Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

While I think we will beat the Bears, dont underestimate them

footballhenry

There seems to be a general consensus that the Bears dont have a chance against us. Now I too think that we will beat the Bears, heck we could even blow them out (a very real possibility). At the same time we could also lose somehow someway. This is the NFL, give the Bears a bit more respect than many here have shown them. They DO have a very capable defense and they DO still have a great receiver in Muhammad. My point is that fumbles, interceptions, a staunch D, any of these things can turn the game in their favor. I know Gibbs isn't underestimating the Bears, and neither should we. I predict it'll be a black and blue game with us winning 20-10.

*also please dont jinx us by saying "we always win our home opener".

Every team's fans are ****y at the beginning of the season. We'll see what happens by week 14. That's the only time that a team's fans can be ****y. If the fans are ****y, the team is doing good, or the team is the Redskins. We'll believe we're still in it if we're 0-15. :D

This is where the expression "any given sunday" comes from. The parody the cap makes in the NFL means any team can beat any other team given a few bounces going their way.

No way a team that hasnt made the playoffs in this long should be overlooking ANYONE. We should be looking at every single team as a serious obstacle to becoming a winning, playoff team.

Bears have a solid coach, defense and special teams. They won in recent years by returning kicks and interceptions for offense (remember the Brian Urlacher fake field goal?).

Orton just needs to manage the game and hope for a break here or there.

I admittedly get nervous over these games based on recent history.

That said, I see a close game

Skins 16

Bears 13

Don't underestimate the Bears!?!!??? Come on now, DONT UNDERESTIMATE THE SKINS!!!!!! We have speant all offseason waiting to make the media eat humble pie. We are favored in two of our sixteen games, this is one of them, and I for one am confident we are going to absolutely destroy them.

Something tells me that Williams is going to have the defense ferociously fired up for the home opener...as well as the crowd's gonna be screaming their heads off, especially after each hit, tackle and sack the Skins come up with. Orton's either gonna show himself to be the twin of Peyton Manning, or he's gonna be one confused, rushed and bruised rookie QB. Offensively I expect Portis to carry the load, and with a certain chip on his shoulder to boot..."3.8 ypc??...I'll show you 3.8 ypc right here!!"

Look for the Skins to appear better than they really might be, and win decisively.

Every team's fans are ****y at the beginning of the season. We'll see what happens by week 14. That's the only time that a team's fans can be ****y. If the fans are ****y, the team is doing good, or the team is the Redskins. We'll believe we're still in it if we're 0-15. :D

:laugh: This is very accurate and funny at the same time.

30-3. Seriously, Orton doesn't stand a chance. Bears fans and the media hope that he is the next Big Ben or Tom Brady, but neither of those guys could do much against our d. The only way they score points is if we have turnovers. I predict that this game will be reminiscent of last year's win vs. the Giants at home...absolute domination.

Archived