Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Forget EA Sports

FARAPS

Don't sweat it!!

NCAA has been the best football game for the last 2 years so don't worry about it if Madden falls off, it will only reveal how much better the NCAA game is than the NFL game. I think if more people tried NCAA they would be done with Madden anyway!

Long live NCAA the best football game out there

Way to go EA!!

:notworthy

I would think that with ESPN you can just sign on to XBOX live and get the updated Roster for 2006.

Haven't tried yet, but I will once the season starts.

Either way it is kinda crap that there is only one choice now. With ALL other game types the consumer gets a choice of what they want. I feel like I am being railroaded into Madden, which has never really impressed me too much anyways.

Hopefully ESPN comes out with something special for xbox 360 and PS3.

i like madden. glad it is sticking around...

is it too crazy an idea that madden would take some of the good stuff from 2k presentation wise to spice it up?

or now that they don't NEED to, is that a pipedream? i mean, they did buy it out right?

Originally posted by illone

I would think that with ESPN you can just sign on to XBOX live and get the updated Roster for 2006.

Haven't tried yet, but I will once the season starts.

Either way it is kinda crap that there is only one choice now. With ALL other game types the consumer gets a choice of what they want. I feel like I am being railroaded into Madden, which has never really impressed me too much anyways.

Hopefully ESPN comes out with something special for xbox 360 and PS3.

ESPN was just the name used, after this year EA and ESPN have an agreement, so they wont have anything for 360 or PS3 unless its associated with EA.

Im sure there will be people that will do updated rosters for the 2K series and put this years people in it.

I know they already have it for madden 05.

Originally posted by Clinton Portis

I read it on Madden Nation some where a few weeks ago, no I do not have the link. But I wouldnt lie about that. :doh:

And yeah there are other games, but I'm pretty sure they wont be as good, not being NFL titles.

There was nothing like that on Madden Nation from any type of reliable source. In fact Madden producer Phil Frazier called up the Madden Nation Radio show a few weeks go to say just the opposite and answered questions for about a half hour.

Originally posted by RAC

There was nothing like that on Madden Nation from any type of reliable source. In fact Madden producer Phil Frazier called up the Madden Nation Radio show a few weeks go to say just the opposite and answered questions for about a half hour.

Thanks RAC, if anyone knows its you. But i agree, i dont recall seeing that anywehre. and anything ive read has confirmed the opposite like you said.

Originally posted by dfitzo53

I didn't find ESPN's running system with the charge-up thing to be all that realistic, but maybe that's just me. ESPN wasn't bad, but overall I don't feel it was as playable as Madden, and for me just wasn't as fun. I loved that it was $20 (at a price where I could buy it and try it out with little remorse), and I'm sad to see that there is going to be a lack of competition. Frankly however, I would probably only have bought Madden this year anyway.

As a side note it's worth mentioning that EA didn't approach the NFL with the intention of squashing the competition (although I'm sure they were happy to do so). The NFL auctioned off the rights to the highest bidder and EA won. If ESPN had outbid EA, there'd be no Madden this year.

P.S. EA, please take a cue from ESPN's challenge system and fix your woefully outdated one.

Just a few comments,

The charge-up was completely uneccesary to be sucessful running the ball. In all honesty, it was just another feature to stick on the back of the box. Most people who refer to ESPN's running game as being realisitic are more or less referring to the blocking system that allows for trapping, double teaming, squeezing thru holes, and moving the pile - all features that actually allow you to pick up yards between the taclkes, where as Madden most forces you to bounce everything off tackle.

EA initiated talks with the NFL for exclusivity. They had been planning on doing it since Madden 04. Don't ask for a link to confirm, this is sumthin I've goten straight from the horses mouth.

Originally posted by Streater101

EA initiated talks with the NFL for exclusivity. They had been planning on doing it since Madden 04. Don't ask for a link to confirm, this is sumthin I've goten straight from the horses mouth.

Unfortunetly until you cna provide evidence of it, its hard to believe that, although you could be right. Because according to everythign about the merger the NFL initiated the talks with EA and Take2, so if you could enlighten me with some other details that would be wonderful.

And if EA would have passed im sure Take 2 would have gobbled the rights up.

I talk to the guys who develop 2K. I used to run a site called NFL2KX, which has transitioned to VSArena (see sig). Thing is, he was worried about such a deal around this time last year. Said that EA had been pushing the NFL to get it to happen.

Obviously, this isn't the type of thing that anyone will just come out and admit. What are the chances of EA just saying "we wanted to force 2K sports out of the console football market"

You do have a point. And on my side i am just going on the information that i have seen in print. And by those accounts it was the NFL who initiated. I am not disputing what you say, just trying to find out more info about it.

I am an EA guy, but i liked having a fierce competitor out there to push EA, so while i am arguing in thier defense, i dont think its all that great to just have one NFL football franchise

Archived