Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keeping an eye on former Skins?

newskinsowner

With this upcoming season will any of you be watching..... just out of curiousity (to see if they progress or regress) any former Skins, like Smoot, Coles, Gardner, Pierce? Who do you think will have the best year in their new place?

Also will you be rooting for them individually(obviously not when they play us) or will you give them the Champ Bailey treatment??

:feedback:

I think Pierce and Smoot will be solid performers, but they won't live up to their expectations (i.e. salary)

Gardner, just like Westbrook, will be out of the league in 1 maybe 2 years. Write it down.

As for Coles... he'll have 150 catches this season... but for 300 yards and one TD :laugh:. With THAT foot in the West Coast offense... kind of like entering a Clydesdale in the Kentucky Derby.

Originally posted by zoony

I think Pierce and Smoot will be solid performers, but they won't live up to their expectations (i.e. salary)

Gardner, just like Westbrook, will be out of the league in 1 maybe 2 years. Write it down.

As for Coles... he'll have 150 catches this season... but for 300 yards and one TD :laugh:. With THAT foot in the West Coast offense... kind of like entering a Clydesdale in the Kentucky Derby.

lmao good prediction

you have to follow Coles ... just to see how he performs in that system with his ailing foot. If he lights it up, then that shows that Gibbs didn't use him to the best of his abilities or that he just didn't fit in with our offensive philosophy.

If he stinks up the joint with hardly any YAC and doesn't get separation of a lot of long bombs then that shows that his foot is a bigger issue than he is willing to admit and that he really isn't the player we traded a #1 to the Jets for in the first place.

Originally posted by VaBeachSkinzFan

I'll still follow them. You never know when they will be back. Like Trotter in Philly.

That is what I keep thinking about AP, I would love to have him back in a couple of years.

i will keep an eye on smoot and hope he does well.

i really liked coles as a jet (the first time) and loved him as a skin but now i hope he fails.

never really liked pierce that much before last season, i am interested to see how he does. not rooting against him, but i cant root for him either.

interested to see if gardner can produce...

Originally posted by Sebowski

Rooting for:

Stephen Davis

Smooooooooot

Gardner

Rooting against:

Bailey

Coles

Eh:

Pierce -If he didn't stay in the division I would lean towards rotting for him. Now I lean the other way.

Originally posted by camyj15

My opinion is Smoot will have the best year of the bunch. However I will not be rooting for any of them - my inclination is to root against Coles (I'll try not to hate too much though)

Originally posted by wildbill

I'll be pulling for Big Country.

Originally posted by H@iL2Gibb$

Gus "the headbanger" Frerotte

Originally posted by praise_gibbs

Tim Hasselbeck. Im gonna miss that guy on our team!

Originally posted by Blondie

I just can't seem to put Coles in the "former Skins" category.

I prefer to just wipe him from my memory.

Blondie

I agree with all of these statements.

I never did feel like Coles was a skin. It just didn't feel right.

I always did like Gus. I felt that, except for that one bone-headed move, he always gave us everything he had.

Davis was not treated well.

Tim performed well under almost impossible conditions. Mostly.

Will follow all of them, obviously...

Will be rooting for Walt Harris and Carlos Rogers far more than I will be for Smoot...but I won't be bothered if he does well.

Same thing with whoever mans the middle LB position...their success will negate whatever success Pierce has, and will shut the media "experts" the hell up (maybe)...

Will be smiling each week that Coles has a 5 catch, 54 yard game with no TDs, and Moss has a 5 catch, 100 yard game with one TD...

Bailey can keep falling down and getting beat as far as I'm concerned...

Gardner won't effect me too much either way...

Frerotte succeeding will make me smile...

Archived