Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Forget EA Sports

FARAPS

the reason why people like madden better is it is an easier game to dominate, espn took skill and a lot of people didn't want to learn :D

I believe that license agreement only is legit on current systems, not the newer ones coming :) hint hint

Originally posted by jbooma

the reason why people like madden better is it is an easier game to dominate, espn took skill and a lot of people didn't want to learn :D

I believe that license agreement only is legit on current systems, not the newer ones coming :) hint hint

i have found that to be true. if ur hot in a game of madde, you'll dominate the rest of the way. in espn, come backs are very much possible.

Originally posted by skinzfan4life

The license agreement is legit for 7 years i believe. Then it will be reevaluated.

however is it legit for internet games?? maybe ps2 disks etc... but does is it also stay for future devices as well as future layouts etc...

i would love to read the fine print to see if maybe the NFL is smarter then we think

rumor in the gaming world is like their TV station the NFL wants to create their own football game (maybe with the help of Sega) in a way it doesn't violate their deal with EA

I thought ESPN was way better IMOP. I don't care enough to get upset about but I do understand your point of view.

I refused to buy Madden last year becuase they put an accessory to murderer on the cover! I didn't want to support anyone that would put a person like that on thier cover.

okay okay so i overreacted a little bit but i just needed to get some steam off. i loved espn and im sad to see it go. ive started to try and play madden now but its not the same, the graphics are just poor and the gameplay isnt as good.

people telling me not to buy it, of course im going to buy it now thats the only football game. thats what pisses me off, i HAVE to buy it if i want a football game and being the diehard football fan and xbox player i am of course i have to get it.

oh yea and i apologize that i didnt get my facts straight that the NFL came out and offered exclusive rights, i wasnt aware of that.

i still hate EA though ;)

however is it legit for internet games?? maybe ps2 disks etc... but does is it also stay for future devices as well as future layouts etc...

i would love to read the fine print to see if maybe the NFL is smarter then we think

rumor in the gaming world is like their TV station the NFL wants to create their own football game (maybe with the help of Sega) in a way it doesn't violate their deal with EA

To be honest im not sure about the fine print. And to be honest im not sure how it translates to new platforms. I just know it was an exclusive license for nfl video games for 7 years.

For isntance the MLB exclusivity deal, isnt exactly exclusive. Its verbage makes it so that companies such as EA can not make a MLB game, but sony, nintendo and microsoft can have thier own individual game.

So i agree that it would be interesting to see the loopholes and fine pring in this agreement.

I LIKE Madden. Its OK...its all the football I have really to play. But let me tell you guys a story.

I bought my Friend Madden 05 for his birthday. We played it for a little while over the first few days I stayed at his house. However, ESPN was on sale for 10 dollars. So we purchased it. The minute we purchased ESPN we went to his house and played it, and we had ALOT more fun.

Every time we played a game it was "Woah, I never noticed how much better the annoucers are!" "Wow, the Tackles are realistic!" "Look at this presentation". I stayed at his house for 2 weeks, since I only get to go down to Virginia every once and a while.

Over that 2 week span, We played ESPN almost the entire rest of the time from when we bought it. We had so much more fun in games, than we did in Madden. I fight that pretty sad, because we had fun with a 10$ game, as opposed to a 50$ one.

And that says something. ESPN was better in every category, except Franchise. And Even Franchise was more fun IMO. I could find hardly any flaws in ESPN. I loved the running system, it was real enough for me.

I enjoyed passing. And I'm sure if they had a 2k6, it would have had more customization options for your Created Teams. ESPN may have been simple but I had a hell of a lot more fun playing ESPN than I did Madden. Madden IMO, is only good when there is no other football. And that is the case now.

EA is going to keep taking peoples money (and I will buy every one, sadly :doh: ) and not putting in anywork.

The developers for 06 even admitted they didn't put all their effort into the game, which says alot.

Next Gen bettter be good. Oh...what am I saying, I'm forced (as a football fan) to bascially buy whatever they put out. :(

EA is going to keep taking peoples money (and I will buy every one, sadly :doh: ) and not putting in anywork.

The developers for 06 even admitted they didn't put all their effort into the game, which says alot.

Next Gen bettter be good. Oh...what am I saying, I'm forced (as a football fan) to bascially buy whatever they put out. :( [/b]

Do you have a link that they said they did not put effort into this game?

Also, you are not forced to buy EA's game. There is at least one other and will prob be other football games out there. They just arent official NFL games. You can buy that if you would like.

They really fixed the passing game in 2K5. 2K5 was the first Football game I can honestly say I liked better than Madden.

As far as one being more challenging than the other...well I really did not see it. Basically if I played 2K game for 2 weeks, when I jumped in a game of Madden, it was hard...and vice versa.

So last year I did not even own Madden till after the football season. 2K5 was the game I played during the season, because I found it too difficult to switch back and forth between the games. I have been playing Madden during the off season, and now that I am back into it I really love the controls. They have always seemed a little tighter than the 2K's.

I really miss the ESPN presentation though, the halftime highlights and Sportcenter stuff really draws you into the experience IMO. The Tony Bruno show in Madden is annoying as hell. Plus simming the games in Gamecast is really cool in ESPN.

I should stop thinking about this or I will get as pissed as the original poster. Madden is very good and I will have fun playing it, but I just may go back to 2K5 now and then with updated rosters. It is really a great game.

