Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

doss gets community service

bsmsss

indys doss was arrested for firing a gun several weeks ago and charged with felony assault battery charge--he pleaded no contest and got community service today--the felony charge was dropped--this was posted on cnnsi web page

to bad that wasnt in fla but was in ohio

i get the felling gibbs has had enough of taylor

remember his quote

dont embarrash the redskins--taylor you did--he could be bye bye

Originally posted by bubba9497

Doss fired the gun, but has gotten little negative press compared to Taylor

do you figure thats just standard media redskin hate, or is Taylor just a higher profile player than doss? or possibly that Taylor took a day to turn himself in?

Originally posted by dreamingwolf

do you figure thats just standard media redskin hate, or is Taylor just a higher profile player than doss? or possibly that Taylor took a day to turn himself in?

It's the standard Redskins hate/hype that is to blame.

Look how it effects people too. There's a guy here saying Sean Taylor is worst than crackheads now :doh:

Originally posted by bsmsss

indys doss was arrested for firing a gun several weeks ago and charged with felony assault battery charge--he pleaded no contest and got community service today--the felony charge was dropped--this was posted on cnnsi web page

remember his quote

not to mention , that on "Comcast Sportsnet", Philip Daniels basically ripped a new whole in Taylor... when interviewed, Daniels held nothing back. He said that he (Taylor) should have never put himself in that situation, and that he really likes Sean as a person but he knows better. Plus, he mentioned that Taylor was informed early in his rookie season that "you don't embarrass the Redskins nor yourself"... Daniels implied that eventhough he believes that Taylor should be here with his teammates, if he doesn't respect the team, Coach Gibbs and the organization then he doesn't need to be here. ... that was the basic gist of it. To me it seemed harsh, but was straight forward.. besides what we say as fans, you can't argue with the disappointment with his teammates (the people that he goes into battle with week in and week out).

Honestly, it hasn't gotten all that much media attention out here (CA). I suspect that A) it's gotten a ton of attention in the DC area for obvious reasons, B) we tend to pay more attention to it than we did in Doss' case, and C) a lot of the extra attention has been due to the fact that Taylor already put himself in the news by not showing up to practise and not returning Gibbs' phone calls.

Originally posted by bsmsss

remember his quote

:rubeyes:

Wait a minute.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/06/06/bc.fbn.colts.doss.ap/

AKRON, Ohio (AP) -- Mike Doss pleaded no contest Monday to gun charges and the Indianapolis Colts safety was sentenced to community service.

Doss faced a felony weapons charge and three misdemeanor charges after Akron police estimated hearing five to six gunshots outside a local restaurant May 29.

He pleaded no contest to misdemeanor charges of carrying a concealed weapon and firing a weapon within city limits.

He was sentenced to 40 hours' community service, fined $1,000 and ordered to destroy the gun. A 180-day jail sentence was suspended.

Doss issued a statement apologizing to the court, the city of Akron, the Colts and his family.

"He just wants go to back to playing football," said his attorney Jon Sinn.

Taylor didn't even fire his gun....sure FLA is diff law-wise but mylanta if he gets jailtime....it sounds sad and selfish but i'd rather the FLA courts to give him 20 then us release him and he becomes the next ronnie lott or better for dare i say another NFC east team......just a rabidfan talking here in my most rabidness of ways

This is very interesting Dosses case was if anything worse as he was seen by a clubload of passers by . All the facts in the Taylor case are still up in the air . My gut fealling is he may plead or get off with the minor charge of simple assult or all charges will be dropped before it gets to court.

If the NFL though treat Doss and Taylor different , i.e. stomp on Taylor handing down a major ban then there is something seriously wrong .

In the eye of the law it doesn't matter what perceived trouble Taylor has been with since entering the NFL. For all intends and purposes Taylor is a law abiding citizen without any priors and the DA will recognize this and work out a plea.

There is no way that Taylor spends any time in jail over this and depending on how the plea works out he may not even get suspended by the league.

What he does after that is anybody's guess btu being a big fan of his I hope it works out for the better.

Archived