Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rate the Skins Offseason

jksmtih269

Originally posted by jksmtih269

Snyder is an IDIOT period thats not trolling thats a fact. He has caused the skins more problems then the cowboys have.

That's your opinion, not a fact. You'd do well to learn the difference. Actually, the cowboys have caused the skins mor problems then Dan Snyder has. That whole streak thing. ;)

Joe Gibbs making that trade to get campbell was a bad move and in my opinion Dumb. Would you have made the same move?

Actually, it was a brilliant move. Brunell's on his way out. Trading to get Campbell NOW where he has time to adjust to the league & learn the system. Thus ensuring that Gibbs will have two quality QB's once Brunell is released.

And to say I don't understand why things were done is just wrong I live in the heart of skins country and hear it every day. I know coles wanted out, Arrington isn't happy neither is Taylor he wants out of washington (Speculation just reading between the lines)

If you understand that Coles didn't want to be here, why is the rest so hard for you to grasp?

How can you consider this a good offseason or even semi decent for the skins.

It's been one of our better offseason's in awhile. There's been no big names, no big spending. The O-Line was addressed with the Rabach signing. We've gotten several players back from injury ie : Jansen, Bowen, Portis & gotten rid of two WR's that just didn't want to be here.

I will say Snyder going out trying to buy players has been cut back and he has stayed out of JG's way or so it seems which is a good thing. JG is a great coach But I don't see this being one of his better offseasons.

Snyder hasn't tried to "buy" players since Dion & Smith. He's addmittitly said he's learned from that & has. Make NO mistake, Joe Gibbs runs this team.

If you call me a troll for telling it like it is then you need to wake up and smell the coffee, Take the blinders off the skins have taken a step or two backwards instead of forwards.

Take the blinders off yourself. You've just been give facts, not the opinons that you hear in the media. Don't be a sheep. Learn to form an intelligent opinion.

I have been a Dallas fan since 1975 and proud of it even when we went 1-15

:puke: skins

So, you're just here for an education, huh? :)

Originally posted by andyman

The offseason was a 9-10. Why? Because the team did exactly what it wanted to do and concentrated on the areas it wanted to concentrate on with the precise results they desired.

But, I must concede, you know better because clearly you have inside knowledge. Or, barring your current commitment to cure cancer, would be coaching an NFL team.

:owned: :rotflmao:

Originally posted by andyman

The offseason was a 9-10. Why? Because the team did exactly what it wanted to do and concentrated on the areas it wanted to concentrate on with the precise results they desired.

8 out of 10 if were okay for the cap next year. And 7 if we still need to purge talent next year. I think there were a lot of things that the skins wanted that they weren't able to do... They would have liked to have been able to keep smoot and pierce and probably coles too. Also, we lost out on a few free agents. However, they had to cut their losses and consider long term cap implications.

...though we should be okay for that cap next year right? :whoknows:

Offseason has been an 8 so far.

We drafted for the future (Rogers - who may very well be a starter this season; and Campbell who IMHO was an excellent pick for present and future reasons; it's called grooming folks, and it can still happen in the NFL with fruitful longterm results)...

filled our present needs with immediate impact players at key positions (Rabach - much, much better than our previous centers, Moss - at least as good as Coles was last year even factoring injuries)...

stood firm on what we were willing to pay people (as much as we may have liked them, Smoot and Pierce were requesting too much money, and the importance of our FO putting its foot down simply can not be measured)...

Focused on special teams and specialty situations we failed on last year (drafting two FB's, picking up several LB's and safeties in FA (and the draft!) who can contribute solidly to special teams at the very least)

And we added several players with team first attitudes, often at the same time adding possible and/or definite starters (Moss again, David Patten)

Not to mention the offseason workout attendance and related team-first attitude overall that has permeated the offseason.

EXCEPT FOR - of course, the Sean Taylor incident. But jeez, it's not like Joe has never dealt with troubled super-athletes (see Riggo, Clark). When he's out on the field Sean, just like the names I just mentioned, gives 1000%. Joe plans to reach to him, and he's proven he knows where to draw the line.

