Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins, Ravens to Scrimmage On Aug. 6{merged}

Huly

NFL football arrives a week early for Redskins and Baltimore Ravens fans: the Redskins will travel to Baltimore on Saturday, Aug. 6, to scrimmage the Ravens at M&T Bank Stadium, the teams have announced. http://www.redskins.com/

Tickets are $12.00 Adult and $7.00 Children and will go on sale in July. The date in July is still to be determined. You can order tickets by calling 410-261-RAVE (7283) http://www.baltimoreravens.com/tickets/default.jsp;jsessionid=IHNKJIHOJCLN

This is a great price! I was not sure if any of y'all are interested. I am considering going!

Originally posted by Hooper

Man, the thug-quotient is off the chart on that one.

we play them again in pre-season in Balmer.

If anyone wants to go to that game, make sure the Orioles don't play the same night, because they share parking lot's.

Originally posted by jimster

If anyone wants to go to that game, make sure the Orioles don't play the same night, because they share parking lot's.

They're on the road that day, playing Texas. If they were at home, I would consider going to see the scrimmage, then the O's play, but I don't want to drive all that way just to see a scrimmage.

Originally posted by WVSkins79

They're on the road that day, playing Texas. If they were at home, I would consider going to see the scrimmage, then the O's play, but I don't want to drive all that way just to see a scrimmage.

you don't want to drive there if they play the same night. - It's 2 stadiums, 1 parking lot.

It happened a few years ago, but I think it hurt the Oriloes more than the Ravens.

Originally posted by Mr. S

whats the point? I was actually looking forward to not having 5 preseason games this year. I know a scrimmage is more light, but Jansen's injury happened w/o contact I believe...

In all fairness, Jansen's was a freak injury, only a slightly more freakish in nature than Taylor Jacobs' during pre-season of his rookie year. Either one could have happened at any time.

Nick

Originally posted by ntotoro

In all fairness, Jansen's was a freak injury, only a slightly more freakish in nature than Taylor Jacobs' during pre-season of his rookie year. Either one could have happened at any time.

Nick

That's what I mean, freak injuries can happen. I guess they could happen in practice too. They can in a scrimmage as well, and that is why I wonder why they want to scrimmage, especially agsint a team they will face soon enough.

Originally posted by Mr. S

whats the point? I was actually looking forward to not having 5 preseason games this year. I know a scrimmage is more light, but Jansen's injury happened w/o contact I believe...

Teams scrimmage EVERY year anyways. It just so happens that the 'Skins will be scrimmaging against the Dirty Birds. I seem to remember the 'Skins usual scrimmage partners being the Steelers. I remember when they used to televise them. If I remember correctly, it isn't run like a game either. Each offense gets so many plays to run, then they switch. That's all. It's not even full contact and, as far as I know, every team does it every year. This is nothing new.

Archived