Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Morgan Blvd. Metro (How was it?)

HOF44

So any of you guys use the Morgan Blvd. Metro for the Bengals game?

How was it, much of a hike to the stadium? Was it hard to get a train after the game.

Looks like with the current prices of parking this may be the route I'm forced to go.

HOF44

Bob

I took the hike with my seven year old and it was not bad. I would say it is about a 1.5 mile (they advertise a mile) walk. My son wanted to leave a little early since he was more interested in the train than the game (maybe he is not really mine) so I can't speak to how it was after the game.

It's actually a little less than a mile, nine tenths. I didn't use it for this game because I got a ride there, but we drove along Morgan Blvd after the game and it didn't look crowded.

It wasn't crowded at all, I doubt if it'll stay that way once the season starts though.

The walk isn't bad at all. A little less than a mile is right.

It took me 12-13 minutes to walk from the Metro to the beginning of the parking lot. Not that bad. I took the shuttle home after the game (I forgot which street I needed to take to get back to Morgan Blvd. :40oz: ) so I don't know how crowded it was getting home. Did anyone get off and walk from Largo Town Center?

No shuttle service, which my friend with the bum knee was a bit upset to discover. But if you are in good health and don't mind walking, it's a good bet. I'd say it took us 20 minutes, even walking gimpy. Just remember that you need a Smart Trip card to use the parking.

I took the Metro to the Bengals game, and found it to be a very pleasant experience. About a 15 minute walk to the stadium, more or less depending on your pace. The Metro stop is nice, all brand new, much nicer looking that the older stations. Had no problem finding the "path" to the stadium either. A nice wide concrete sidewalk all the way from the Metro exit to the stadium parking lot.

I would rather take the Metro to the game than drive and park, thats for sure. Getting mixed up in that chaos is too much for me to stand anymore. Especially the leaving after the game.

I used the Morgan Blvd Metro for the Bengal's game too. As others have said it's about a 10-15 minute walk. Note that the walk is on a slight incline going back to the station, which made it seem worse heading out. They had an extra long train waiting after the game (I've never seen a D.C. metro train that long) and they kept it at the staion until it was full to get as amny folks on as possible. Heck, I even got a seat! Of course, it was a preseason game so it's likely to get much more crowded once we get to the regular season.

I used the Morgan Blvd Metro for the Bengal's game too. As others have said it's about a 10-15 minute walk. Note that the walk is on a slight incline going back to the station, which made it seem worse heading out. They had an extra long train waiting after the game (I've never seen a D.C. metro train that long) and they kept it at the staion until it was full to get as amny folks on as possible. Heck, I even got a seat! Of course, it was a preseason game so it's likely to get much more crowded once we get to the regular season.

Good to know. Thanks.

I took the metro train to the game last night. I think I will be ponying up for parking passes from now on. Can't blame metro operations, I thought they did a great job. I was able to leave at the end of the game follow the crowd and step right on to a train and sit down in a seat.

My problem is the location. If this thing were on the stadium grounds it would be awesome, but at the distance it is from the stadium forget it. Especially when we start to get some less than pleasent weather.

HOF44

Bob

Archived