Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you wish Spurrier well?

I hope he suceeds. I don't understand why anyone wouldn't wish him well. He gave the pros a try and failed and he knew it. If he had stubbornly stuck around then yeah we'd have a reason for animosity, but the man left after only two seasons. We can't blame him for wrecking the ship. The ship has been stuck on the rocks for the last 12 seasons.

sperhed writes: Spurier + ****s = Suck....how long did it take you to come up with that? Angered over spurrier's FLA days still? UF is gonna be seeing ****s for days after we hand them a loss..well really even if florida somehow wins im sure they will be seeing ****s for days

Not at all . . . Go Tigers! Luckily he hasn't had a year to recruit his own guys yet, the Tigers will crush them in Cloumbia this year. Wouldn't bother me to see him whip up on UGA, TU or the Gators . . . got kin going to Bama Law school though so if they meet up I def would like to see the ****s rolled by the tide.:dallasuck

Originally posted by mhd24

Doc Walker said that his system did work in the nfl. He stated that he always saw WR's wide open from the pressbox. The problem was that we didn't have the qb to make it happen.

I think it was more protection than qb.

Originally posted by jimster

He seemed like he was admitting that the NFL was too much for him, until I read that article that he blames his failure on the fact that he couldn't get his back-up QB. - Yeah right:thumbsup: - I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that he was the first one to leave Redskins park every day, wouldn't block for his QB, wouldn't run the ball, wouldn't make the team practice in the rain and wouldn't adjust his college playbook. .. yea, it was all the back up QB, yeah that's it.

Nice to see that someone was paying attention when Spurrier was here. I can't believe all of the excuses some of you guys are making for Spurrier. The guy didn't put in a full effort and cracked jokes about other coaches working too hard. On top of that, he was too arrogant to even try to adjust his system to make it effective in the pros. He cared more about proving his system could work than he did about winning. He put himself before the team, players, and fans, and then was too lazy to even work hard enough to make it work.

Also, I'm not buying this crap about he thought the players were professional enough to execute a snap an so on. That's just more BS excuses. If the players don't practice properly and enough then their skills and attention are going to erode.

I personally can't stand that bum. Not because he didn't win, but because he didn't even put in a full effort. I will laugh when he busts at USC, although I feel sorry for USC fans. I'll be surprised if they even practice at all as many golf courses there are in that area.:doh:

Originally posted by spearhed

He was asked what he took from his NFL experience and his reply was "lots of money"

Even the most arrogant of jerks should show humility when they look as pathetic as he did while in DC.

If you take the current situation in SC and add their poor history to it, he has no chance to win a SEC title in Columbia.

Thats OK though, the golf is great there.

****s+Spurrier= suck :2cents:

Where did you see that Spurrier comment? That doesn't sound like something he would say at all.

I was a Spurrier hater while he was at Florida and actually came to like him while he was here. Go figure. I'm not the least bit sad he's gone, but I hope he wins the SEC at some point.

I really couldnt care less about the guy. I dont wish him to fail, but I think he's a coward. I was pretty much fine with him giving up after two seasons, he wasnt working very hard and didnt seem to care from what I saw and heard. He obviously didnt have what it takes to succeed in the NFL, but i was a little annoyed with his attitude after quiting, the way he talks, like he was doing us a favor leaving (which was kinda true) and then his comments recently referring to the NFL as that "other league", like its below him or something, just cause he couldnt cut it.

Whatever Steve, good riddence ya bum

Where did you see that Spurrier comment? That doesn't sound like something he would say at all.

Yeah because he is never one to make sarcastic remarks to the media- you obviously never heard him address the press at all :rolleyes:

It was on some SEC preview show I caught the tail end of and he also referred to DC as 'that other place' in saying he was already more comfortable in Columbia than he ever was here- but believe what you want

sperhed writes: Spurier + ****s = Suck....how long did it take you to come up with that? Angered over spurrier's FLA days still? UF is gonna be seeing ****s for days after we hand them a loss..well really even if florida somehow wins im sure they will be seeing ****s for days

Actually I grew up off of Decker Blvd during the George Rogers and Sterling Sharpe eras and would love to see them get an SEC crown but it ain't happenin'- get a clue

Archived