Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official SUPPORT BRUNELL Thread (MERGE)

redskin48

It is a mistake to start a QB who cannot get the ball to the recievers consistently. So mistake free football is over as soon as Brunell steps his over-the-hill butt on the field.

We tried the whole ball control football thing last season, remember that? What makes you think this season is going to be any different?

Let me just ask this: how many games does Mark have to play like last year before you will say that he just doesnt have it anymore?

Part B: do you really think you can go back to Ramsey if Mark fails now?

I'll answer both questions:

Part A: Not very long! The problem with most of us Redskins fans is we don't have patience. Go look back at some of the top QB's in the league and see what they did in their first five years.

Part B: No! His confidence is shot.

Enough sniveling.

Ramsey has never been a Marino nor will ever become one and Brunell is no longer a steve young type.

Heck Ramsey and the Ravens QB look similar.

The franchise QB is already on the roster

Big Mobile strong arm quick release with touch.

Just a matter of time

No, this post is a waste of space. Ramsey asked for a trade, so it's clear how he feels about the team. He doesn't want to be here.

Gibbs doesn't need to get on his knees and beg a qb who's thrown more interceptions than touchdowns and has an awful career rating and beg for said qb to stay on board.

Ramsey said last night that reports of him asking for a trade were false. And just wait till Brunell goes down with a bad hit like what Ramsey took in the first half...you will be very thankful that we have a Ramsey backing him up. :doh:

The only slurpage going on is the hundreds of ES members who've totally changed their opinions in the last 48 hours and seem to be permantently attached to Gibb's ballsack.

Funny how people just go straight to insults when they simply can't come up with an argument that actually makes sense beyond, "in Gibbs we trust."

Brunell is the type of guy that will play smart and not loose the game. With a backfield of Portis and Betts you really dont need a huge passing threat. Just complete a few to Moss, Patten and Cooley during the game and you will win enough games to get to the playoffs. Gibbs has said time and time again that the only thing that is beating us is our mistakes and turnovers...that is why this move makes so much sense. However, I still think Ramsey deserved at least 3-4 games to prove whether or not he was able to fix the mistakes. The problems he has come from lack of experience, or maybe just bad judgement...we will never know.

All in all, Gibbs is an old man. How many interceptions can he take before suffering some kind of a stress-related illness?

Ramsey has a lot of potential. He can bring you back in games when you have nothing to lose. But to have him under center in the 4th quarter when we're up by 1 can be VERY stressful. Joe is simply looking out for his own health.

When Ramsey is playing... I get a feeling that you just don't know what is going to happen.

It really sucks for PR. i really like the kid and I wish him all the best. I think this is ol' Spurrier's fault, that painful season has really messed with Patrick's head. But he just throws too many ints and makes too many mistakes. All the fans wanted PR to do well, Joe did all he could to let him do well. But as he said, this is a business of winning football games. And you cannot plan for anything if you just don't know what's gonna happen.

navydave...and what is also unappealing is how many fans are so settled with accepting the mediocrity that has been PR all along. seems they have been sucking on some things as well. for them "the future is always ahead of us"

let's hope the scouting staff did its job and JC can step in after learning the ropes. it can be done - see Pitt.

I can't say I am happy, but I wish nothing less than playoffs for this team. The players should be hungy, the fans are famished and the mediots have so far been proven dead-on.

Embarassing times, but given that, change needs to occur. If this is it, great. If not, at least we tried something. I'm no NFL coach, so it should be easy for me to defer an opinion to Gibbs decision making, but it is hard right now.

I hope the improved mobility and throwing motion of Brunell's wassn't just a preseason thing. I hope he rocks the house. I think he's a great guy, class act, and I only made fun of him in two threads last season. Honest.

It's a wild time right now...

Lemme just say that I'm not happy how it all came about. Seemed like a no brainer to me that Brunell would get back in there, but it's the way it was handled that disappoints me. I'm rooting for Brunell and the 'Skins to kick the SH_t outta Dallas,and to end this ridiculous stat of 1 for 14. If the 'Skins lose, all hell will break loose in DC though. Ramsey should've gotten a couple more starts IMHO, but JG is the coach and his word is the final word!

