Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Aaron Brooks a good QB?

LeesburgSkinFan

He's incredibly unpredictable. Sometimes he looks like a top 10 QB, other times it doesn't seem like he belongs in the NFL.

The Saints are at an interesting position with him. He's done well enough not to be replaced, but seems to have shown he isn't capable of taking them to the next level.

I can understand your friend's frustration.

Originally posted by Monk4theHall81

Has the tools, not a good runner, way too inconsistent, his days are numbered in the big easy

I would not call him a bad runner. Do people just make sh_t up on this site now? He is not the greatest, but much better then some of the other robot like QBs across the league......:doh:

He's a coach killer.

The type of guy who shows you just enough that you are going to give him your entire tenure as a coach (4-5 years) to prove he's a great Qb.

The problem with Brooks isn't the physical part of the game. In fact, he's probably just behind Daunte Culpepper in terms of pure QB talent. But unlike Culpepper - he isn't a leader. That's always been his biggest problem. He's not gonna get in a receiver's face or show any fire on the sidelines. And sometimes it seems like his head is just somewhere else entirely. He plays like he's doing it for a paycheck and that's not the kind of guy you want under center.

Originally posted by Bazooka Tooth

He was drafted 131st. It is not like he was a blue chip prospect. :doh:

Ya I know that. But after his first game as a Rookie, when he threw for like 300 yards and amazed everyone. People started to hype the guy. I mean his rookie card went from like 2 dollars to 250 dollars. Plus hes Mike Vick's cousin.

Originally posted by Hooper

The saints have as much talent as any team in the league and they consistently underachieve -- Haslett is a terrible coach.

I agree.

The worst thing to happen to that team last season was to engage in a "pseudo" run to the playoffs last season. It provided Haslett with an opportunity to come back this season.

I expect the team to struggle and for Haslett to be canned either during or at the end of this upcoming season. The franchise would benefit from this occurrence greatly.

When he was at UVA, nobody ever thought he was an NFL prospect. He got drafted late, ended up on the field somehow in NO and stuck. I watched many of his games in college, and I'm still surprised he's a starting QB in the NFL. Bad management in the Saints FO, I think.

Originally posted by Drex

I agree.

The worst thing to happen to that team last season was to engage in a "pseudo" run to the playoffs last season. It provided Haslett with an opportunity to come back this season.

I expect the team to struggle and for Haslett to be canned either during or at the end of this upcoming season. The franchise would benefit from this occurrence greatly.

They've got all kinds of problems down there. Didn't Joe Horn screw Willie Roaf's wife or something?

I remember a few seasons ago in an interview with ESPN he dissed McNabb. When compared with him he said something like "Where'd he go? Syracuse? Oh yeah, that's in the Big East...pfffft." I mean, I'm no fan of McNabb as a pro, but Syracuse McNabb is a different story. He was a beast in college and I was a huge fan.

I've disliked Brooks ever since then. He seems like an immature, ****y jerkoff. I can't stand him and I don't see him ever being successful.

Originally posted by TXREDSKINS44

No is an awful quarterback. I spend alot of time in New Orleans (work related) and every Monday of the season fans are baffled at how he is still the starting quarterback.

Unless the team is really winning and going to the playoffs, it seems everyone finds fault with the QB. If Ramsey doesn't step up then it will be all his fault if we don't win. I just hope the rest of them plays to the level we all want Ramsey to play at.. I don't think anyone here wants to see him fail and I see only the up side. Can't wait to see how he does tonight.

Archived