Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Arrington is better cast as Junior Seau than Lawrence Taylor.

Art

• 1 month later...
I think it's been obvious to most of us for years.

Arrington is a gazelle. Let the man run. Let him wreak havoc. Let him come through the line on a blitz. Putting him the down position is not something he's really ever shown he can be all that good at. But, being back as a backer where teams have to find him, account for him, adjust for him and all the rest is what he does.

He might make mistakes doing this, but, when you let Arrington flow to the ball he's really an amazing player who changes games. When is mistakes frighten you so much you put him on the line, his impact is minimized, he is marginalized and, ultimately, you don't TEACH him to STOP making mistakes doing the things he does best.

When you see Arrington crashing through on a blitz you later see him faking blitz, causing the whole offense to shift to him, leaving everyone else open when he doesn't come. Marty seemed to understand this with Lavar.

I'm not sure anyone since has really agreed. Maybe I'm crazy on this, but, I just would like to see Lavar play linebacker again, full time, and see what happens.

I guess some people change their mind. :D

Here's the problem with letting Arrington go nilly willy and play how he wants to in the secondary in GW's system.

1st. GW uses mutiple sets (3/3 4/3 3/4 3/5, etc) and each has to have the LB's in a set role. Arrington really cant be a freelancer in this defense.

2nd. This wouldnt be setting the best example for #21 would it? Hasnt the emphasis been on making Taylor more responsible and accountable? How would this look if your telling him to play more diciplined and then at the same time taking Arrington off his leash?

Oldskool. Look at the date that this thread originated. Your point is well taken, but I don't understand how some people can profess their desire to see Lavar on the field just six weeks ago and now he's a bum. :whoknows:

I love how people extrapolate that when we say Lavar doesn't know Williams system yet it really means that we all think he's a bum.

I guess some people change their mind. :D

Not a single word in this post contradicts any other words spoken on the Lavar issue of late. In fact, it is reinforced. I specifically do not want him buried on the defensive line hoping to hide his mistakes because you don't teach him to stop making them that way. By not playing him and forcing him to be accountable for the first time in his football life, you MIGHT get him to limit the mistakes to the point he can play more.

I've constantly stated how much I love Lavar. It's not a secret. The fact that I'm coherent enough to realize despite loving his play when he's used right, I don't love his mistakes which hurt us and have caused us to limit his play.

I love how people extrapolate that when we say Lavar doesn't know Williams system yet it really means that we all think he's a bum.

Okay maybe "bum" was a bit harsh.

I find it hard to believe that people would profess their desire to see Lavar on the field just six weeks ago because he can wreak havoc, but now all of the sudden he is incapable of grasping GW's complicated scheme and could not contribute in any manner.

Is that appropriate?

I cant believe Art said something good about Lavar:applause:

I can't believe you're so stupid to think I've not been saying positive things about Lavar all along. Simply because I understand and have long recognized Lavar's weaknesses -- listed in this post and many others -- doesn't mean I do not like him or understand how he can be better.

Just because I don't think he should be thrown in there no matter what doesn't mean I'm negative on Lavar. It means you're an idiot.

Oldskool. Look at the date that this thread originated. Your point is well taken, but I don't understand how some people can profess their desire to see Lavar on the field just six weeks ago and now he's a bum. :whoknows:

I've never said he was a bum. And I never stated I wanted to see him on the field. I said I wanted him to be used as a linebacker more than a defensive end and the only way to get him to overcome his mistakes is no to bury him on the line where he isn't that good, but to get him to improve as a backer, where he can be great. He can also be terrifying at times on the other side.

Arrington is a gazelle. Let the man run. Let him wreak havoc. Let him come through the line on a blitz. Putting him the down position is not something he's really ever shown he can be all that good at. But, being back as a backer where teams have to find him, account for him, adjust for him and all the rest is what he does.

He might make mistakes doing this, but, when you let Arrington flow to the ball he's really an amazing player who changes games. When is mistakes frighten you so much you put him on the line, his impact is minimized, he is marginalized and, ultimately, you don't TEACH him to STOP making mistakes doing the things he does best.

When you see Arrington crashing through on a blitz you later see him faking blitz, causing the whole offense to shift to him, leaving everyone else open when he doesn't come. Marty seemed to understand this with Lavar.

I'm not sure anyone since has really agreed. Maybe I'm crazy on this, but, I just would like to see Lavar play linebacker again, full time, and see what happens.

Isn't that what we all want ?

Isn't that what we all want ?

No. Some people want him thrown into the game anywhere, regardless of his readiness or propensity to make mistakes and without any hope he is forced to play better and limit mistakes. I want him to play linebacker when he's ready and his mistakes are limited allowing him to be the best player he can be. Which is AT linebacker, not defensive end.

I can't believe you're so stupid to think I've not been saying positive things about Lavar all along. Simply because I understand and have long recognized Lavar's weaknesses -- listed in this post and many others -- doesn't mean I do not like him or understand how he can be better.

Just because I don't think he should be thrown in there no matter what doesn't mean I'm negative on Lavar. It means you're an idiot.

NM.......

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Thank god an ES vet like you said this...

Sad to say, but it means more coming from you.

:laugh:

I agree fully, just try him out on a few plays...

No. Some people want him thrown into the game anywhere, regardless of his readiness or propensity to make mistakes and without any hope he is forced to play better and limit mistakes. I want him to play linebacker when he's ready and his mistakes are limited allowing him to be the best player he can be. Which is AT linebacker, not defensive end.

I know he has the propensity to make mistakes, but you put it best in the original post when you said:

"He might make mistakes doing this, but, when you let Arrington flow to the ball he's really an amazing player who changes games. When is mistakes frighten you so much you put him on the line, his impact is minimized, he is marginalized and, ultimately, you don't TEACH him to STOP making mistakes doing the things he does best."

This has been my argument all along.

I have not read anything here by anyone, Art included, saying that Lavar is a "bum". In fact, this thread does nothing to debunk what anyone defending the coaches has said. We all would like to see Lavar play and be used correctly but only if he can play within the system.

I have not read anything here by anyone, Art included, saying that Lavar is a "bum". In fact, this thread does nothing to debunk what anyone defending the coaches has said. We all would like to see Lavar play and be used correctly but only if he can play within the system.

I said that the term "bum" was a bit harsh.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now there's the Art I remember. Where have you been man?!!

Archived