Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins AND Cowboys - Return to Glory

footballhenry

I hate them. I really really do. That said, I do respect them. As hard as it is sometimes, especially when we lose to them, you cannot deny the incredible history of the franchise that is the Dallas Cowboys. They are our arch-enemy. Our rival. THE enemy. Even so, I ache for the days that we both return to glory. I would much rather have the 'Boys and Skins back than the Eagles, and even G-men. I cannot stand seeing the Eagles, and Giants (in the past) run atop our division. This season I have predicted a 10-6 Redskin record, and with that I predict a 9-7 Cowboy record. In fact I do expect the Cowboys to be very very competitive this year, and maybe even get to 10-6 as well. I do not know if we both will make the playoffs, I doubt it, but I do think that Cowboys and Skins will be among the elite come the 06 season (assuming Parcells sticks around). Both teams are led by hall-of-fame coaches, two of the best to ever coach the game. They will bring their respective franchises back to where they belong...

...though trust me, I wont be shedding any tears if I am wrong about the Cowboys;)

Originally posted by goskins

Truthfully,

I would rather just have the Skins own the NFCE......but I still think the Eagles will be the strongest team in the NFCE with the Skins, Boys and G-men fight for 2nd. Really 2nd just depends on who stays healthy, who gels and what teams have overcome their problems.

Well of course i would RATHER just have the Skins dominate all, but I am trying to take a more realistic approach to it. Plus I really do believe the Cowboys will be a solid team next year, its the 06 season that I think both the Boys and Skins will excel the most. Goodbye Eagles...

Originally posted by Park City Skins

Sigh. Redskins. Glory. Used in the same sentence, Cowboys. Some type of breach of protocol there. Has to be. ;)

:laugh: :laugh:

When I read this post I had a mental image of:

FP0467%20STAR%20WARS%20yoda.JPG

"Some type of protocol breach, there is. Redskins, glory, cowboys, used in the same sentence they were."

My sentiments exactly.

In a perfect world, its Dallas and Washington battling it out for NFC East supremacy.

The last few years will end up being a minor blip on the radar.

Things will return to normalcy soon enough.

Dallas and Washington on top, with the Giants and Filthy battling to stay out of the basement.

Originally posted by jrockster77

:laugh: :laugh:

When I read this post I had a mental image of:

FP0467%20STAR%20WARS%20yoda.JPG

"Some type of protocol breach, there is. Redskins, glory, cowboys, used in the same sentence they were."

Sigh. I resemble that remark. I really need to stop drinking Mountain Dew while posting. Bypassing the edit feature I tend to do.

:doh:

;)

Sigh. I resemble that remark. I really need to stop drinking Mountain Dew while posting. Bypassing the edit feature I tend to do.

:doh:

;)

Hehe -- nothing wrong with your post, I just read it really fast and it sounded like Yoda to me! :laugh:

Originally posted by footballhenry

I hate them. I really really do. That said, I do respect them. As hard as it is sometimes, especially when we lose to them, you cannot deny the incredible history of the franchise that is the Dallas Cowboys. They are our arch-enemy. Our rival. THE enemy. Even so, I ache for the days that we both return to glory. I would much rather have the 'Boys and Skins back than the Eagles, and even G-men. I cannot stand seeing the Eagles, and Giants (in the past) run atop our division. This season I have predicted a 10-6 Redskin record, and with that I predict a 9-7 Cowboy record. In fact I do expect the Cowboys to be very very competitive this year, and maybe even get to 10-6 as well. I do not know if we both will make the playoffs, I doubt it, but I do think that Cowboys and Skins will be among the elite come the 06 season (assuming Parcells sticks around). Both teams are led by hall-of-fame coaches, two of the best to ever coach the game. They will bring their respective franchises back to where they belong...

...though trust me, I wont be shedding any tears if I am wrong about the Cowboys;)

Dallas has too many new personnel this year to be effective.

And with the age at skill positions, if they don't do it this year, it'll be a long time coming for them.

I like the Redskin's chances a lot more.

Good post.

Naturally, I think my Boys will be competitive this year. But without the Skins, I don't think the legacy of the Cowboys would be the same. I think you could argue the same for the Skins. Without the Boys, your legacy would change as well.

I want them both back on top (with my Boys just about a head taller) :)

I don't care if the Eagles ever win another game. Same for the Giants, though at least they know what to do once they get to the big dance.

I agree that the Redskins and the Cowboys are going to be forever linked by this tremendous rivalry...It would restore a n early 80's feel to the NFC East having us and the Boys back on top...

I would much rather have us on top and the Boys 0-16! ;)

Sigh. Redskins. Glory. Used in the same sentence, Cowboys. Some type of breach of protocol there. Has to be. ;)

AMEN, PCS!!

Also- I am SO tired of the words, "Return to Glory" already. It was used on Sportstalk 980 last year like it was a prediction for the 2004 Season. We Redskin fans catch alot of smack because we seem to believe that EVERY upcoming season will be a grand return to glory. I say it makes us devoted fans, but I can smell the truth in the point of view that makes us a little "dilluted" about reality. I think most of us are finally beginning to accept that getting back to the playoffs does take time, effort, and LUCK.

