Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Manning's Out....What About Ramsey?

jds84

Alright, I want to preface my ramblings by first stating that I AM a Ramsey fan.

Given the potential meltdown in New York (i.e. Manning's elbow), we may have a unique opportunity where we have a team that is severely lacking where we seem to have some newfound depth. This may be the only time Gibbs will have to pull a reasonable trade for Ramsey. Let's be honest, Brunell and Campbell are his guys...not Ramsey. This would give Brunell one more year (perhaps two) to shine while Campbell gets his pro legs in order.

Now for the trade...who do we want? Pierce and a draft pick. End of discussion.

And I honestly believe this would be the best thing for Ramsey as well. Jesse Palmer and Tim Hasselback....Hasselback has some potential but can't touch Ramsey right now. The Giants need Ramsey and Ramsey needs (and deserves) a fresh start.

1) If on any given Sunday we have up to 1200 plays in our playbook then who cares if Ramsey knows the playbook.

2) Even if he gives away all of our formation, etc. it's not like Musgrave and Gibbs have created the next coming of the counter trey....we are all running very similar plays.

3) In division or conference, even if we traded Ramsey to the New York Jets he would still spill the beans.

Gibbs got here and got Brunell. Ramsey finished the season last year and Gibbs gets Campbell. Ramsey may have forgiven him the first time but I'm sure that he still has a bad taste in his mouth since the Draft. If Ramsey has a good or bad year, he will want to leave. This year is his dog and pony show for free agency in the offseason.

There is no reason to get defensive about a situation where both parties (Gibbs and Ramsey) want Ramsey gone. I like Ramsey, wish he would stay but I don't think it's realistic with the obvious direction and decisions of the team.

First of all, SkinsHokieFan is absolutely correct on all points. Second, it is way too early to even be entertaining the idea of a trade. (Well, maybe not way too early). Last, but not least; if we had to trade at all, I would really wish for the possibility of working out a trade with Cinncinati for Kitna.

Why would the Giants trade a draft pick and Antonio Pierce for a quarterback when they just mortgaged their future with Eli last year? So Patrick Ramsey can fill in for one year? I don't even think Eli's injury will be serious enough to keep him out a whole season.

First of all, SkinsHokieFan is absolutely correct on all points. Second, it is way too early to even be entertaining the idea of a trade. (Well, maybe not way too early). Last, but not least; if we had to trade at all, I would really wish for the possibility of working out a trade with Cinncinati for Kitna.

Kitna?! Are you kidding me? Brunell is better right handed than Kitna.

Why would the Giants trade a draft pick and Antonio Pierce for a quarterback when they just mortgaged their future with Eli last year? So Patrick Ramsey can fill in for one year? I don't even think Eli's injury will be serious enough to keep him out a whole season.

You are assuming that the injury is not that bad. Also, you are assuming that Eli is as good as Peyton much less going to succeed at the NFL level. He has yet to prove his worthiness and I don't think Coughlin could stomach it if he had to throw away the season with Palmer or Hasselback at the reigns.

You are assuming that the injury is not that bad. Also, you are assuming that Eli is as good as Peyton much less going to succeed at the NFL level. He has yet to prove his worthiness and I don't think Coughlin could stomach it if he had to throw away the season with Palmer or Hasselback at the reigns.

So Coughlin thinks that lowly of Eli Manning but thinks that highly of Patrick Ramsey, based on speculation alone, that he would trade away Antonio Pierce, who they JUST signed, and a draft pick? And then to make sure Patrick Ramsey is in a good situation, Coughlin would cut Manning? :D

Wrong on so many levels.

Gibbs named Ramsey the starter at the end of last season.

Gibbs re-did the playbook to tailor it to Ramsey's strenghts.

Ramsey has already went through OTA's, mini camp & training camp as the starter, taking the starter's percentage of snaps.

Who'd be the 3rd string QB? Tupa?

Trading Ramsey now makes as much sense as those Cerrato bashers who claim "If he's so good why was ESPN the only job he could get?" when Marty fired him after the Draft. Any team at that point that didn't have a GM, wasn't going to hire one as they already had thier game plan together. You know, like Gibbs did when he named Ramsey the starter & re-tooled the playbook to fit Ramsey's strenghts.

There seems to be some inversely proportional relationship between the period of time left before the start of the season and stupid threads on this board.

Way to indirectly insult your fellow ES members...must be how you've overinflated your post count...and perhaps your ego as well. If you don't something to evolve the actual topic then stay the hell of my thread.

indirectly? Heck, I thought posting in THIS thread and making that comment made it direct? I need to work on that.

Perhaps demonstrating some judgment before posting this trade idea?

We have to draw a line somewhere on this forum between the merely impulsive and the ridiculous.

It's well known that I actually do try to refute even some of the more absurd comments. That I don't feel the need to do so for this reveals the general perception of the topic.

I'm not saying you are dumb, I'm saying the thread is...Big difference.

Alright, I want to preface my ramblings by first stating that I AM a Ramsey fan.

Given the potential meltdown in New York (i.e. Manning's elbow), we may have a unique opportunity where we have a team that is severely lacking where we seem to have some newfound depth. This may be the only time Gibbs will have to pull a reasonable trade for Ramsey. Let's be honest, Brunell and Campbell are his guys...not Ramsey. This would give Brunell one more year (perhaps two) to shine while Campbell gets his pro legs in order.

Now for the trade...who do we want? Pierce and a draft pick. End of discussion.

And I honestly believe this would be the best thing for Ramsey as well. Jesse Palmer and Tim Hasselback....Hasselback has some potential but can't touch Ramsey right now. The Giants need Ramsey and Ramsey needs (and deserves) a fresh start.

First, it would be ridiculous to trade for Pierce's contract. If we were willing to pay Pierce's contract, we would have just paid him the money instead of letting him go to New York.

The cap-friendly move would be for us to trade them Brunell ... maybe that would also help quiet some of the rampant QB controversy...

How about Brunell for Timmy ... I miss Elizabeth Hasselbeck already.

Wrong on so many levels.

Gibbs named Ramsey the starter at the end of last season.

Gibbs re-did the playbook to tailor it to Ramsey's strenghts.

Ramsey has already went through OTA's, mini camp & training camp as the starter, taking the starter's percentage of snaps.

Who'd be the 3rd string QB? Tupa?

Trading Ramsey now makes as much sense as those Cerrato bashers who claim "If he's so good why was ESPN the only job he could get?" when Marty fired him after the Draft. Any team at that point that didn't have a GM, wasn't going to hire one as they already had thier game plan together. You know, like Gibbs did when he named Ramsey the starter & re-tooled the playbook to fit Ramsey's strenghts.

I agree, this "idea" wouldn't be in line with current actions of the team. But don't tell me we wouldn't trade Ramsey just b/c Gibbs named him the starter. That is only a reward of past performance, not future. We all know well and good that if Ramsey does not improve early this year that Brunell will get another chance.

As for 3rd string...Spinner. Or the earlier Kitna idea may work as well. It doesn't have to be the Giants. That just seems to be the opportunity of the moment. But if Ramsey doesn't get traded prior to the end of the season, then we get nothing in exchange.

I thought that about Pierce too....and where did he go?

UH he wasn't "traded" to the Giants. Joe Gibbs is not going to trade in the division with any player. and not a potential starter especially a qb

2 Gibbs has setup everything to have Ramsey as his starter.... he's not going to junk it 3 weeks before the season.

Archived