Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Winner Is????????

wesleyc288

I See it like this......Cowboys win....20-9......after all THE REDSKINS BARELY BEAT THE FREAKIN BEARS!!!!!!they have the worst QB in the league this year needless to say..... he WAS A ROOKIE!!....the cowboys beat a very very solid team in SAN DIEGO with or without GATES! and i see no way the redskins come away with a W in Dallas on national TV! Dont get be wrong I Dont think the redskins have a horrible team.....because they dont, i just dont see how the skins beat the boys with MARK BRUNELL Taking snaps...if GIBBS WANTED A REMOTE CHANCE TO WIN MONDAY NIGHT HE WOULD PLAY RAMSEY....NOT A doubt in my mind that the game would be much better if he were starting just had to get my two cents in ....thats all:2cents:

Member: 38502

Starting Patrick Ramsey on Monday night in prime time is like spotting the Cowboys 7-14 points on turnovers. Now, who except a Cowboys fan would think that was the smart move? :)

It may be that Mark Brunell is not the NFL's top quarterback, but there is a much greater chance the Redskins keep this as a close game where the Cowboys have to win it on their own merits as opposed to having it handed to them by the Redskins :)

As I recall, last year Brunell did throw for 325 yards and 2 touchdowns against the Cowboys on Monday night.

As a 12 year veteran, Brunell will not be starry-eyed playing this game in prime time and will use Portis and the defense to his advantage and won't force things in the secondary to give up the cheap score.

And that's what Gibbs is looking for right now in order to gain the needed stability.

Starting Patrick Ramsey on Monday night in prime time is like spotting the Cowboys 7-14 points on turnovers. Now, who except a Cowboys fan would think that was the smart move? :)

It may be that Mark Brunell is not the NFL's top quarterback, but there is a much greater chance the Redskins keep this as a close game where the Cowboys have to win it on their own merits as opposed to having it handed to them by the Redskins :)

As I recall, last year Brunell did throw for 325 yards and 2 touchdowns against the Cowboys on Monday night.

As a 12 year veteran, Brunell will not be starry-eyed playing this game in prime time and will use Portis and the defense to his advantage and won't force things in the secondary to give up the cheap score.

And that's what Gibbs is looking for right now in order to gain the needed stability.

I'd take those numbers this Monday night!

Just no "horrible" interference calls.

I See it like this......Cowboys win....20-9......after all THE REDSKINS BARELY BEAT THE FREAKIN BEARS!!!!!!they have the worst QB in the league this year needless to say..... he WAS A ROOKIE!!....the cowboys beat a very very solid team in SAN DIEGO with or without GATES! and i see no way the redskins come away with a W in Dallas on national TV! Dont get be wrong I Dont think the redskins have a horrible team.....because they dont, i just dont see how the skins beat the boys with MARK BRUNELL Taking snaps...if GIBBS WANTED A REMOTE CHANCE TO WIN MONDAY NIGHT HE WOULD PLAY RAMSEY....NOT A doubt in my mind that the game would be much better if he were starting just had to get my two cents in ....thats all:2cents:

Spoken by a man who hasn't followed Bledsoe's career. :laugh:

MEDIA SWEETHEARTS??????REDSKINS FANS-----WHY DONT YOU CALL JOE THEISMAN UP and TELL HIM TO ANNOUNCE THE BEARS TO WIN THE SUPER BOWL.......WOULD BE A BETTER PICK THAN THE SKINS......LOL...THEISMAN IS A COMPLETE MORON

Right. Coming from the definitive expert in the area of being one. Heed his words well Skins fans. :rolleyes:

Really, that's all? Phew, thank God...you really nailed us. I don't think we could take another post like this one...the whole Redskins world might collapse on itself like in a black whole...

Now where's the Nytol and bourbon? Must sleep....

And I guess the Niners and Dolphins are super bowl bound, after all the Niners squeaked a win away from the Rams and the Fins destroyed the Broncos. O, and the Jets are going to be sub-.500 Week one doesnt mean that much more then preseason excpet the game goes on the record. Its always crazy, and a win or lose doesnt mean all that much as far as how teams do down the stretch.

And by the way, chargers dont have much D, you wont be gettin anywhere near 28 points on monday :logo:

I think what happened to PR was a BS. But that being said, Brunell does give your team a better chance. He is more of a grind it out qb, very patient. He takes what the D gives him. With the defense you guys have, that is what you need. ( dangit) But i just don't feel that your O Line will match up well with our d line and the blitzing you will see. Which brings me to my question, If by chance, Bruno goes down with injury is JC next on the depth chart or will PR come back in,,or will he even be at the game? I hope no one on either team gets injured, i want to beat you guys fair and square with no excuses, just like yall want to beat us. Just wondering if something like that should happen?

MEDIA SWEETHEARTS??????REDSKINS FANS-----WHY DONT YOU CALL JOE THEISMAN UP and TELL HIM TO ANNOUNCE THE BEARS TO WIN THE SUPER BOWL.......WOULD BE A BETTER PICK THAN THE SKINS......LOL...THEISMAN IS A COMPLETE MORON

Oh, no...the master has posted again....oh, most fearless one....what have we done? Please, please no more of the devastating posts...oh, and you denigrated of beloved JT...oh, the humanity...

