Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs spotlight on NFL Live

NavyDave

ESPN believes he has a grasp of salary cap, free agency clock management now and believes he just needs patience from fans.

Yes there is a QB controversy because Joe still doesnt have faith in Ramsey and Ramsey must play well in preseason.

The other question is what could Danny Snyder do if Coach Gibbs leaves?

Who could replace him they joked about Don Shula.

I don't remember Gibbs getting alot of respect the first time around. I think he will surprise people this season. I think the Skins are going to play better ball and make more plays because the "Team" will pull together.

We haven't had one of those since Gibbs left!

Originally posted by Gfunk703

they hated on us in the intro when they said "Does the outlook look good?" and the host said quickly, "No"

but the piece was overall positive, "not all the players they need are there"

Yea, the intro pissed me off, but then I fast forwarded to the piece, and it was not that bad

Gibbs has never gotten respect until after he retired. During his tenure in the 80's most critics used to say that we were a product of taking advantage of the strike years (82 & 87 SB's were won then). They would point to choking against the giants in 86 to lose a championship game being shut out or that we lost to the Raiders in 83. Basically we were almost always the underdog. That is why John Madden and others used to call us the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL ... we never got respect.

I believe that is the position we are entering into with Gibbs v.2. We have sucked for so long and if you look at last season ... you can see heart, some bad calls, and a lot of guts but not the bottom line. All the critics have used the bottom line to justify their opinions heading into this year. I really believe that Gibbs works best as an underdog and that we will be improved in our record from last year. Whether or not that means we go far into the playoffs is a different story .... but I do think that 9-7 or 10-6 is possible with this team.

Originally posted by bnacpa

Gibbs has never gotten respect until after he retired. During his tenure in the 80's most critics used to say that we were a product of taking advantage of the strike years (82 & 87 SB's were won then). They would point to choking against the giants in 86 to lose a championship game being shut out or that we lost to the Raiders in 83. Basically we were almost always the underdog. That is why John Madden and others used to call us the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL ... we never got respect.

I believe that is the position we are entering into with Gibbs v.2. We have sucked for so long and if you look at last season ... you can see heart, some bad calls, and a lot of guts but not the bottom line. All the critics have used the bottom line to justify their opinions heading into this year. I really believe that Gibbs works best as an underdog and that we will be improved in our record from last year. Whether or not that means we go far into the playoffs is a different story .... but I do think that 9-7 or 10-6 is possible with this team.

I never really appreciated Gibbs until after he left.

Archived