:dallasuck

PR had three drives, he fumbled twice and threw one pick, he produced zero TDs but gives it away twice and puts on the ground on the one drive he doesn't lose it. No QB would have survived the hook under Gibbs for that and certainly not one that has been tossing INTs in the preseason already. All he had to do was protect the ball, he didn't do that. Why is it Gibbs fault? Joe has won 3 Super Bowls with three different QBs and HBs, he adjusts his offense to fit his team but giving the ball away simply won't be tolerated, at least not at the rate PR was turning it over. This team will win because of Defense, the running game and field position. Turnovers destroy the equation, that is the only reason PR lost his job. If it is upsetting I'm sorry but this about winning to Gibbs, not his legacy.
good call that is what I am saying. I am sorry that ramsey sucks but he sucks. I wanted him to do well but he tuns the ball over! you cant do that. It does not matter why.

It is a mistake to start a QB who cannot get the ball to the recievers consistently. So mistake free football is over as soon as Brunell steps his over-the-hill butt on the field.

We tried the whole ball control football thing last season, remember that? What makes you think this season is going to be any different?

Ball control football may have cost us a couple of games but it won us 3 SB rings

Enough sniveling.

Ramsey has never been a Marino nor will ever become one and Brunell is no longer a steve young type.

Heck Ramsey and the Ravens QB look similar.

The franchise QB is already on the roster

Big Mobile strong arm quick release with touch.

Just a matter of time

Good call!!!:dallasuck

im just sick of hearing PR turns the ball over. he faced 3 defenses in the preseason that are better than any defense he will face in the regular season. hell, Peyton Manning all but threw 2 sunday night against the Raven, both in the red zone, it is easy to do against defenses like the raven, steelers and Panthers! so throwing that out is crap as far as im concerned. secondly PR didnt have a turn over that hurt this team on sunday! no turnover he had even remotely hurt this team!!! Gibbs just made a cowardly decison! he never planned on giving PR a real shot! he was just trying to take himself out of all the heat he was getting and deservingly so after leaving MB in there for as long as he did! JG is a lying, coward, that doesnt have one shread of Character and integrity that he demands from his players! he a hypocrite in the true sense of the word! ive been a skins fan all my life, and loved JG from day one, but this kind of cowardly, disgraceful, embarrassing act is something I cant support! Never have I ever let my like or dislike for anyone get in the way of me rooting for the skins, but for the first time ever, I am rooting against JG more than Im rooting for the Redskins! I want this decision to come back an be the second time he has made a horrible decision in starting MB. Hopefully embarrassing enough that he walks away! he is an embarrassment! he preached for year about "what it means to be a Redskins" and yesterday he admitted he has been contimplating this decision for awhile, therefore he has been lying, misleading and worst of all cut throat in his handling of this situation! he is a complete a$$ who I have lost all respect for! I hope he fails miserably, hopefully enough that he walks away, so I can go back to rooting for the team I have loved all my life! I want him gone! If they could take back his HOF enshrinement, I want that too! hypocrites, liars, back-stabbing, disgracfull, cut throat jackasses dont belong in the HOF!

jefre1217...quit making excuses for Ramsey. If he was as good as a quarterback as people think he is...he would have made plays on those good defences that we faced in order to establish that he is our guy here. Ramsey just can't get it done. He's had 4 years to do something and he has never produced. Excuses only count in the first 2 years of your career.

hard to be a good QB with 3 knives sticking out of your bad! I would be extremely surprised if this team has the same faith in JG that they had 3 days ago! got to be hard to believe in a coach who has been lying to you since last season! hard to play for a coach who demands one thing from you (character and integrity) then he himself doesnt show any! trust is something good teams have in each other and I think yet another knife has just destroyed what trust was there.

I think that we have a better chance to beat the cowboys with Mark. I really think that mark is going to play better then he did last year.

NEW MARK NEW SPARK.:dallasuck

I was extatic when I heard the news. No more near-fatal heart attacks everytime Ramsey gets on the field. Best of luck to Mark and the rest of the team, Go Skins!!!!!!!!!!!

And God bless Joe Gibbs.

Archived