Must sleep....

Well take your :2cents: to a bar in Dallas where someone might care to listen to your :pooh: Oh, that's right you are only 19! :cry:

the Redskins O-line actually matches up better with the Cowboys front seven than the Chargers did.

ditto on the other side of the ball. The Cowboys were able to dominate the line of scrimmage on offense against the Chargers D. Were the Chargers using cornerbacks out there on Sunday afternoon or 4 safeties? :laugh:

There haven't been more open Cowboys receivers since the 1977 Super Bowl against Denver :laugh:

No, I think Marty is a defense first coach but right now his offense is playing better than his D.

Quentin Jammer is easily the most overrated DB in the AFC.

Wesley........You have shown everyone here that you are incapable of writing in complete sentences. I suppose this should not be a surprise given your place of residence (sorry Blondie, but you can't help every kid ;) ). Please take a basic English writing course, and get back to us. You have proven nothing here except that you are borderline illiterate.

Hey Leslie, dont forget to send Q. Jammer a thank you card for those holding calls

I got no smack for the Cowboy fan, but I'll reply to what was a very wise, tempered post. I've only heard it mentioned a couple of times thru this QB change about how Brunell played vs. Dallas last season. It might have even been his only good game, actually- but the point is that NOBODY on our roster has ever experienced a win in Dallas (and very few have experienced a win at home) but Mark Brunell is the only player on our team that won't fold under early struggle in Texas Stadium because of his experience and level-headedness. He has seen SO many quarters of football and both of our games against the Cowboys this season are going to be SO key in restoring the confidence of our team. Ramsey simply just doesn't have the mindset to lead our wide-eyed group of players who are FINALLY getting a chance to call their playbook "home" because they have the same coach this season as they did last season.

I'm not even saying we should win this Monday Night, I'm simply saying that having Mark Brunell under center is going to give us bonuses in experience that would have been wasted in an effort from a more physically-gifted Ramsey. This opponent is too dreaded. Brunell battled them to the end last year. I'll take Mark in week 2 and leave it up to Joe from there.

In fact I don't care if Coach Gibbs switches every week. I like 'em both.

Yes, media sweethearts. The same media that has them in the top ten in virtually every power ranking despite having two good but declining WR's, a poor o-line, a shaky QB who is damn near motionless in the pocket, and a brand new defensive scheme manned with rookies.

I'm not Cowboys bashing - I happen to think Julius Jones is a stud-in-the-making and I like what Parcells is building with that defense. But that's just reality. If there was anyone but Parcells coaching this team, there would be tempered enthusiasm at best. The truth is that your team has positions on it with question marks than ours does, it's just that our question mark is at the most prominant position on the team: QB.

I got no smack for the Cowboy fan, but I'll reply to what was a very wise, tempered post. I've only heard it mentioned a couple of times thru this QB change about how Brunell played vs. Dallas last season. It might have even been his only good game, actually- but the point is that NOBODY on our roster has ever experienced a win in Dallas (and very few have experienced a win at home) but Mark Brunell is the only player on our team that won't fold under early struggle in Texas Stadium because of his experience and level-headedness. He has seen SO many quarters of football and both of our games against the Cowboys this season are going to be SO key in restoring the confidence of our team. Ramsey simply just doesn't have the mindset to lead our wide-eyed group of players who are FINALLY getting a chance to call their playbook "home" because they have the same coach this season as they did last season.

I'm not even saying we should win this Monday Night, I'm simply saying that having Mark Brunell under center is going to give us bonuses in experience that would have been wasted in an effort from a more physically-gifted Ramsey. This opponent is too dreaded. Brunell battled them to the end last year. I'll take Mark in week 2 and leave it up to Joe from there.

In fact I don't care if Coach Gibbs switches every week. I like 'em both.

Original Question: Winner is????

Answer: Chachie :allhail:

the Redskins O-line actually matches up better with the Cowboys front seven than the Chargers did.

ditto on the other side of the ball. The Cowboys were able to dominate the line of scrimmage on offense against the Chargers D. Were the Chargers using cornerbacks out there on Sunday afternoon or 4 safeties? :laugh:

There haven't been more open Cowboys receivers since the 1977 Super Bowl against Denver :laugh:

No, I think Marty is a defense first coach but right now his offense is playing better than his D.

Quentin Jammer is easily the most overrated DB in the AFC.

I agree with the Jammer comment, he didn't show much sunday at all. Even his fans on the SD board are very disappointed in him. But I think you under estimate the talent we have In the WR core. Your D will struggle, much like the SD D struggled. What do you commit to stopping? Do you stack 8 in the box and go man coverage? Do you blitz and go man coverage? Do you play zone and give Bledsoe 5-6 seconds to look the field over? These are not questions we have to contend with until Brunell an d you WR show they can beat the man coverage on a consistant basis. I think this gives us a very good advantage. And i think back to last year, you guys had a pretty solid d too, i think it was 3rd in the league and we put up 21pts against it with a sub par offense. I think Brunell gives you a better chance to win, but if both teams play the way they are capable of, no mistakes, etc, Cowboys win this one.

Archived