Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We should be very excited about our QB - Please take a look!

318 SKIN

UPDATED.......

Harrington

Games/TD's/Int's/rating

46 48 50 67

Harrington has been given the undisputed starting job with a team built around him. Starting receivers Charlie Rodgers, Roy Williams last year with the addition of Mike Williams this year. He also has had a good o-line along with RB Kevin Jones last year. O-by-the-way, he has a record of 14-34 as a starter.

Boller

Games/TD's/Int's/Rating

27 20 20 68

Carr

Games/TD's/Int's/Rating

44 34 42 72

Recievers - Andre Johnson, Jabar Graffney, Cory Bradford

Palmer

Games/TD's/Int's/Rating

13 18 18 77

Receivers - Houshmandzadeh, Chad Johnson, P. Warrick

Ramsey

Games/TD's/Int's/Rating

30 33 28 74

Receivers overs 3 years - Coles (toe), Gardner (50/50), Jacobs, McCants (sometimes), Thrash (castoff from the Eagles), Kevin Lockett, Jacquez Green, Chris Doering and Derrius Thompson,etc.......

Offensive line play in 2002 & 2003 very poor.

Coaching over his 3 years??????

I think Gibbs has handled PRam as bad as Spurrier. He has 2 hand picked QB's, but does not have the guts to trade PR and play them. If he was bold enough to sign a 43mm Vet & give up 3 draft picks for a rookie why not play them and trade the guy and get something in return that will file other needs (big receiver). However, If you still feel like PR is a bust - I am sure there are plenty of teams out there that would be more than happy to take him off our hands.

FYI -

Troy Aikman (1st 3 years)

Games/TD's/Int's/Rating/Super Bowl wins

38 31 46 70 3

John Elway (1st 3 years)

GamesTD's/Int's/Rating/Super bowl wins

42 47 52 67 2

You guys sound like Spurrier now. Like being bad is exceptable because someone else is worse than you are.

Logic 101 classes should be a requirement before being allowed to post...

Showing the stats of young, developing QBs...as well as the stats of established QBs back when they were in the same phase of their careers...helps show if what we're seeing from Ramsey is normal, or if it's a sign of disastrous things to come. It's extraordinarily obvious from these stats that his development so far is not only the norm, but further ahead than many other QBs out there who entered the NFL around the same time. And this is without the benefit of a consistent pro-level coach and scheme in place.

Logically, you take all this into consideration, and start to understand why phrases like "He's been in the league three years now, what has he shown?" don't really mean much...

]']i've always found that stats sometimes prove me wrong' date=' and that my observations aren't always right. i like what i read, and i honestly think that ramsey just needs to chill. he panics so easily in teh pocket.[/quote']

I agree. - I'm not panicking on Patrick yet and I also realize his set back by Spurrier's system, but at the same time we need him to step it up this year because the rest of the team seems ready.

I think he made progress the other night. - It's obvious they were just trying to test some things out against a live D. We wouldn't be throwing deep every play like that in a real game.

...say 318 skin, Ruston, LA and joined when Gibbs was hired. - Any chance you are BayouGator?

Aikman was so skiddish in the pocket his 1st 3yrs the Cowboy fans wanted to replace him with Steve Walsh which at one point I think they did. Jimmy ultimately stayed with Aikman and the rest is history! What does that say about Cowboy fans?

]']i've always found that stats sometimes prove me wrong' date=' and that my observations aren't always right. i like what i read, and i honestly think that ramsey just needs to chill. he panics so easily in teh pocket.[/quote']

an ironic post

ramsey just needs to chill. he panics so easily in teh pocket.
my observations aren't always right

;)

Guest sith lord
This is a standard cop out.. Instead of giving Ramsey any credit.. That's cool.

I'm sure when he throws his next int, Gibbs will just pull out the stats of all the QB's mentioned and say "We should be excited about our QB-Please take a look!"

I agree. - I'm not panicking on Patrick yet and I also realize his set back by Spurrier's system, but at the same time we need him to step it up this year because the rest of the team seems ready.

I think he made progress the other night. - It's obvious they were just trying to test some things out against a live D. We wouldn't be throwing deep every play like that in a real game.

...say 318 skin, Ruston, LA and joined when Gibbs was hired. - Any chance you are BayouGator?

I'm not Gator, but I do know him and his family very well........

I'm sure when he throws his next int, Gibbs will just pull out the stats of all the QB's mentioned and say "We should be excited about our QB-Please take a look!"

:doh: every QB throws int..... the point is Ramsey is making progress

but hey lets give up on him... so he can go somewhere else to blossom....

like Trent Green, Kerry Collins, Rich Gannon, Jim Plunkett, Sonny Jurgenson, Kurt Warner, Jake Delhomme, Flutie.... and many others

Guest sith lord

I'm just gonna say this, because a lot of you seem to think stats of other QB's for other teams mean something. What Boller, Carr, Harrington, Aikman, Elway did, doesn't exsist to me. They're not Redskins. Ramsey on the other hand is a Redskin. So I do care what he does. In other words, I'm gonna be more criticle of him, when he messes up, than any of the others.

LOL! Sorry, but that's funny.

The only stats you showed me that meant anything were Aikman's and Elway's. It reminds you how much a player can improve after 4 or 5 years, which still gives me hope concerning Ramsey.

As for comparing him to KB, Carr, and company...What is the point? None of them are playing well. Throw a couple of young QB's like Breese or Big Ben in the mix, and I'm not so impressed. You hand picked the stats you used, which means they're not worth all that much.

Sith lord

If that's your attitude, then you simply lack the perspective necessary to form reasonable and solid conclusions about a developing QB. Meaning, if you DONT take into account how it is with most QBs or many good ones, then you won't know what to look for and what to fear about THIS QB.

First of all, I just cant stand it when someone has the gull to say that a Hall Of Fame coach does'nt have guts enough to do something. :doh: Anyway, sure Brunell was brought in and he was a bust, but Gibbs realized that and named Ramsey the starter for the 05 season. Campbell was then brought in and Ramsey still remains the starter. Could it be possible that Campbell was brought in just in case Ramsey has a break out season and we are not able to re-sign him next season?

Could it be possible that Campbell was brought in just in case Ramsey has a break out season and we are not able to re-sign him next season?

Interesting point, but unlikely. By shelling out the cash to sign a 1st round QB, you're pretty much guaranteeing that you won't be able to afford Ramsey after next season (not this season, after NEXT season). However, in the case that Ramsey breaks out this year, they could certainly trade Campbell away, and resign Ramsey. I hope the latter happens.

I'm just gonna say this, because a lot of you seem to think stats of other QB's for other teams mean something. What Boller, Carr, Harrington, Aikman, Elway did, doesn't exsist to me. They're not Redskins. Ramsey on the other hand is a Redskin. So I do care what he does. In other words, I'm gonna be more criticle of him, when he messes up, than any of the others.

Being critical, thats cool!. I'm just trying to provide a point of reference so that we can also have some confidence that his progress is going well......

Archived