Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Uh oh, Look who is at the bottom of the EAST!!

airborneskins

']Since we are going to be excited about who is in last place after week 1' date=' how about this?

If the season ended today, the Giants, Skins, Lions, Falcons, Saints, Bucs, and 49er's would all be in the playoffs. :D (The Cowboys beat an AFC team so the other six have the tie breaker over them)[/quote']

But the Cowboys win was most impressive.:D

In watching that game last night, I was amazed at how bad Vick is when he has time in the pocket. Looks like he's another Randal Cunningham. Had he completed just a few of those long passes that the consistently over threw, it would have been a huge blowout.

So, I guess this is two in a row for Philly, right?

In watching that game last night, I was amazed at how bad Vick is when he has time in the pocket. Looks like he's another Randal Cunningham. Had he completed just a few of those long passes that the consistently over threw, it would have been a huge blowout.

I hear this and it never gets stupider. I'm a Skins fan but I grew up in Philly during the Cunningham era.

Cunningham was a BEAUTIFUL passer with a long windup release, unfortunately. But he was hardly on Vick's low level as a passer.

I hear this and it never gets stupider. I'm a Skins fan but I grew up in Philly during the Cunningham era.

Cunningham was a BEAUTIFUL passer with a long windup release, unfortunately. But he was hardly on Vick's low level as a passer.

Yeah, stupid...unfortunately, Cunningham only learned to throw from the pocket after he left the Eagles...Gibbs designed defenses to keep him in the pocket. He could kill you with the pass, yes, but after moving out of the pocket.

:doh:

Cunningham was twice the QB Vick is, and was probably a better QB than Vick ever will be…

Vick is the most over-rated QB in the league, aside from Farve.

Tell us again how dominate the skins were this weekend... :laugh:

:doh:

Cunningham was twice the QB Vick is, and was probably a better QB than Vick ever will be…

Vick is the most over-rated QB in the league, aside from Farve.

Tell us again how dominate the skins were this weekend... :laugh:

Did you just call Favre overrated??? I may get toasted for this but except maybe Sonny, Favre is better than any QB the Redskins, Giants, Cowboys or Eagles have EVER HAD. He is the epitome of toughness and grit and excluding him starting to loose a little bit of his skills now that he is in his mid-thirties, he has been one of if not the top QB in the league every year for a decade. Also, w/o good RB's and even WR's many of those years unlike Aikman etc. Someone should take away your keyboard :2cents:

I'm going to bump this thread throughout the season. It should be interesting towards the end of the season when the Skins are 5-11 with a huge QB controversy while the Eagles have homefield advantage secured. :laugh:

You know WB I've got to give you credit (as much as it pains me). At least YOU have the cajones to show up here after Monday nights game. The rest of your compadres have been MIA. I'm sure that they will all be back, full of bravado, when the birds win their first game. All in all though, a pretty pathetic showing by them.

Did you just call Favre overrated??? I may get toasted for this but except maybe Sonny, Favre is better than any QB the Redskins, Giants, Cowboys or Eagles have EVER HAD. He is the epitome of toughness and grit and excluding him starting to loose a little bit of his skills now that he is in his mid-thirties, he has been one of if not the top QB in the league every year for a decade. Also, w/o good RB's and even WR's many of those years unlike Aikman etc. Someone should take away your keyboard :2cents:

Folks, here we have the proof as to why Favre is the most overrated QB in the league. Favre WAS better than any QB those teams have ever had. WAS. People still talk about him like he is the same player he was 5 years ago. NEWS FLASH: HE'S NOT. Thus, OVERRATED!

And Vick isn't overrated. You can point to completion % all you want but the fact his, he's breaking in new receivers and has an instable OL. Not to mention a new system. He puts too much juice on his passes and needs to learn touch but outside the pocket there may be no better passer in the league outside of McNabb. Plus, take into account his amazing athleticism, and you have one of the 10 best players in the league taking snaps from the center. He's still young, let's give him a little more than 40 starts before we claim him to be a failure.

Folks, here we have the proof as to why Favre is the most overrated QB in the league. Favre WAS better than any QB those teams have ever had. WAS. People still talk about him like he is the same player he was 5 years ago. NEWS FLASH: HE'S NOT. Thus, OVERRATED!

And Vick isn't overrated. You can point to completion % all you want but the fact his, he's breaking in new receivers and has an instable OL. Not to mention a new system. He puts too much juice on his passes and needs to learn touch but outside the pocket there may be no better passer in the league outside of McNabb. Plus, take into account his amazing athleticism, and you have one of the 10 best players in the league taking snaps from the center. He's still young, let's give him a little more than 40 starts before we claim him to be a failure.

Under this theory every good aging QB in the history of the NFL is then overrated. All players decline as the years go on, Marino, Elway (less than all others IMO), Montana etc. but part of the legacy of their stellar careers keeps them afloat in their later years (Montana in KC) but to call any of these guys overrated is disrespectful to their career acheivements and legacies :2cents:

Under this theory every good aging QB in the history of the NFL is then overrated. All players decline as the years go on, Marino, Elway (less than all others IMO), Montana etc. but part of the legacy of their stellar careers keeps them afloat in their later years (Montana in KC) but to call any of these guys overrated is disrespectful to their career acheivements and legacies :2cents:

Not when the media notes that they are declining and no longer the same QB that they once were. However, that has yet to happen to Favre. Don't tell me what's what using my own logic. Favre gets his ass kissed like he's still great, and he's not. Thus, he's overrated.

