Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why no armband for Patrick?

NicholSkin

...like the Patriots use for Tom Brady to call plays. They even have a specific pullout for 2 minute offense. Extremely efficient.

I know it's nothing new in the NFL, but it seems like it would help the Skins offense a lot. Especially considering our trouble getting plays called in a hurry up.

Just a thought.

It would be funny if a player snatched the armband off Brady. I could see the Defensive coach now. One stand Brady up the other steal the armband.

HaHa nice!

I have to say though i dont think we really need it. Brady has been in that offense and been successful. He knows what he's doing. I dont think Ramsey is comfortable enough for that. Brady and Ramsey are totally different QB's

It would be funny if a player snatched the armband off Brady. I could see the Defensive coach now. One stand Brady up the other steal the armband.

They'd stop the game and award the victory to the Pats..

You dont' mess with media sweetheart money makers.

...like the Patriots use for Tom Brady to call plays. They even have a specific pullout for 2 minute offense. Extremely efficient.

I know it's nothing new in the NFL, but it seems like it would help the Skins offense a lot. Especially considering our trouble getting plays called in a hurry up.

Just a thought.

The wristband is something that Gibbs isn't a fan of. The wristband isn't new to football. As I recall, they have been around the NFL since the early-mid 90's. I think Gibbs is opposed, not because they can be stripped off, but because he expects all his players to be professional and learn their assignments. For those people that think wristbands can be snatched off, think again. They are made of teflon-mesh micro stitching which means your chances of ripping one off is as great as your chances of ripping a bullet-proof vest. Additionally, the wristbands limit what Gibbs likes to do because he prefers formation shifts to disguise his plays.

I was thinking this would be a good way to ENSURE that the opposing team isn't stealing signals.

just calling a number... and that's it. not an actual play until the QB reads it off the armband.

As paranoid as Joe usually is I'm surprised he hasn't tried it.

Besides, I've had a sneaking suspicion for years that the iggles steal plays. Seriously.

We use them in high school and college because of no communication with the QB from the coach. Also because, generally the kid running the play in is an idiot and screws the call up.

Coach :"I called a Sweep? What the hell did you run?"

QB : "He told me you called a Deep."

Classic stuff. Happens every year.

Plus, terminology plays a big factor. Depends on how plays are called. Its not always "(formation) 50 gut".

Yea, because they'd have any idea what it means.

Well of course, you know? I mean, all it would take is one defensive lineman sacking Ramsey pinning him down for 3 seconds, reading the whole thing, understanding it, and relaying it telepathically to his coach. :silly:

This is a legitimate question...I'm surprised Ramsey doesn't have one. :2cents:

We use them in high school and college because of no communication with the QB from the coach. Also because, generally the kid running the play in is an idiot and screws the call up.

Coach :"I called a Sweep? What the hell did you run?"

QB : "He told me you called a Deep."

Classic stuff. Happens every year.

Plus, terminology plays a big factor. Depends on how plays are called. Its not always "(formation) 50 gut".

been there done that :laugh: :doh:

i see the armband as a crutch not a tool for sophisticated qbs. defensive players also wear them too. i say kudos to pat for not needing it. however if it allow 2min offense or clock management to be better, i'm all for it.

as for someone stealing the plays...everyone runs the same plays. when you call the plays is what is important.

Archived