Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

XBOX 360 pricing released - 2 choices

Skinned

Originally posted by Gamebreaker

Don't get caught up in the specs, buddy. Even the game developers are disgusted at all the half-lies and BS that gets slung around when the hardware developers are marketing their products.

True, and specs don't mean crap if the game developers can't properly harness the power of the system.

Look at the N64 a few years ago, alot developers had a tough time with that system and basically gave up on it.

PS3 is already available for preorder on Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0009VXAM0/ref=ord_cart_shr/102-4403917-2804916?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

Only $299.

Features:

* Built-in Wi-Fi access for easy connection to gaming services and the Internet

* Sony PlayStation 3 is slated for release in Spring 2006

* Games will use Blu-Ray discs as media format

* Features a powerful Cell processor and a dynamic RSX graphics chip

* Completely backward compatible, all the way to the original Sony PlayStation

Originally posted by Joe Sick

PS3 is already available for preorder on Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0009VXAM0/ref=ord_cart_shr/102-4403917-2804916?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

Only $299.

Features:

* Built-in Wi-Fi access for easy connection to gaming services and the Internet

* Sony PlayStation 3 is slated for release in Spring 2006

* Games will use Blu-Ray discs as media format

* Features a powerful Cell processor and a dynamic RSX graphics chip

* Completely backward compatible, all the way to the original Sony PlayStation

I'm not seeing a price or a pre-order offer.

I doubt it will start so low, I'm thinking more like $399 at least.

Man, what a pantload of crap...

Why did microsoft even come out w/ the $300 version? It can't play any old games, it doesn't come w/ the component cables (so NO HD), you'll have to buy a memory card for saved games..

Well, I was going to buy an X360 but it looks like I'll wait. Sorry, but $400 is a little steep for this console. With all the hype of the console coming out at "only" $300, who expected for the non-pos version to cost $400?! I was siding more for the x360 in this console war but hopefully ps3 can get it together and release their console mid '06. I would have been a shoe-in at $300, but $400, plus a game or two, and that's ALOT of $, considering I don't play games THAT much. Why Microsoft even decided to be stupid and offer a $300 "version," is beyond me.. Oh ya.. just so they can advertise that it costs $300, then consumers realize the one worth getting is $400.

Stupid move by MS. This will keep the ps2 owners from buying a X360 for sure, and not to mention PARENTS. For $300 maybe many people would have bought it, but I know many friends will certainly be waiting on buying their next console, I know I will.

$650 total price tag??

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/editorial/the-xbox-360-experience-comes-with-650-price-tag-118147.php

Let me get this straight, for $300 I can get an Xbox 360, but it won’t play Xbox games, won’t be wireless and won’t come with a remote control or harddrive. Or I could spend $400 and get the things that the 360 should really ship with, but it still won’t come with a game or have the stuff I really want.

To truly have the system that Microsoft talked about when they unveiled the 360 I would have to spend closer to $650. Here’s the break-down:

Xbox 360 Standard: $399.99

Gold Xbox Live Subscription: At least $49.99 (Likely more.)

Wireless Networking Adapter: $99.99

Second Wireless Controller: $49.99

Two Play and Charge Kits: $19.99 times two.

Total: $639.94

And that’s without what will likely be a very pricey Xbox 360 game, which could push the total closer to $700…and don’t forget the HDTV.

So the question is, how much are you willing to spend for gaming? If you had $700 would you buy a loaded 360 or the couch you’ll be sitting on to play those games?

This price is going to do more to prevent Microsoft from getting a head start on Sony in the next-gen race then any Cell processor or Killzone 2 will ever do. I’m guessing Msoft will be dropping the price to something reasonable around the time the PS3 is set to hit the market. If Sony’s smart they won’t kick-off their console at a price that won’t just dent your wallet, but blow it into moneyless shreds.

If you already have Xbox live, do you need to get this Gold subscription? If not, then it drops the price a little. I don't even know what the two play and charge kits are.

Also, the PS3 is slated to be $399 as well. The price tag won't an issue when it comes to which system to buy.

I am pretty happy with the current generation, I have seen nothing that has me willing to fork over $299 much less $399.

MS will have a helluva lead and I think the 360 is designed well, but it is too damn expensive to not have HD-DVD out of the box.

On Xplay's (G4-Techtv) E-3 show when talking about all 3 major gaming systems they said that reading between the lines of XBox 360's dog and pony rep that the backwards capability could mean that you can play only the major games but not all.

PS3 has to be around $400 because the two top of the line graphic cards basically two NVidia cards are over 400 dollars each by themselves unless they plan on making up the loss by recouping it with Cell technology in their computers and oher SONY peripherals.

Nintendo new systems boasts compatibilty with ever gaming system which means they will allow they will allow for downloading of popular games found on the NES and SNES but enhanced which I'll probably by for my ankle biter nephews and ND jr.

If the PS3 doesnt come out til the tail end of 2006 then I'll just take advantage by having a couple of LCD tvs for gaming

Well every hardware developer takes a loss with every purchase of their console within the first 2 years of being on the market. The Xbox, for instance, would be a loss of around $50 for every system sold. The payoff is in the long run, as the system becomes cheaper to manufacture the # of consumers increases and the company reaps more profit than the revenue lost in the beginning. Not to mention, their counting on consumers buying at least 2 or 3 launch games to soften the blow. Which is why many third party developers with promising projects fill the pressure from Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo to meet that deadline before release of the system.

Sony will likely price the PS3 at $400 just to stay at a competitive price. Their popularity and brand loyalty is extremely high and the only reason their the market leader, but even that isn't enough for for them to go any higher and have a shot at beating Microsoft.

Archived