Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did Joe Gibbs live up to his word with Ramsey?

footballhenry

uh Brunnell "UNDERTHREW" a ball to Moss i think it was and it was nearly picked off.

The Math? ermm...how about last season? Brunnell sucked the entire season and started the first 10 games? Ramsey came in and gave us life and hope!

Are we sure this isn't a Christian Bias thing? Both Gibbs and Brunnell are devout Christians.

This is football...not Sunday school.

The only hope I had with Ramsey is that he wouldn't throw an interception.

Well, we all have our own opions on the matter I reckon.

My point is that we won't have a winning season with Brunnell under center. That's my prediction and I truly hope that he proves me wrong because I want nothing more than to win football games and championships.

If Brunnell proves me wrong then I will be happy that he did. If he proves me right and Gibbs waits till our playoff hopes are nearly shattered to replace Bruneel I will not be a fan of Gibbs like I once was.

Gibbs waited entirely to long last season to bench Brunnell and this year has benched Patrick way to soon.

Anyway....we all know my $.02 now.

uh Brunnell "UNDERTHREW" a ball to Moss i think it was and it was nearly picked off.

The Math? ermm...how about last season? Brunnell sucked the entire season and started the first 10 games? Ramsey came in and gave us life and hope!

Are we sure this isn't a Christian Bias thing? Both Gibbs and Brunnell are devout Christians.

This is football...not Sunday school.

Because Brunell stunk up the joint LAST season, Ramsey should be allowed to stink up the joint for just as long? This isn't the playground where everyone gets exactly the same opportunities.

Ramsey had 7+ games last season, plus the entire off-season to solidify his hold on the starting job. These decisions aren't simply made by what you and I see on the field on Sunday (or Monday as the case may be).

Ramsey gave us life? Man, have expectations been dropped that low? He was 3-4 in games he started and the Redskisn were 3-6 in games in which he appeared.

The way people wax poetic about Ramsey with a losing record...just imagine if he was a .500 QB.

Say what you are going to do...and do what you say you are going to do. Many people are successful living this way.

People are also successful living the other way. But for me...I will try to take the correct road....If I have to take some knocks to live by my word...I hope I am man enough to take my knocks....and I hope those close to me tell me if I chicken out.

The most respected men I have known....live by their word....

You can spin it anyway you want...If you say you going to give someone a chance...then do it...

You say Ramsey hasn't earned it...well Brunell surely hasn't....He had last year...and Ramsey should had this year....You said you would give him a chance but you didn't...no two ways about it....and it's not about turnovers....it's about WINS and LOSES...

I haven't heard this specifically addressed in a thread too much so I wanted to get the conversation started. Has Gibbs upheld his word regarding basically the entire way hes handled Ramsey and his demotion. Personally I have lost faith in Gibbs 'word' because of this.

Gibbs jumped at the first opportunity he got to pull Ramsey, and whats worse is it was after Ramseys head got knocked on the ground illegally even.

Gibbs gave his word that Ramsey was the starter, always saying "We want Patrick to take us to the promised land" etc etc. I understand that changes will be made in football, they need to be but less than two quarters of football to pull your starting QB because its a 'gut' feelings doesn't do it for me. Just in case you havent figured it out, no I dont believe Gibbs has lived up to his word at all with Ramsey. In fact I think Gibbs has lost alot of credibility in peoples eyes with the way hes treated Ramsey since Day One even.

I say yes. He rightfully named Patrick going into the season as a result of him holding the job at the end of last season, and having a full offseason to further aquaint himself with the details of this offense. He showed little progress in the preseason followed by no improvement in the first 3 series of the Bears game. Gibbs did not want to make the same mistake as last year and stick with a QB who will not get it done.

Well you show me where the teams that have problems turning the ball over are winning, and then I'll believe you when you say it's not about turnovers.

I don't think we have a problem turning the ball over....that is the difference between 1 or 2 INt's and 5.

With 1or 2 our D will hold just fine...heck Brunell may throw 1 or 2...but the problem is Brunell has no quick strike. He'll get ya three field goals though.

No turnover problem? Ramsey had 2 in 3 series and the Skins recovered Ramsey's fumble in that third series.

Points off of turnovers....zero...and Ramsey moved the ball up and down the field to the tune of 105 passing yards in three series with a solid attempt at a touchdown against an excellent defensive backfield. Of which Brunell could do nothing with...barely an attempt at a TD. Three field goals.

I say yes. He rightfully named Patrick going into the season as a result of him holding the job at the end of last season, and having a full offseason to further aquaint himself with the details of this offense. He showed little progress in the preseason followed by no improvement in the first 3 series of the Bears game. Gibbs did not want to make the same mistake as last year and stick with a QB who will not get it done.

Haha, yeah and go with the QB that aheem, couldn't get it done last year :doh:

Absolutely! Gibbs gave his word on numerous occasions (with fire in his eye) that he would not tolerate turnovers. And he showed that he meant it by benching Ramsey and cutting Brown. He didn't lie about it, he meant what he said.

Naming Ramsey the starter and then replacing him has nothing to do with Gibbs keeping his word. Gibbs never said Ramsey would remain the starter no matter how poorly he played. Starters are named and replaced all the time, and no one claims the coach was lying about it even if they disagree. It's the coach's prerogative to pick the starters.

I think the question of whether he lived up to his word is somewhat of a side issue to the real question...did he make the right decision in the interest of winning games? I don't think he did, unless Ramsey comes back in and plays better than he would have if he had stayed in.

Archived