Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sirius NFL Radio - Afternoon Blitz Rankings

jowille

I was just listening to Sirius radio - Afternoon Blitz show with John Riggins and Adam Chine, they gave their picks for the season..... Starting with the NFC east, they both had the Skins last place in the division. Riggo had:

Philly, giants, cowpokes, and his alma mater....

Chine had, Philly, cowpokes, giants, and the Skins.

I like the show but they have been wrong in their predictions before..... :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

I don't know why I do it...but I listen to this show on a regular basis. It's just awful. Their predictions waiver with every change in the breeze. I have heard Riggins predict the Skins at 6-10 and then again at 8-8. He even once claimed the possibility of 9-7. Make up your mind already.

Say all you want about Theismann, Schien is the one that LOVES the sound of his own voice. Despite the fact that he has never said anything substantial.

I don't have the resources to do it right now, but someone should Google their predictions from last year...I'm betting their not so accurate.

...on a side note, there's something else I have noticed about the Afternoon Blitz. They never take callers whose favorite teams is the team where they live. It's always a Pittsburgh fan in Dallas. Or a Giants fan in Atlanta. Something like that.

I really can’t stand that guy. Listen to his show and you will notice how blatant he is about his New York homerism. And this is something else that I noticed; he hates talking about the Redskins. I’ve been a Sirius subscriber ever since it started and have listened to channel 124 since it first started—back when Schien was on morning, noon and night, so I am not making this up: Listen to what happens when a caller calls in and mentions the Redskins. Riggo will answer the question and then Schien will say something ANYTHING to change the subject—ANYTHING to avoid talking about the Skins. Yet if a caller calls in asking about his New York Football Giants, he’ll go on and on about how great their chances are. It’s really awful that he can’t even pretend to be unbiased like most professional broadcasters.

A few weeks ago a caller called in and went down a very well thought out list as to why he thought the Redskins were going to do well this year. John agreed. Schien’s response? "Nah, you’re just drinking too much of that burgundy and gold Kool Aid." I’m telling you, the guy is a complete a-hole.

I really can’t stand that guy. Listen to his show and you will notice how blatant he is about his New York homerism. And this is something else that I noticed; he hates talking about the Redskins.

This is true- I even emailed him regarding this which he did at least respond and own up to his blatant ties to NY but tried to play the 'democratic approach' when it came to his own the air verbage. I have gotten a few phone calls in -mainly just to get some talk time with Riggo- and both seem to go out of their way bash us. Last year Riggo even said that Gibbs' return was a mistake and suggested that we the fans have been brainwashed by Snyder and his lust for money.

Sadly, they aren’t the worst of them. I tuned in one Saturday morning and there were these two chuckleheads actually laughing at Joe Gibbs. Talking about how stupid he was last year not knowing that the goalpost had been moved. It’s hard to imagine anyone being so stupid? The man has been successful in just about everything he has undertaken in his life. And we’re not just talking about being mildly successful, we’re talking highly successful. Makes you want to slap people.

I don't know why I do it...but I listen to this show on a regular basis. It's just awful. Their predictions waiver with every change in the breeze. I have heard Riggins predict the Skins at 6-10 and then again at 8-8. He even once claimed the possibility of 9-7. Make up your mind already. <snip>
With every change in the breeze? You ain’t BS-ing there, bro. Riggo waivers with every sentence! I’m telling you the man argues with himself. Listen to him speak on any subject. He can’t make up his own mind. He starts off one way and then says… but I don’t know… and then goes back the other way until the listener is left confused as to what his opinion really is on the subject.

He really is trying too hard and is just doing everything that he can to make sure his radio career stays on track. By agreeing with Schien and kissing up to his now hometown New York teams, this can only help him in the business. As old blue eyes said; If I can make it there, I can make it anywhere.

Why don’t we start a grass roots campaign to change this? I don’t know how large of a market share Sirius satellite radio has in the Washington DC metropolitan area, but I would imagine it’s fairly significant. And since commercial free radio primarily relies on member subscriptions for funding, we subscribers carry a little more weight than say, a caller to a traditionally funded radio station. So if Adam Schein won’t listen, maybe his program director will. Now we just need some email addresses…

WHO'S WITH ME? NOTHING IS OVER UNTIL WE DECIDE IT IS! WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR? HELL NO!

I too have gotten through a couple of times on the Afternoon Blitz and actually told them why I thought they were wrong.All Schein basically says is that he just can't see the Skins winning.I told him the Skins won 3 out of there last 4 games last year and were on an uptick.I told him the Giants and the Cowboys finished their seasons losing the majority of their last games.He basically wouldn't acknowledge.You guys are right about Riggins, he changes faster than the weather.I heard him say one day that Joe T.had swayed him into thinking the Skins were a playoff team,the next time I heard him he was saying we would be terrible again.I told them that I believe Gibbs is building a team that will play as a team.I sure hope the Skins can eventually silence some of these guys.

Shein is annoying and Riggo pisses me off a bunch on the show, But I have to admit, My channel is LOCKED on channel 124 92% of the time I'm in the car.. Lets the skins come out 2-0 and Riggo will be back on the bandwagon..

I love my Sirius..

It will be interesting to see what he picks the skins to be on Redskins Sidelines compared to his sirius prediction.

-Syn

Archived