But can we PUH-LEEZ try to hold off on using those words until we are at least a winning team? :doh:

:logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Originally posted by Chachie

AMEN, PCS!!

Also- I am SO tired of the words, "Return to Glory" already. It was used on Sportstalk 980 last year like it was a prediction for the 2004 Season. We Redskin fans catch alot of smack because we seem to believe that EVERY upcoming season will be a grand return to glory. I say it makes us devoted fans, but I can smell the truth in the point of view that makes us a little "dilluted" about reality. I think most of us are finally beginning to accept that getting back to the playoffs does take time, effort, and LUCK.

But can we PUH-LEEZ try to hold off on using those words until we are at least a winning team? :doh:

:logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Hmmm, well if you read my post you would know I did not say that the return to glory is fast or quick. imo, the return to glory started when Gibbs walked through that door. In fact I said that we would be much improved this year (10-6) but the 06 season is when both franchises would return to glory. It is a 'prediction'. I do not care what other people have said, I never thought wed return to glory under Spurrier or last year. Just cool it, mark my words. Gibbs is going to bring us back...

Call it return to glory or whatever you want. Both the Girls and the Skins need to improve a bit to de-thrown the Iggles. They have a pretty good grip on the NFCE right now.

Before the Skins can return to anything that resembles "Glory" we need to win a lot more games within our division. Right now we don't even really have a rivalry with Dallas - the Skins need to win once in a while for it to be an actual rivalry.

I have faith that the skins can beat Dallas this year and can recapture the rivalry -maybe even get a little post season action -but I am not sure about "Glory" in 05'. One step at a time.

:logo:

I'm sorry, but I spend zero time thinking about Dallas. I hate no other sports team more. I want them to fail miserably ALL THE TIME. I wish them no success or positivity whatsoever. I never think they will be good, I never want them to be good, and I will not respect them. Sorry. Must've been the way I was raised...

Thanks pop, granddad, and uncle!

:cheers:

HTTR!

Originally posted by tizzod

I'm sorry, but I spend zero time thinking about Dallas. I hate no other sports team more. I want them to fail miserably ALL THE TIME. I wish them no success or positivity whatsoever. I never think they will be good, I never want them to be good, and I will not respect them. Sorry. Must've been the way I was raised...

Thanks pop, granddad, and uncle!

:cheers:

HTTR!

thats just sad really. that loyal skin fans would go so far as to deny respect to a franchise such as teh Cowboys. That franchise is just as rich in history as ours guys. i would want them to respect us just as we should respect that. respect does not warrant liking in the least bit. its simply showing your appreciation for that organization in terms of their history, and achievments. like i said, i hate the Cowboys but most definitely respect them. i hope the feeling is mutual.

thats just sad really. that loyal skin fans would go so far as to deny respect to a franchise such as teh Cowboys. That franchise is just as rich in history as ours guys. i would want them to respect us just as we should respect that. respect does not warrant liking in the least bit. its simply showing your appreciation for that organization in terms of their history, and achievments. like i said, i hate the Cowboys but most definitely respect them. i hope the feeling is mutual.

Okay, if you want to get all yuppie and touchy-feely on me, fine. We're all winners! YAAAAAY!!!!

Better?

Hmmm, well if you read my post you would know I did not say that the return to glory is fast or quick. imo, the return to glory started when Gibbs walked through that door. In fact I said that we would be much improved this year (10-6) but the 06 season is when both franchises would return to glory. It is a 'prediction'. I do not care what other people have said, I never thought wed return to glory under Spurrier or last year. Just cool it, mark my words. Gibbs is going to bring us back...

My post wasn't aimed at you at all but at the media and the stereotypical mindset of Redskin fans. (Myself included.) I just meant that these catch-phrases like "Return to Glory" are a little premature. You used the phrase but I know you didn't invent it or make any predictions.

Joe Gibbs' return was indeed a glorious event but it's time to knuckle down and make something happen. "Glory" can definitely arrive with some hard work and a little luck but I'd rather it come unannounced and as a shock to the rest of the league. (I have a feeling Coach Joe would prefer it that way as well.)

Originally posted by Chachie

My post wasn't aimed at you at all but at the media and the stereotypical mindset of Redskin fans. (Myself included.) I just meant that these catch-phrases like "Return to Glory" are a little premature. You used the phrase but I know you didn't invent it or make any predictions.

Joe Gibbs' return was indeed a glorious event but it's time to knuckle down and make something happen. "Glory" can definitely arrive with some hard work and a little luck but I'd rather it come unannounced and as a shock to the rest of the league. (I have a feeling Coach Joe would prefer it that way as well.)

well hmm...perhaps last year we heard that alot in the media. this year? not at all. just browse through the internet power rankings/offseason rankings, etc. skins are near the bottom EVERYWHERE. So the league WILL be shocked if we return this year, or even next. No worries there....Gibbs just has to make it happen:)

Archived