Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WJFK- Post game show - Joe Gibbs is livid

Lavarleap56

Should Brunell start this week against Pittsburgh?  

411 members have voted

1. 1. Should Brunell start this week against Pittsburgh?

• Yes
    • No

Originally posted by SittingBull

Just heard a replay on WJFK and I was expecting alot worse after everything said in here but after listening to it he wasn't steaming, just as mad as you'd expect a coach to be with a turnover problem and by the third question he seemed calm. Nothing compared to Parcell's anger after an underachieving performance by his offense. But definitely angry for Gibbs who normally keeps his composure on camera.

The difference is Gibbs won't publically show his anger. I'm guessing the players have off today. First practice or meetings...they will know how he feels! Gibbs does this behind closed doors.

I just watched the entire video. I think "testy" is a better description than "mad" or "livid" or "irate", or any of the other things I've read here.

He's definitely making it clear that the team needs to eliminate penalties and turnovers. Period. Good for him.

red zone proficiency is the last thing that comes for a young quarterback. knowing when NOT to take a chance and just throw the ball out of bounds and kick for the three points :)

Ramsey has to learn not to try and be the hero out there, that football is a team game and there are 21 other players out on the field that are also trying to help the team win :)

Maybe it's because I had tempered expectations going into this season, but I'm not that worried about how we played. We turned the ball over, yes, and we have a big question mark at QB, sure. But our defense played well without several starters, and we were able to run the ball behind a solid line. I'm not panicking yet.

The interview with WJFK came after Gibbs had talked to the team. If he was quivering with frustration after talking with the team, can you imagine what the team heard?

My prediction is this week we have 0 turnovers or we have 0 players playing the following week who had a turnover the previous week :).

Archived