Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Corey Simon De-Franchised,now a free agent

chow184

There are teams out there with the cap space, but those teams are the ones that rarely write the big check required to sign an impact player. This dude turned down $5.1 million. He ain't signing for anywhere near the veteran minimum. He'll either get a big deal or he'll sit out the year.

Where is AndyMan when you need him. Redskins One was seen leaving the hanger early this morning. We might have already signed this guy!

Who said we were going to have a quiet off-season! ;)

are you for real about redskin 1 leaving :silly: ?!?!?!!?

same could be said of Cornelius Griffin on the Giants...

Griffin's lable was not that he was lazy, nor did he ever report or play out of shape ever during his tenure with the Giants.

Simon has made a habit out of 'playing himself into shape' pretty much every season since his rookie year. Add to that he's more of a situational DT, ie. he sucks against the run, and I can see absolutely no way he'd fit on this team.

Vet minimum with incentives and I'd take him.

No team will give him a big deal now and I bet he'd love to go to a division rival to "stick it" back to his old team.

Let him have his big year here and then get his big money contract somewhere else next year.

I think Hugh Douglas and Jeremiah Trotter show that teams that try and piggy back success on players the Eagles have put into their defensive system, end up carrying big contracts and getting little production :laugh:

We don't need this kind of trojan horse again after having to eat Trotter's bonus.

Offer Vet minimum with incentives and a option for future long-term contract.

Somebody will pick him up......don't worry about that.

If he was willing to play for the vet minimum/incentives, he'd be an Eagle. He's not going to turn down 1 year and 5.1 million so he can take the vet minimum. C'mon.

Someone will give him 3-4 million over several years and a decent signing bonus.

Vet minimum with incentives and I'd take him.

No team will give him a big deal now and I bet he'd love to go to a division rival to "stick it" back to his old team.

Let him have his big year here and then get his big money contract somewhere else next year.

Was thinking the same thing.....if we can get him for a contract like that, we would be fools not to take him......I think that other teams are gonna throw out more money then we have.....

Though our Dtackles are coming off a strong season, very strong for Griffin, you never know with injuries and a solid pass rusher like Simon would be a great fit......if there is one department our D lacked in it is sacks...which is more so, Simons forte

Am sure he is extremely pissed at Eagles management, yea he held out because he did not want to sign the fran tag up front, but they know that now teams do not have the money to give the long term deal that he could have gotten earlier......because of this I love him being extremely bitter towards the Eagles.....as lazy as people say he might be.....this game is 90% mental....getting screwed over like that and due to the fact that if the skins were able to sign him he would be in a contact year (cant see if the skins were able to sign him that they would give him a long term contact)....so you are looky at one P'd off player....

Look, if the skins can get him for a one year deal filled with incentives I for one would be extremely happy.....EXTREMELY HAPPY.....but I doubt that will happen.....but i highly doubt he will sign with the Eagles

yeah, but who has got that kind of money left to spend other than teams like the Bengals and Dolphins, teams that Simon would find it hard to go to after being on a 12-13 game winner the past several years.

Somebody will make room for Corey for more then the vet minimum.

You guys should know better then anyone, if you want a guy, you find room for him. Someone in the league is going to offer him more then the vet minimum. The guy is a solid player, though he thinks he's a superstar.

Was thinking the same thing.....if we can get him for a contract like that, we would be fools not to take him......I think that other teams are gonna throw out more money then we have.....

Though our Dtackles are coming off a strong season, very strong for Griffin, you never know with injuries and a solid pass rusher like Simon would be a great fit......if there is one department our D lacked in it is sacks...which is more so, Simons forte

Am sure he is extremely pissed at Eagles management, yea he held out because he did not want to sign the fran tag up front, but they know that now teams do not have the money to give the long term deal that he could have gotten earlier......because of this I love him being extremely bitter towards the Eagles.....as lazy as people say he might be.....this game is 90% mental....getting screwed over like that and due to the fact that if the skins were able to sign him he would be in a contact year (cant see if the skins were able to sign him that they would give him a long term contact)....so you are looky at one P'd off player....

Look, if the skins can get him for a one year deal filled with incentives I for one would be extremely happy.....EXTREMELY HAPPY.....but I doubt that will happen.....but i highly doubt he will sign with the Eagles

The Eagles allowed him to negotiate with teams for contract terms. The Ravens and Bengals worked out trades with the Eagles and he insisted on 5-6 million per season. He's got no one to blame but himself.

Not that he would be the first player to illogically blame management.

coughTOcough

I agree we don't 'need' him...however

There is drama in the idea we have a stellar/reputable defense someone can shine in and we are now a CONTENDING division rival.

If he agreed to our terms and decided to spite Philly is the only way something like this works.

Highly unlikely

"“Initially the asking price was extremely high because I wanted to stay in Philadelphia,” Simon told Gunn. “I wasn’t really trying to ask for a price that teams were willing to jump at the time because I always wanted to remain optimistic that we could find a deal that would work for myself and the Eagles.

“All of this was based on me solely wanting to play in Philadelphia, and that’s the only place I wanted to be. That’s why I never struck a deal with anybody else. My heart wanted to be in Philly.”

http://philadelphia.comcastsportsnet.com/view_content_0p.asp?ID=14465

Archived