My other minus, albeit small, is a pipe dream desire for a pickup of a premier pass rusher on the D-Line. Hopefully, we'll be in the perfect position to address that in the draft next year (I'd love to develope a monster), or who knows, maybe something magic happens down the line this season and someone falls into our lap; maybe that someone is even a healthy Phillip Daniels. Either way, I know GWill is gonna have that D-Line primed for some quarterback killing.

Here's to a solid, low-key, extremely effective, efficient, and steadfast offseason.:cheers:

P.S. - jksmtih269 (original thread creator) - if you want anyone here to take you seriously, and/or if you plan on staying around, NEVER put a puke smiley in front of my team's name. Never.

jksmith, before you are gone from this site forever, it might behoove you to read a post by my friend Tarhog:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1431050#post1431050

Originally posted by Tarhog

[jksmith]

Couple things. I've unlocked your editing privileges so you can try again with the sig.

1. We don't base who we restrict, spank, or torment on team affiliation. We base it on what kind of a guy/gal you are. You troll, use obscenities, don't follow the generous rules/guidelines, you're not going to make it here. Period. We've banned plenty of Redskins fans when we had to.

2. We all have jobs. We are not hovering in ether space waiting to help change someone's spare tire or help little old ladies across the street. It sometimes takes us a bit to get to a request. If you have a problem you feel needs immediate attention (sig pics probably wouldn't qualify here), you can pm one of us.

3. We recognize you're new, and we understand theres a learning curve. Most don't immediately begin starting threads, posting prolifically - its smart to watch, see whats cool here, whats not, get to know who's who, then post some. Thats what I recommend.

4. The biggest sin you can commit here is calling out a staff member, questioning our decisions, impugning our motives. Some feel thats harsh. But this is a huge board. We have to maintain control, and staff here put an incredible amount of hours into keeping this a nice place to be for football fans.

Therefore, its true, we make a decision, thats the way it is.

5. This boards not for everyone. You're a good guy - you'll do well here. You're a troll, instigator, or 'look at me' addict? You'll never make it.

Welcome to the board, and if you need any more help or have questions, feel free to pm me anytime.

Tarhog

EDIT: 6000, *****!

I'll give this offseason an 8 so far.

The Positives

Coaching Continuity - same HC, OC, and DC. That's the first step to progress.

Who we didn't sign - None of those high priced, over-hyped past their "prime" players.

99 Percent OTA attendance - ST is really the only no-show but I like how the Skins are dealing with the situation.

New Offense - Shot gun, zone blocking.

The Negatives

Losing Smoot and Pierce - I think Pierce will be easier to replace.

Draft picks - I think Rogers will be good, but Campbell won't help us this year. Maybe in a couple years??

Hail,

H

P.S. - jksmtih269 (original thread creator) - if you want anyone here to take you seriously, and/or if you plan on staying around, NEVER put a puke smiley in front of my team's name. Never.

:puke: Skins

I don't take well to threats

On a scale of 1-10 1 being worst and 10 best how would you rate the Skins Offseason?

Now compare the Skins Offseaason to the other teams in the NFCE and how do you think they did at improving the overall team?

My answers

and I think the Skins had the worst offseason in the East and one of the worst in all FB if not the worst. Why?

Well lost Coles for Moss traded Size and Speed for a shorter but quicker WR at a cost of close to 9mil in prorated SB plus a new contract for Moss.

Lost Smoot which forced skins hand in drafting Rogers could have had Merriman or Williams if Smoot had stayed now who would rather lose smoot and Williams or Merriman for Rogers? Only and Idiot like maybe I don't know a few fans and one midget owner.

Signing of Brunell last year, and trading Coles straped a already slim cap to the point lost a very good LB.

Then Traded a number one and fourth round pick next year and a third this year for another QB when the Qb the skins has is Good and could be better if he wasn't on his back side every game. The Number one pick from next year will prob wind up being a top 5 pick so Joe Gibbs thought Jason Campbell was a top 10 draft pick QB if he did he and anyone else who thought that trade was a good trade is just a plain ole IDIOT That was about the dumbest trade of all time IMO.

