had no other option and dumped the ball off when nothing was there. Dallas was playing great defense for three quarters and Roy williams was taking over the game prior to the bombs. You are dreaming if you think Ramsey could have done the same thing and won this game. Please, get a clue.

God, what's your problem? Ramsey played his last game as a Skin last week. Ramsey has never beaten the cowboys, we finally beat dallas. The next QB is Campbell get over it, Pat will make a nice back-up fa pickup for a team next year.

I do agree Santana Moss > Anyones favorite WR.

God, what's your problem? Ramsey played his last game as a Skin last week. Ramsey has never beaten the cowboys, we finally beat dallas. The next QB is Campbell get over it, Pat will make a nice back-up fa pickup for a team next year.

Ramsey beat the Cowboys on Darrell Green's last day as a Skin in 2003. However it was the last time we beat them and how sweet this was to beat them in the final minutes. This makes up for last years debacle.

Moss is the Man and when Brunell gets on the same page as the rest of our receivers are offense will start to click. Hope Jacobs and Patten are ok and I never thought I'd be thankful that the bye week is coming so soon.

:applause:

Ramsey beat the Cowboys on Darrell Green's last day as a Skin in 2003. However it was the last time we beat them and how sweet this was to beat them in the final minutes. This makes up for last years debacle.

Moss is the Man and when Brunell gets on the same page as the rest of our receivers are offense will start to click. Hope Jacobs and Patten are ok and I never thought I'd be thankful that the bye week is coming so soon.

So you think Patrick would have run for about 25 yards on that 3rd and 27 and made it a more manageble 4th & 2? I don't think so. You're not thinking clearly. You're still brimming with allegience to Ramsey, which isn't a bad thing. To me, there was no way we won that game with Patrick. There was tons of pressure and I can't honestly say Patrick would have weathered it any better than Brunell. :2cents:

You know what? I've down on Brunell since last year. But at the same time, whatever he lacks in physical capacity, which has clearly waned, I think his veteran mindset has the chance to make up for it. I don't think there's any way Ramsey wins this game for us. He stays in the pocket too long. He makes too many inexplicable throws. He panics. Brunell was AWFUL most of this game, but when it counted, he made two absolutely perfect throws. When it counted, he was able to run for 20+ yards on 3rd down. Last year, neither Ramsey or Brunell could make the plays when it counted. Well, Brunell, with Moss, just did. And they did it against Dallas. So I'm extremely thankful.

Excuse me, Mr. Potato head!! Ramsey would have thrown 4 picks and fumbled 6 times in that game. Brunell took the sacks when he had no other option and dumped the ball off when nothing was there. Dallas was playing great defense for three quarters and Roy williams was taking over the game prior to the bombs. You are dreaming if you think Ramsey could have done the same thing and won this game. Please, get a clue.

Exactly. When are all of you ramsey fans going to support Gibbs and his decisions. We won and thats all that matters. Brunell could have thrown for 350 yrds, 3 td's and no int's and you all would still pick him apart and say Ramsey should have started. I like and support Ramsey but I like Brunell too and Gibbs is the coach and not you or I and all of us skins fan should just be happy that we won regardless of who is at QB. He made a decision that turned out to be right one because we WON.

So you think Patrick would have run for about 25 yards on that 3rd and 27 and made it a more manageble 4th & 2? I don't think so. You're not thinking clearly. You're still brimming with allegience to Ramsey, which isn't a bad thing. To me, there was no way we won that game with Patrick. There was tons of pressure and I can't honestly say Patrick would have weathered it any better than Brunell. :2cents:

All of these hypotheticals are kind of ridiculous... you could just as easily say "with Ramsey, there would have been no 3rd and 27 in the first place". Not that I actually think that, I just think it's a wasted exercise to predict who would have done what in a certain situation b/c the games would be completely different depending on who was QB!

All of these hypotheticals are kind of ridiculous... you could just as easily say "with Ramsey, there would have been no 3rd and 27 in the first place". Not that I actually think that, I just think it's a wasted exercise to predict who would have done what in a certain situation b/c the games would be completely different depending on who was QB!

Exactly. But the one thing that's NOT a hypothetical is that we WON. With Brunell as QB. Who came up with two huge plays in less than a minute and a half. And because of those plays, we beat Dallas.

:dallasuck

I dont understand how everyone is saying Brunell played horrible....

The offense as a whole was horrible, and the playcalling was horrible throughout the first 3.5 quarters...Other than the one bad play by Brunell he played this game like it should have been played he hit WR's when he had time and he made plays on 3rd down all along but we didnt attack the D due to conservative playcalling...

The difference between the first 3.5 quarters and that last 4 mins was the playcalling...We actually began to attack the D by using combo routes and scheme to get deep...

That's what has been missing from this offense...

i know it's unfair to say "ramsey would have done this", but the entire duration of the game i was thankful to have what is left in Brunell's legs and the experience he has in his head as a veteran QB. not saying Ramsey couldn't have done it, i just didn't see him doing as well against tonight's Cowboys D - it was intense.

regardless, hail to the skins!!!

i hope i feel this way when i wake up for class in 4 hours....

:helmet: :helmet: :helmet:

Well I wont be that crude, we owe thanks to both Moss and Brunell (mainly Moss). Brunell played 3 and a half bad quarters of football. I have no doubt Ramsey would have delivered a win with the way the game played out tonight. Brunell needs to be consistent and sustain long drives for me to even think about an apology. Ramsey has done that more as a starter than Brunell has (as a skin of course). Im ecstatic that we won but our offense was the WORST in the league for the vast majority of the game, we need to fix that. Ramsey needs to be our QB, not Brunell.
This is just straight hating. Please try to add a little realism to your statements. A bunch of would haves and could haves. Could Ramsey have scrambled for 30 and a near first down like Brunell did? could Ramsey have scrambled and threw a 40 yard touch pass down the sideline like Brunell did?

I agree with most people here.. Brunell clearly had an overall crappy game. He was able to make two incredible deep throws, and a few other clutch downs in the last few mins, but the passing game was horrible in the first 3 qtrs. Whether this has to do w/ bad playcalling, bad throws by MB, or both, who knows.

The clear distinction between MB and PR are these points IMO..

MB clearly throws an excellent deep ball. It has a nice arching touch to it so it drops in on the receiver. PR lacks this touch and throws more of the bullet deep ball. This is harder for the receiver to catch because if it has to be right on target. A lofty arching deep ball gives the receiver time to adjust to the throw. Advantage MB.

PR has a rifle for an arm and has better intermediate/short throws than MB. In hook routes and slants PR can rifle the ball in there when a quick pass is critical. This is important also for passes over the middle when you need to get the ball there before defenders can react and converge on the ball. Advantage PR.

MB tends to not take any chances when throwing into "tight" coverage where as PR will sometimes make this throw. This is good and bad for each QB, since Ramsey can make important plays and move the chains, but throw an INT. I think sometimes you do need to make big plays, and playing too conservative all the time can be bad. Neither QB looks terribly comfortable throwing the ball either.

MB's mobility is better than PR. MB tends to roll out and move around which is good at times, Ramsey seems to hold onto the ball a little too long sometimes and not make quick decisions, leading to fumbles..

I still like PR since he has potential and MB is not going to magically get better. Incorporating the deep ball into the skins offense w/ MB is a must imo, seeing as how he has great touch, and Moss has great speed. I guess we'll see what happens down the road. Campbell surely looks to have alot of potential w/ a good mix of mobility and arm strength.

Archived