Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gary Oldman

footballhenry

I was never even familiar with this guy until I read some stuff on him for Batman Begins. I then saw the movei "the Professional" and thought he was extraordinary in it. Seriously he portrayed one of the best villains on film I have seen, too bad he wasn't given more screentime. I watched some scenes from Batman Begins and love the way he delivers his lines. He also played a really good villain in "True Romance". Just was wondering what other movies hes really good in, any other memorable roles for him?

He was in the 5th Eliment and was good and my favorite role is in the Contender when he is probing the senate/congress about Joan Allen's character as VP. He is a fantastic actor also in JFK, Dracula, Basquiat, Hannibal etc

He played Beethoven in a movie, but I've forgotten the name. He's also very good as the drunken brother in the Irish Mob movie State of Grace w/ Sean Penn and Ed Harris. He's always a fantastic villain. He and Alan Rickman (Die Hard) are in a class by themselves at that sort of role.

Originally posted by Riggo-toni

He played Beethoven in a movie, but I've forgotten the name. He's also very good as the drunken brother in the Irish Mob movie State of Grace w/ Sean Penn and Ed Harris. He's always a fantastic villain. He and Alan Rickman (Die Hard) are in a class by themselves at that sort of role.

yeah, i agree. im most interested in his villainous roles

Oldman's been in a million movies. He's as good as you get at playing really odd and quirky characters, and he's always great when he plays bad guys. You two have named most of his more recognizable roles, as well as the last Harry Potter movie and Air Force One (another great turn as a baddie). He also was nominated for an Oscar playing Beethoven in some movie back in the mid-90s.

*Edit: It was Immortal Beloved, and he wasn't nominated for it.

Archived