Then they get busted for violations and lose valuable OTA's, Let the players do what ever they want and then don't support their best player and try and rush him back and cause him to have to have another surgery on his Knee.

I like Joe Gibbs he is a great coach but as long as Snyder is runing the Skins they will never be better than an 8-8 team at best and I think they only win 4-6 games this year.

So what do you think?

:doh: :banhim:

:paranoid: Unfortunately, I have to agree that I don't think it's been a good off-season. Real positives have been few.

Carlos Rogers is #1. He will make up for losing Smoot. In time.

Greg Williams. He's back! Nuff said.

#1 pick Cambell? Wellllllllllll........ maybe in a new 3rd string QB kind of way:D

Rabach? Sure, why not.

Patten for Gardner. Incomplete.

Joe Gibbs. He's back! With alot to prove.

Moss for Coles. Incomplete.

Negatives abound.

Sean Taylor! :doh: Embarrasing.... Again!

Smoot!

Pierce!

Coles! 9.5 million was it?:puke:

Sean Taylor!

Cambell trade? High picks (plural) for a 3rd string QB!

Brunnell!!! Still on roster as 2nd string QB:laugh:

Arrington! Knee and mouth disease with a side helping of squabbles. :doh:

Sean Taylor.:doh:

OTA's!:doh:

This off-season has been a series of laterals and hits and that = net negative.

I give the off-season a 4 - 10.

:helmet:

So far............;)

Nor do I towards Redskin insults:

:puke: Cowboys

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

On a scale of 1-10 1 being worst and 10 best how would you rate the Skins Offseason?

Now compare the Skins Offseaason to the other teams in the NFCE and how do you think they did at improving the overall team?

My answers

and I think the Skins had the worst offseason in the East and one of the worst in all FB if not the worst. Why?

I like Joe Gibbs he is a great coach but as long as Snyder is runing the Skins they will never be better than an 8-8 team at best and I think they only win 4-6 games this year.

So what do you think?

Jksmith - If you are still around.....

On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give our off-season a 7 based on what I know now. But anyone could make an argument for a 3 or a 9 because no one ever knows how good or bad an off-season is until years later.

Ill give you that the Coles trade and hit we took was tough - we were stuck in a no win there.

Yea, loosing Smoot hurts but I believe Rogers can and will replace him. Yea, Brunell did not work out so great similar to your Vinny situation. The Campbell trade must be evaluated in two or three years from now - so to call Gibbs an idiot reveals your draft/football intelligence.

You think at best the skins will win 4-6 games this year...? Let’s see if you really believe the crap you are trying to sell! My offer, I say the skins will win at least 8 games this year (that’s two better than you). If I win you donate $100 to Extremeskins.com, you win and Ill donate $100 to your cow puke site. Deal?

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Now see, jksmtih, you come on to a Redskins site, pose a supposedly objective question (in a very subjective way I might add) deride the team, and then get testy when told your derision is not a welcome part of the conversation?

Man, if you aren't already gone, try to learn for the future when you are on any site or for that matter any conversation, anywhere. Blasting people gets (at the very least) boring for everyone; have fun in a static life. Otherwise, grow up, and learn how to disagree in a way that promotes a healthy respect, and maybe even some new knowledge or an undiscovered point of perception for everyone.

-nomad

Its actually pretty easy

A 10, just as Andyman said

The team had its priorities, did what it needed to and accomplished a lot

The key being here the continuity and the building of long term depth. You can do that if a coaching staff is going to be around for a while. And the draft showed exactly that

Originally posted by ChocolateCitySkin

They would have liked to have been able to keep smoot and pierce and probably coles too. Also, we lost out on a few free agents. However, they had to cut their losses and consider long term cap implications.

...though we should be okay for that cap next year right? :whoknows:

Can you keep a secret? Smoot would not have been a starter this season; the team got every free agent it truly wanted; the cap is fine, and will be fine.

"But, I must concede, you know better because clearly you have inside knowledge"

I just love the irony in this statement.

"Can you keep a secret? Smoot would not have been a starter this season; the team got every free agent it truly wanted; the cap is fine, and will be fine."

Really? Wow!!! Now that would have been a shocker!!!

Archived