I liked Espn when i first played it, and let me add that I have been playing EA sports since John Walsh football, and Jordan vs. Bird. With that said I will say that while ESPN 2K5 looked alot better (Player Models) than Madden I found the gameplay to be more childish as far as passing and running. To me Madden is the hardcore football gamers game. NO doubt about that. The mechanics in Madden are just soooooo much better and it actually allows you to read and think about what your going to do. What i have found (not saying that anyone here is like this) is that its usually the people who get spanked in Madden that go to those EA enemy games. There are several things, let me reiterate, several things that I would absolutely love to see incorporated into Madden this upcoming year ex= Pre-game/Halftime show with a commentator. (I remember when James Brown (not the godfather of soul...lol) hosted Madden awhile back ..and that was nice.

Anyway I think alot of it has to do with preferences....its all about what you wanna do in the game...............

Originally posted by Skins24

Great, more traveling faster than humanly possible/teleporting by the AI to break up a pass. w00t.

Actually, I was referring to the work they've done to reduce the ridiculous defensive plays and increase the receivers' ability to come down with the ball.

I enjoyed playing ESPN and found it pretty entertaining.

Didn't like the Crib and play a celeberty stuff too much, but the game play was good and I enjoyed Portis, Ramsey and Arrington in those games (I wish Cooley and Taylor were better in the game).

Madden's gameplay in 2004 and 2005 were not nearly as good.....I will however start playing Madden so I can gear up for 2006.

I used to love madden also.

But face it madden sucks!

The running is not relastic at all. The passing game sucks and the whole gameplay is bad.

I have madden 02.03.04.05.

When i played espn i was like wow. This is hard! The tackling is real and the passing game is realistic. I mean it was hard to make a deep throw.

In madden people do it all the time.

I dont even know if i will buy it.

But i will say i do not like the gameplay of madden at all.

Originally posted by skinzfan4life

Do you have a link that they said they did not put effort into this game?

Also, you are not forced to buy EA's game. There is at least one other and will prob be other football games out there. They just arent official NFL games. You can buy that if you would like.

I read it on Madden Nation some where a few weeks ago, no I do not have the link. But I wouldnt lie about that. :doh:

And yeah there are other games, but I'm pretty sure they wont be as good, not being NFL titles.

Originally posted by Clinton Portis

I read it on Madden Nation some where a few weeks ago, no I do not have the link. But I wouldnt lie about that. :doh:

And yeah there are other games, but I'm pretty sure they wont be as good, not being NFL titles.

Actually, Blitz The League looks really cool. They have basically put everything back into the game that the NFL poo poo'd over the years.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/617/617620p1.html

Something like Playmakers the Game. LOL

Originally posted by Clinton Portis

I am not saying you would lie about it, but i have read every interview possible from the madden guys and not once have i seen anything remotely close to that, thus a link or something of that nature.

In every interview they say they are working just as hard as they always had, and Phil Frazier has said he is working hard and that the 360 guys are across the hall, working on stuff.

And to assume other games wont be as good just becasue they wont be NFL is not right. Those games might be great, just not have the players names.

Everyone talks about how they love ESPN's football games, if they have Football 2K6 and did not have any names that would be a competitor and all the 2k series people could snatch that up. And if people prefered the game play of the 2k series not having names wont make the actual gameplay any worse.

Originally posted by SkinsForLife260

I used to love madden also.

But face it madden sucks!

The running is not relastic at all. The passing game sucks and the whole gameplay is bad.

I have madden 02.03.04.05.

When i played espn i was like wow. This is hard! The tackling is real and the passing game is realistic. I mean it was hard to make a deep throw.

In madden people do it all the time.

I dont even know if i will buy it.

But i will say i do not like the gameplay of madden at all.

Although for this year they have revamped the passing system, and suppsedly tweaked the running system as well.

Booma, as much as I would like your hint to be true, I heard just the opposite on G4 about a month ago. They were saying the EA licensing deal is so powerful because we are at a stage where the next gen systems will be out and EA has the stronghold on football games until the deal runs out. Think about it.... Why would EA pay all that money to shut Sega Sports out for 1 year on the current systems, only to deal with the same issue again for the nextgen systems? Also look at the second deal EA pulled with ESPN. That deal is for all sports game across the board. They wouldn't do the same thing with them for one year. EA locked the exclusive rights deal up to cover up the true issue of them losing market share to Sega. Threads that discuss Madden and ESPN2K always turn into fanboy shouting matches. What EA did was eliminate these shouting matches by monopolizing the whole thing. With that said, I can't allow my disdain for EA Sports to prevent me from playing an NFL Football game so I have no other choice than to buy their product. In the long run EA wins because I would have never purchased their product if I had an alternative, but since I don't, they get $50.00 from me in August. ------All my 2K brethren: Don't resist change. Change is what separates humans from most other life forms. We have the ability to impact and address change on a daily basis. You don't have to like Madden; but you do have to buy it if you plan to play and NFL game for the next 5 years. --------------

The Sega ESPN game on Xbox had the best graphics, and player motion and level of detail in history. The gameplay was far and away much, much, MUCH more realistic than Madden. For all of EA's attempt to make smarter AI the game still feels really arcadey and you end up with unrealistic stats at the end of too many games. In my opinion Madden has grown stale and the lack of competition is only going to increase this. I hate to say it but my games of playing NFL video games is probably coming to an end just because of this. Madden is awful and it's only going to get worse.

Archived