Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MMQB (Merged)

jwebst1

" 9. I think I'll probably want to rescind that Joe Gibbs-will-win-a-Super Bowl-in-his-second-career-with-Washington prediction I made 14 months ago. "

So that explains the seismic tremors - Lard *ss is finally off our bandwagon...

9. I think I'll probably want to rescind that Joe Gibbs-will-win-a-Super Bowl-in-his-second-career-with-Washington prediction I made 14 months ago.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/06/06/mmqb.favre.afc.pick/3.html

And Taylor.

3. I think Sean Taylor must be an idiot. How do you not get along with Joe Gibbs? How do you try to get a new contract after one year? Sean, some advice: Do not look at Terrell Owens as a role model. Some more advice: Move out of South Florida. Now.

Originally posted by Califan007

If Vermeil can win his first Super Bowl in his second coaching tenure, Gibbs can damn well win his forth...

Ah, but King was probably advocating Vermeil's forced retirement the season before the Rams won the Super Bowl...

Couldn't agree with you more. I've brought up this example numerous times to friends and such, and will keep using that example. At least give this man 2 years to see what he can do in his second year back after over a decade.:2cents:

Originally posted by skinshog

Couldn't agree with you more. I've brought up this example numerous times to friends and such, and will keep using that example. At least give this man 2 years to see what he can do in his second year back after over a decade.:2cents:

Vermeil's team didn't look too hot in its first season or two either.

Peter King's love for the Patriots is so transparant that it is starting to get embarrassing. First, you have to wade through the weekly Redsox tidbit....then, a shot at the Yankees, of course.

Then, you are supposed to suspend belief in reality to think that King loves the Sox but is even keeled regarding the Pats......even though EVERY OTHER ARTICLE HE WRITES IS ABOUT THEM.

Man, it makes me so pissed that I actually wrote him an email and called him on it.

Archived