Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why White Atheletes rarely......

skull1669

Didn't Patrick Ramsey hold out when he was a rookie? If memory serves we almost traded him to the Bears because of it.

I think there are a lot more Black players, therefore a lot more good players are Black, and therefore a lot more holdouts are Black.

But White players hold out too.

Originally posted by skull1669

Do most of them come into sports already wealthy?

Not trying to get into a race issue but just always wanted to know why.

Dude, it's obviously a race issue by the use of the term "white athletes" and drawing a distinction between how they behave and how others do.

But, aside from QBs(Ramsey held out for a brief period and Philip Rivers for the entire preseason almost) you may have touched on some thread of truth.

It is NOT because they come into sports already 'wealthy.'

You know, maybe it's not that whites don't hold out(though in fewer numbers) it's the APPROACH.

Consider Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy(and TO and Javon Walker, etc) and compare them to other hold outs. It seems like the black players don't really treat it like an attempt to get paid more but as if some measure of justice is being denied them.

Originally posted by Henry

Didn't Patrick Ramsey hold out when he was a rookie? If memory serves we almost traded him to the Bears because of it.

I think there are a lot more Black players, therefore a lot more good players are Black, and therefore a lot more holdouts are Black.

But White players hold out too.

Ding.

Henry nailed it.

In a league where the vast majority of players are black, especially at the "skilled positions", it would make sense for the majority of holdouts to be from black players. If there were more white football players, I suspect you would see the amount of holdouts being similar throughout both races.

:)

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

Dude, it's obviously a race issue by the use of the term "white athletes" and drawing a distinction between how they behave and how others do.

But, aside from QBs(Ramsey held out for a brief period and Philip Rivers for the entire preseason almost) you may have touched on some thread of truth.

It is NOT because they come into sports already 'wealthy.'

You know, maybe it's not that whites don't hold out(though in fewer numbers) it's the APPROACH.

Consider Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy(and TO and Javon Walker, etc) and compare them to other hold outs. It seems like the black players don't really treat it like an attempt to get paid more but as if some measure of justice is being denied them.

So tell me this are Ramsey and Rivers greedy spoiled atheletes?????

John Riggins held out the year before Gibbs.

Players of many races and nationalities hold out quite often in all sports. Sports like Hockey almost all hold outs are by "white" players (there are many in the past).... because there are so few black hockey players. Baseball has tons of contract issues with white players.

It has nothing to do with race, or social status...

I don't like what you are getting at. Tread carefully.

By the way, here's a sample thread (and select quotes from board members) posted during Ramsey's holdout:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12164&highlight=Ramsey+holdout

"Ramsey and his agent have spent the past few days rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic (a.k.a. Ramsey's career with the Redskins):"

"Let's hope talks stall. I want Ramsey out."

"Hopefully he continues to hold out and SpiceMan improves over his last performance and Ramsey is not signed until March after we hoist the Lombardi trophy and he doesnt rate getting a ring either."

"I don't even want this SOB anymore. I don't want him. I hope the Skins trade his *** pronto. Idiot."

Edit: I'm not sure what you're getting at since you started this thread.

I never made a statement about greed or being spoiled on anyone's part.

I made a statement about the public approach of some black athletes to the holdout/contract dispute issue.

It wasn't Ramsey that called his coach or owner a liar(Law) or who talked about needing to feed his family with a contract NOT commensurate with his level of play (Sprewell.)

Hold out over money?

Is it because they get the money they want, no questions asked?

Do most of them come into sports already wealthy?

Really what is it?

Not trying to get into a race issue but just always wanted to know why.

I've heard black folks have an extra bone in their leg/foot.

I also heard from Jimmy the Greek, we were bred to be better athletes. Something about slaves with big buttocks and thighs.

I guess because they have one less bone and smaller buttocks and thighs than their black counterparts, whites are less likely to hold out.

:rolleyes:

Archived