Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins' Offensive Gameplan vs. Cowgirls

method man

Rushing: Give them a steady dose of Portis and Betts. Guys, this Dallas D is not anywhere near as good as the one we just faced. I believe that because Jansen now has two broken thumbs that will hurt him with pass blocking a lot but not run blocking too much. So, that is another reason why we should just keep pounding it. I feel Nguyen has gone back down to the level of being an average LB again. If Portis was able to get off long runs against a better D, imagine what he will be able to do against this Dallas D

Passing: Simple. Pick on Anthony Henry. This guy is a corner who is built for posssession receivers. Considering that both of our receivers are deep threats, I feel that the guy Henry will be covering will be open a lot. I think Santana will be covered by the speedy Glenn so Henry will be covering Patten. I agree that we should send Patten over the middle some but we should send him more times than we did this game. If we can get this into a 1 on 1 situation, Patten will catch a deep bomb or two. Ramsey gets intercepted most often in the first quarter so I think Gibbs should give him a chance to settle in and get his confidence up by using the pass plays Ramsey is most comfortable with early instead of saving the best for last. If Portis and Betts can keep pounding early and we can set up play action, we will definitely score a TD or two in the first quarter. Even if they get stopped the first few times, I feel Portis and Betts can wear down this small D. Guys like Ware, Glover, and Nguyen will get so worn down in the fourth quarter that we will have the advantage. These guys are built for speed so running to the outside won't help much so we should run draws and traps right at Glover.

The question of the week should be, "how do we keep Roy Williams out of the box?"

Say what you will about RW, but he's a very capable hitter/blitzer. Dallas is going to tee off on the running game and dare us to use the passing game to get the ball downfield.

I would like to see an effort to establish a passing game to force the safeties out of the box, then pound them with Portis and Betts.

Redskins game plan should be to come out of the gate shooting. If the boys think can play man on the outside, like they did in the 4th against the Chargers, and let the rest of their D blitz we are in serious trouble. Pass to open up the running lanes, and then run right at the 3-4 defense not around it.

On D we are going to have to generate pressure on Bledsoe as much as possible. This is no rookie, he will absolutely pick you apart if given the time to do so. He showed today that he is very much able to connect with the Dallas wide outs if given time. Also the skins have to stop Jones but that goes without saying.

Rushing: Give them a steady dose of Portis and Betts. Guys, this Dallas D is not anywhere near as good as the one we just faced. I believe that because Jansen now has two broken thumbs that will hurt him with pass blocking a lot but not run blocking too much. So, that is another reason why we should just keep pounding it. I feel Nguyen has gone back down to the level of being an average LB again. If Portis was able to get off long runs against a better D, imagine what he will be able to do against this Dallas D

Passing: Simple. Pick on Anthony Henry. This guy is a corner who is built for posssession receivers. Considering that both of our receivers are deep threats, I feel that the guy Henry will be covering will be open a lot. I think Santana will be covered by the speedy Glenn so Henry will be covering Patten. I agree that we should send Patten over the middle some but we should send him more times than we did this game. If we can get this into a 1 on 1 situation, Patten will catch a deep bomb or two. Ramsey gets intercepted most often in the first quarter so I think Gibbs should give him a chance to settle in and get his confidence up by using the pass plays Ramsey is most comfortable with early instead of saving the best for last. If Portis and Betts can keep pounding early and we can set up play action, we will definitely score a TD or two in the first quarter. Even if they get stopped the first few times, I feel Portis and Betts can wear down this small D. Guys like Ware, Glover, and Nguyen will get so worn down in the fourth quarter that we will have the advantage. These guys are built for speed so running to the outside won't help much so we should run draws and traps right at Glover.

Your statements are so misguided, I dont know where to start.

Ok lets see....PLEASE give us a steady dose of Portis and Betts. You guys will be going 3 and out every drive. We pretty much shut down the best running back in the league and yet you think we can't stop those two??

Plus, the Chargers have a much better offense that is light years ahead of your offense. At this point, you guys are a one-dimensional running team without a real downfield threat. Thus, Mr. Roy Williams will be setting up tent and creating havoc in your backfield.

I sort of undertand your point about Henry being built to cover possesion recievers, but again...who is going to throw to these recievers downfield? Ramsey looks like he's going to be in lala land for at least a few days which will lead the door open for Mr.Spaghetti Arm himself....a.k.a The $8 million dollar man. And I'm sorry, but Brunnel will fold like a cheap suit if we apply the same pressure as we did on Drew Brees.

As far as your small defense theory, if you haven't noticed, we've made some changes in the offseason to make sure we don't get run over late in games. We have 6-8 d-lineman that rotate in and out to keep them fresh.

My best bet for you guys would be that Ramsey starts...and he starts off on a major hot streak. This will then open up the running game. To try to smash mouth us will be foolish.

I tell you what.. the O line better get it together because the blitz packages I saw from Dallas yesterday were sick. It was like they would send the house and still have 7 guys in coverage.. I couldnt figure it out! lol the one play they sent the house, Brees got off a pass to the replacement TE and he ran about 8-10 yards, juked a few defenders and was tackled... 3 YARD LOSS! Brees mustve dropped back like 15 yards..

but there were Cowboys all over the field.. it looked like a cattle drive!

Archived