Time for me to check in.....

1st....allow me to say "Hopefuls" and "Dreamers" who believe that after one game, the Eagles are done. Allow me to refresh your memories. In 2003, the Eagles started out 0-2 and won the East easily. Monday night, the team faced a young hungry ATL team that played well on defense, but was suspect on offense. Michael Vick proved that as a runner, he has no true peer, but he plays Quarterback, and that will be his short coming.

2nd.....if any of you guys really believe that your "Cowboys" or "Redskins" are any better than the Eagles, then lets again look at this simple observation. In my heart, I believe that between the two teams Washington would have been the only one who would have the balls to "jump" on another teams logo, and the only one to get into a fight with another team. While the Cowboys are so used to taking it up the rear, at least Washington can honestly stand up for themselves and throw down like men. They earned my respect last year after the second game. Dallas beat a San Diego team without the second best TE in the world......what an accomplishment, especially since everyone and their momma knows that on the last play Gates would have been the #1 target and scored.

3rd.....there is no way to truely measure the heart of a champion and thats what you saw Monday night. Down 14 - 0, neither the Skins or the BOys would have come back. They would have crumbled like stale cookies! Talk all you want about McNabb and his throws, he got hurt and kept playing. Dawkins was a man possed and while we gave up 200 yards rushing, it was mostly in the first half! The Eagles D almost won that game themselves, and without Trotter on the field. I would STFU if I were some of you, especially if you think your D is better than the Birds. They turned "SuperMan" into "Clark Kent"!

4th.....enjoy this week, it will the last time the Birds are in last place. You guys have no clue whats about to happen. And thats what so good about being an Eagles fan....the anticipation of the kill!

"Dawkins was a man possessed"? He had to sit out every other play to get spend more time with and IV on the sidelines. Way to report in game shape Bdawk.

Did you even watch the game? Obviously you didn't. He sat out 2 series in the 2nd half because of it clown! Before you open your mouth, please do us a favor and make sure you know what you're talking about!

His game stats were....

6 Tackles

2 sacks

1 int

1 ff

Not bad for opening night!

Time for me to check in.....

2nd.....if any of you guys really believe that your "Cowboys" or "Redskins" are any better than the Eagles, then lets again look at this simple observation. In my heart, I believe that between the two teams Washington would have been the only one who would have the balls to "jump" on another teams logo, and the only one to get into a fight with another team. While the Cowboys are so used to taking it up the rear, at least Washington can honestly stand up for themselves and throw down like men. They earned my respect last year after the second game. Dallas beat a San Diego team without the second best TE in the world......what an accomplishment, especially since everyone and their momma knows that on the last play Gates would have been the #1 target and scored.

4th.....enjoy this week, it will the last time the Birds are in last place. You guys have no clue whats about to happen. And thats what so good about being an Eagles fan....the anticipation of the kill!

We beat the team we were scheduled to play. We didn't sit Gates out, they did. Had gGates played, they may have passed to him more, thus taking passes away from Keenan, and that could have taken the TD away. All the excuses are nothing more. We won..now we move to the next game.

As for jumping on another teams logo, who cares? George Teague certainly wasn't lacking in the balls to knock TO on his rear when he did it. I bet TO see's players wearing #31 in his nightmares.

bTW, Dallas doesn't need your respect, neither do the Skins. We both have superbowls..where are your trophies? I would not trade one of those trophies for all the opposing "respect" in the world.

Not when the media notes that they are declining and no longer the same QB that they once were. However, that has yet to happen to Favre. Don't tell me what's what using my own logic. Favre gets his ass kissed like he's still great, and he's not. Thus, he's overrated.

Article 1 SI - "It appears the once-great Brett Favre is losing his grip"

Article 2 Cap Times (Wisc) - Rob Zaleski: Favre should learn from Starr's mistake and retire now

Article 3 Philly.com - "For all the hype about Brett Farve being one of the best QBs of all time, his playoff appearances since losing the SB have been horrible."

Would you like me to continue? He is not free from criticism even in his own papers, just because you believe something to be doesn't make it a reality. Now you can find article praising him to this day as well but that is not the point, some people kiss his butt some don't, but not everyone has the blinders.

Thank you...come again

You know WB I've got to give you credit (as much as it pains me). At least YOU have the cajones to show up here after Monday nights game. The rest of your compadres have been MIA. I'm sure that they will all be back, full of bravado, when the birds win their first game. All in all though, a pretty pathetic showing by them.

Tried to avoid opening this thread for as long as possible because I had just a hunch there wouldn't be a lot of constructive football discussion. :)

The dome was LOUD and the people I met sitting around me were far more knowledgable about the game than the Atlanta message boards would have you believe. Was a fun time in general with the exception of the outcome.

Archived