Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Uh oh, Look who is at the bottom of the EAST!!

airborneskins

Bogus point. You could make that argument about anyone. Unless you can name a pro bowl quarterback with crap talent around him. If you'll notice, most if not all of the others have a teams that have big time running backs, and if not, still try to establish the run.

Your reaching for something that isn't there. Don't.

Bogus point. You could make that argument about anyone. Unless you can name a pro bowl quarterback with crap talent around him. If you'll notice, most if not all of the others have a teams that have big time running backs, and if not, still try to establish the run.

The Eagles use the screen and passes in the flats to RBs just about more than any other team.

Thats a fact.

How many times and yards did it account for yesterday?

Reaching? Please. Most teams actually have a true running game. The Eagles running game consists almost solely on McNabb throwing dumps and screens to WB. When he has to throw more than 10 yards he is extremely average.

Reaching? Please. Most teams actually have a true running game. The Eagles running game consists almost solely on McNabb throwing dumps and screens to WB. When he has to throw more than 10 yards he is extremely average.

No No No. Your not following what I'm saying. I saying that the eagles don't have a pounding running game. You didn't need to tell me what I just said as if you think your educating me... I'm saying, in the absense of that pound 'em style running game that Manning and Brady have, McNabb now has to throw the ball 45-50 times a game. He did it in the superbowl and he did it last night. When a quarterback is forced to do that against a team with a pass rush like those, its going to make anyone look bad.

Now, as for your last point. Your just flat wrong. Didn't you notice the stat they brought up last night, where they said the eagles had more 40+ yard gains then ANYONE last season. And for that matter since 2000. And I'm going to guess that other team from 2000 was the greatest show on turf.

The Falcons know that if you come out hard on Defense and smack Philly in the mouth they will fold.

There are very few teams that are able to to this , hats off to the Falcons for playing so hard.

Also, it seemed to me that TO wasn't playing with as much passion as usual.

This is another one of my favorites. If a defense comes out and plays very well, they might beat the eagles. OMG, you've figured out the master plan...

Please, people just think about what your saying. Apparently the same rules don't apply to the rest of the league then they do for the Eagles today.

No No No. Your not following what I'm saying. I saying that the eagles don't have a pounding running game. You didn't need to tell me what I just said as if you think your educating me... I'm saying, in the absense of that pound 'em style running game that Manning and Brady have, McNabb now has to throw the ball 45-50 times a game. He did it in the superbowl and he did it last night. When a quarterback is forced to do that against a team with a pass rush like those, its going to make anyone look bad.

Now, as for your last point. Your just flat wrong. Didn't you notice the stat they brought up last night, where they said the eagles had more 40+ yard gains then ANYONE last season. And for that matter since 2000. And I'm going to guess that other team from 2000 was the greatest show on turf.

Gee, and how many 40+ gainers did they have before T.O.?

Check that stat out and get back to me.

When he has to throw more than 10 yards he is extremely average.

This is the comment I responded to. He didn't put a "TO doesn't count" qualifier on it. Sorry. Again. In order to prove a point against McNabb you need to go back in time to a point when McNabb had SIGNIFICANTLY less talent then other top tier quarterbacks thus why he himself looked worse then them significantly.

Lets put it in other terms you can understand. Look at Kyle Boller. He has Derrick Mason, Todd Heap and Jamal Lewis at the skilled positions. And what has he done with them? So what is your argument about? TO, a very skilled wide out simply makes him look good. Whilst he is otherwise average. Then why can't Mason and crew do that for Boller? Oh wait, the quarterback might actually = half the connection between the concept of a reception.

Man you guys are really on fire today. :rolleyes:

Man you guys are really on fire today. :rolleyes:

All I really know is this:

I have watched McNabb consistently throw more balls into the turf/dirt, behind receivers or over their heads, than any other quality qb in the league. I DO feel that Donovan is a quality qb because of the skills that he posesses other than passing. However, I also think that he was a more effective one when there was at least the threat of him running. As a passer though he is nothing more then extremely average.

McNabb has great touch on the longball. Maybe the best in the league. What he really needs is to get on a roll. Unfortunately for us, he was on a great roll in the preseason and got punched last night and lost a lot of confidence.

Once he gets "it" back, he will be very difficult to defend, as most of you realize after watching him kill you for so many years.

Archived